FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rogmaw

Superior rotation?: WW with Drinking Horn Cover legendary.

So i was lucky enough to get Drinking Horn Cover for my WW. 

I was playing around with it today and i noticed something. It seems you should get the Energizing Elixir talent. Reason being is that if you manage to pull off the rotation properly then you can actually be able to use Fist of Fury twice before the Storm, Earth and Fire clones expires. This makes it really good considering the artifact passives that affect FoF with and without SEaF.

Rotation

Currently, i'm seeing this rotation to be the most effective:

x2 Tiger Palm > Touch of Death > Storm, Earth and Fire > Fist of Fury > Strike of the Windlord > RSK Blacout Kick until FoF's off CD. (Make sure you have chi when that happens)

The idea is to increase the chi spent as much as possible in between cooldowns, while still making sure that the very millisecond it goes off cooldown you have 3 chi to spend on it.

Downside?

• In order to make sure your SEaF are still up until the end of FoF, you can not use Whirling Dragon Punch during SEaF. 
  • AFAIK, you can't change talents to compensate for that.
  • Serenity doesn't work with the legendary and I have no theoretical number on Chi Orbit
  • You can't rely on combo strikes on every single hit as you need to burn chi fast by spamming Blackout kick

Question then is, does the downside far outweigh the upside, should i not prioritize double FoF?

Edited by Rogmaw

Definitely would agree that Energizing is the way to go here.

FoF is a higher priority damage-wise than WDP, so I would say prio on double is worth it.

On 30.9.2016 at 4:15 PM, Blainie said:

Definitely would agree that Energizing is the way to go here.

FoF is a higher priority damage-wise than WDP, so I would say prio on double is worth it.

I'm gonna give you a followup question then. Is ignoring the mastery damage bonus just to dump enough chi to avoid SEaF from expiring worth it?

4 hours ago, Rogmaw said:

I'm gonna give you a followup question then. Is ignoring the mastery damage bonus just to dump enough chi to avoid SEaF from expiring worth it?

No, because of Hit Combo.  If you don't proc the mastery, you drop hit combo, which is a larger damage increase than SEF is.

3 hours ago, Hairypawter said:

I just got this legendary on my ww and was wondering how to optimize it now that SEF is fixed/buffed? Is it still like Rogmaw writes or is there another way?

With DHC, Whirling Dragon Punch is the go-to talent for up to 5+ targets, however, you don't play any differently than you would if you didn't have DHC.  The exception being if you aren't running Hit Combo AND have low mastery, where you are more free to double TP for chi or double BoK to dump chi.