Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Zarya

Sign in to follow this  

15 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Zarya build guide.

On 9/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, KingMe said:

Just wanted to point out that when you hover over the abilities for the builds nothing appears. 

Will let them know, thanks.

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

On 11/6/2016 at 6:55 AM, Guest NoirCity said:

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

Noted, thanks!

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

12 hours ago, Farbas said:

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

On 15/05/2017 at 11:22 PM, positiv2 said:

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

I tested it again and I really don't see a change, but maybe I'm not doing it right.

Here's how I proceed:
I go in try mode near the training mob, I select "Demolitions Expert" and "Pinpoint Accuracy" and clic on "complete quests".
Then I go no cooldown mode, and I use "Particle grenade", pixel by pixel in the direction of the mob, until I see the bonus damages. Then, without moving the mouse, I move at the exact point I've first seen the bonus damages occur. I then reset talents, take them again, and without completing the quest, self-cast "Particle Grenade" to see if the bonus damages occur. Since it does when I test it, I think the bonus damage area didn't decrease between the moment I made the test with the bonus area and the moment I made it without the bonus area.

Sorry if this isn't clear ^^'

@FarbasI tested it by shooting about 20 grenades (to get a feel for it and know the exact pixel it begins) at towers, then clicking the Complete Quest and trying it again, aiming at the same spot where was the pre-quest bonus damage's radius, then moving away from the target, then resetting against testing it where the quest's bonus damage ended. 

I will try your approach as well. Could be me testing it incorrectly.

This is kinda unrelated to real zarya game play ( unless fighting etc with moshpit ) but in her dance she.....Dabs....thanks blizzard

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guest Zayndrel said:

I think the point that zarya shouldn't be your solotank isn't made enough clear. :)

I believe "Zarya should never be the only Warrior in your team. If none of your teammates drafted a Warrior, we do not recommend picking Zarya." is clear enough.

Why is there no mention of Zarya's trait ({D?}) in this section? As a new player trying to study up on heroes this doesn't really explain how her energy works, which I assume is trait based. Thanks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Zul raid guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Elemental Mage Guide.
    • By Stan
      Heroes of the Storm's third Ranked Play Season will go live next week along with the latest Brightwing/Kerrigan content update. Check out new rewards and changes to Team League coming this Season!
      Ranked Play Updates
      Team League now supports all party sizes, including solo players. All solo players will need to choose which League to play for the first time after the patch. Heroes devs also discussed other changes that they planned to implement this Season in the Ranked Play & Matchmaking AMA from August 9, but because they are not covered in this preview, we're not sure if they make it live.
      Ranked Play & Matchmaking AMA Changes
      Preventing returning ranked players from placing higher than Diamond 3 each season-roll after placement matches. Reduce the number of placement games required for returning ranked players. Separate out regional GM ladders to allow players to rank up within their local player base and matchmaking rulesets. Add draft swaps for Hero League. Extend the Rank Point Decay to affect more leagues. Blizzard (Source)
      Heroes of the Storm’s third 2018 ranked season is ending soon, and we’ve got a host of new rewards that you can earn just by playing ranked games in the coming months. Read on for details!
      Season Roll Dates
      2018 Season 4 will begin as soon as our next patch becomes available for download in each region. Check the season start and end dates below to make sure you’re able to dive into the rankings as soon as the season rolls:
      Event Date 2018 Season 4 Start Week of September 25* 2018 Season 4 End Week of December 14* *Exact date may vary slightly by region.
      Ranked Play Updates
      Team League Team League now supports all party sizes, including solo players. All solo players will need to choose which League to play for the first time after the patch. 2018 Season 4 Rewards
      Players who manage to brawl their way up through the leagues during the upcoming season can claim new portraits, mounts, and gold rewards for their achievements in Hero and Team League. Take a look at everything that’s up for grabs this season!
      Hero League Portraits
      Team League Portraits
      Mount Rewards

Hero League Rank Rewards Bronze 500 Gold Bronze Hero League Portrait Silver 750 Gold Silver Hero League Portrait Gold 1000 Gold Gold Hero League Portrait Platinum 1250 Gold Season 4 Mount Platinum Hero League Portrait Diamond 1500 Gold Season 4 Mount Diamond Hero League Portrait Master 1750 Gold Season 4 Mount Epic Season 4 Mount Master Hero League Portrait Grand Master 2000 Gold Season 4 Mount Epic Season 4 Mount Grand Master Hero League Portrait Team League Rank Rewards Bronze 500 Gold Season 4 Mount Bronze Team League Portrait Silver 750 Gold Season 4 Mount Silver Team League Portrait Gold 1000 Gold Season 4 Mount Gold Team League Portrait Platinum 1250 Gold Season 4 Mount Platinum Team League Portrait Diamond 1500 Gold Season 4 Mount Diamond Team League Portrait Master 1750 Gold Season 4 Mount Epic Season 4 Mount Master Team League Portrait Grand Master 2000 Gold Season 4 Mount Epic Season 4 Mount Grand Master Team League Portrait If you’re ready to begin your Ranked Play journey in Heroes of the Storm but are unsure how, head over to our Ranked Play Guide to get started on the right foot. 
      Good luck and have fun during the upcoming ranked season!
    • By Stan
      Abathur and Sylvanas can be purchased at a reduced Gem price next week along with various skins and mounts.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Every Tuesday, we place a number of Heroes on sale, and swap a fresh set of cosmetics into the featured item rotation. Check out this week’s items and then head in-game to pick up anything that catches your eye.
      Heroic Deals: September 25 – October 2, 2018 
      Our next set of Heroic Deals will begin on Tuesday, September 25! Check out the list of upcoming featured items and Hero discounts below. Upcoming Hero Sales
      Sylvanas— Sale Price: 312 gems Abathur — Sale Price: 375 Gems The following skins and mounts will be added to the featured item rotation and will become purchasable with gems until this round of Heroic Deals comes to an end:
      Upcoming Featured Skins
      Skeletal Raven Sylvanas Ironclaw Rehgar Eternal Star Lich Kel’Thuzad Hellish Fallen Junkrat Upcoming Featured Mounts
      Horde Road Boar Penance Judgment Charger
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl, Booty Coffers, is virtually Blackheart's Bay with minor twists. Blackheart appears on the map immediately after the gates open and only accepts payments of 100 Doubloons. He will bombard the enemy Core instead of structures, Doubloon chests spawn more often, appear at new locations, and drop more Doubloons. Play 3 games of Booty Coffers to earn a standard Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Blackheart got greedy! Only the richest team can hope to win over his favor with a hefty payment of 100 coins. Dodge cannonball barrages while trying to gather enough Doubloons to take down your enemies. Yarrrrrr!
      RULES:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. Blackheart appears immediately after the gates open, and accepts Doubloon turn-ins as usual. Skeleton Doubloon camps have been removed from the map. Doubloon chests spawn more often, appear at new locations, and drop more Doubloons. Forts and keeps drop 10 Doubloons when they die. Mercenary camps drop an additional 3 Doubloons (for a total of 5). The Boss camp drops a total of 15 Doubloons. While chests are active, Blackheart fires one cannonball every 2 seconds in an area immediately around the chest. Blackheart does not bombard enemy structures as normal (at 10/12/14 Doubloons, etc.). Instead, he waits for a team to turn in 100 Doubloons, whereupon he bombards the enemy core until it's dead. REWARDS:
      Complete three matches of the Booty Coffers brawl to earn a Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
      As always, we’ll see you in the Nexus!