FORUMS
Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Zarya

On 9/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, KingMe said:

Just wanted to point out that when you hover over the abilities for the builds nothing appears. 

Will let them know, thanks.

Guest NoirCity

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

On 11/6/2016 at 6:55 AM, Guest NoirCity said:

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

Noted, thanks!

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

12 hours ago, Farbas said:

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

On 15/05/2017 at 11:22 PM, positiv2 said:

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

I tested it again and I really don't see a change, but maybe I'm not doing it right.

Here's how I proceed:
I go in try mode near the training mob, I select "Demolitions Expert" and "Pinpoint Accuracy" and clic on "complete quests".
Then I go no cooldown mode, and I use "Particle grenade", pixel by pixel in the direction of the mob, until I see the bonus damages. Then, without moving the mouse, I move at the exact point I've first seen the bonus damages occur. I then reset talents, take them again, and without completing the quest, self-cast "Particle Grenade" to see if the bonus damages occur. Since it does when I test it, I think the bonus damage area didn't decrease between the moment I made the test with the bonus area and the moment I made it without the bonus area.

Sorry if this isn't clear ^^'

@FarbasI tested it by shooting about 20 grenades (to get a feel for it and know the exact pixel it begins) at towers, then clicking the Complete Quest and trying it again, aiming at the same spot where was the pre-quest bonus damage's radius, then moving away from the target, then resetting against testing it where the quest's bonus damage ended. 

I will try your approach as well. Could be me testing it incorrectly.

This is kinda unrelated to real zarya game play ( unless fighting etc with moshpit ) but in her dance she.....Dabs....thanks blizzard

• Like 1

Guest Zayndrel

I think the point that zarya shouldn't be your solotank isn't made enough clear. :)

18 hours ago, Guest Zayndrel said:

I think the point that zarya shouldn't be your solotank isn't made enough clear. :)

I believe "Zarya should never be the only Warrior in your team. If none of your teammates drafted a Warrior, we do not recommend picking Zarya." is clear enough.

Guest Concerned Citizen

Why is there no mention of Zarya's trait ({D?}) in this section? As a new player trying to study up on heroes this doesn't really explain how her energy works, which I assume is trait based. Thanks.

Guest Andovaren

Zarya's Spell Barrier trait at level 13... Marked with a red X as not viable..

"effect is too unreliable to make it a superior choice over Endurance Training"

I'm sorry but this particular note is just flat out...bad.

75% spell damage reduction for 3 seconds when your barrier expires OR breaks is a SIGNIFICANT survivability tool when facing burst mages. Think Jaina, Orphea, Kaelthas etc. The barrier often breaks after one or two spells, but the 3 extra seconds of spell armor effectively gives you 3 more seconds of very high defense against their comboes. The fact that it activates on breaking and not just expiring makes it very reliable when you need to survive burst.

Meanwhile Endurance Training gives 20 armor at 75+ energy. Meaning you need to have high energy (likely) just to get a minor armor boost. Particularly in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, this essentially means that after your barrier is gone, youre left with only a pitiful 20 armor instead of 75 spell armor. It's "OK" but its by no means "superior" to spell barrier. The only boon to this talent is that you can charge it with your ally and thus keep it longer during an extended non-burst fight (though your personal barrier recharges by this point).

Honestly both are situational. But Spell Barrier has a much bigger impact on teamfights compared to Endurance Training.

Consider a Teamfight. People throwing ults left and right.

1) Spell Barrier: Reducing three theoretical ults of 1000 damage to 250 damage = 750 damage total.

2) Endurance Training: Reducing three theoretical ults of 1000 damage to 800 damage = 2400 damage total.

Aka youre most likely already dead in the 2nd scenario.

It's just bad to tell newer zarya players that such a significant armor is not viable at all due to "unreliability" (aka "pressing W"), flat out like that.