FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Zarya

On 9/30/2016 at 10:22 AM, KingMe said:

Just wanted to point out that when you hover over the abilities for the builds nothing appears. 

Will let them know, thanks.

Guest NoirCity

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

On 11/6/2016 at 6:55 AM, Guest NoirCity said:

As of Nov 5, 2016  Zarya's Personal Barrier (W) ability has a 10 second cooldown. On Icy-veins, it says "12 seconds". 

Best,

NoirCity :)

Noted, thanks!

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

12 hours ago, Farbas said:

After testing, it seems that after completing Demolitions Expert, even if the center area of Pinpoint Accuracy appears larger, the effective area doesn't change. I think that should be indicated somewhere in the talents description

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

On 15/05/2017 at 11:22 PM, positiv2 said:

I just tested it as well and it works fine for me - the area of Pinpoint AccuracyPinpoint Accuracy's bonus damage is increased. The only issue I can think of is that the hitboxes have different size from the visual models you see. However, this issue would is there even before completing the quest, as hitting the edge of the inner circle has no bonus damage either. The "dead zone"'s area increases with the diameter of bonus damage after completing Demolitions ExpertDemolitions Expert, which makes it more noticeable, I guess.

I tested it again and I really don't see a change, but maybe I'm not doing it right.

Here's how I proceed:
I go in try mode near the training mob, I select "Demolitions Expert" and "Pinpoint Accuracy" and clic on "complete quests".
Then I go no cooldown mode, and I use "Particle grenade", pixel by pixel in the direction of the mob, until I see the bonus damages. Then, without moving the mouse, I move at the exact point I've first seen the bonus damages occur. I then reset talents, take them again, and without completing the quest, self-cast "Particle Grenade" to see if the bonus damages occur. Since it does when I test it, I think the bonus damage area didn't decrease between the moment I made the test with the bonus area and the moment I made it without the bonus area.

Sorry if this isn't clear ^^'

@FarbasI tested it by shooting about 20 grenades (to get a feel for it and know the exact pixel it begins) at towers, then clicking the Complete Quest and trying it again, aiming at the same spot where was the pre-quest bonus damage's radius, then moving away from the target, then resetting against testing it where the quest's bonus damage ended. 

I will try your approach as well. Could be me testing it incorrectly.

This is kinda unrelated to real zarya game play ( unless fighting etc with moshpit ) but in her dance she.....Dabs....thanks blizzard

• Like 1

Guest Zayndrel

I think the point that zarya shouldn't be your solotank isn't made enough clear. :)

18 hours ago, Guest Zayndrel said:

I think the point that zarya shouldn't be your solotank isn't made enough clear. :)

I believe "Zarya should never be the only Warrior in your team. If none of your teammates drafted a Warrior, we do not recommend picking Zarya." is clear enough.

Guest Concerned Citizen

Why is there no mention of Zarya's trait ({D?}) in this section? As a new player trying to study up on heroes this doesn't really explain how her energy works, which I assume is trait based. Thanks.

Guest Andovaren

Zarya's Spell Barrier trait at level 13... Marked with a red X as not viable..

"effect is too unreliable to make it a superior choice over Endurance Training"

I'm sorry but this particular note is just flat out...bad.

75% spell damage reduction for 3 seconds when your barrier expires OR breaks is a SIGNIFICANT survivability tool when facing burst mages. Think Jaina, Orphea, Kaelthas etc. The barrier often breaks after one or two spells, but the 3 extra seconds of spell armor effectively gives you 3 more seconds of very high defense against their comboes. The fact that it activates on breaking and not just expiring makes it very reliable when you need to survive burst.

Meanwhile Endurance Training gives 20 armor at 75+ energy. Meaning you need to have high energy (likely) just to get a minor armor boost. Particularly in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, this essentially means that after your barrier is gone, youre left with only a pitiful 20 armor instead of 75 spell armor. It's "OK" but its by no means "superior" to spell barrier. The only boon to this talent is that you can charge it with your ally and thus keep it longer during an extended non-burst fight (though your personal barrier recharges by this point).

Honestly both are situational. But Spell Barrier has a much bigger impact on teamfights compared to Endurance Training.

Consider a Teamfight. People throwing ults left and right.

1) Spell Barrier: Reducing three theoretical ults of 1000 damage to 250 damage = 750 damage total.

2) Endurance Training: Reducing three theoretical ults of 1000 damage to 800 damage = 2400 damage total.

Aka youre most likely already dead in the 2nd scenario.

It's just bad to tell newer zarya players that such a significant armor is not viable at all due to "unreliability" (aka "pressing W"), flat out like that.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The latest balance patch comes with new augmented Hero Rings, purchasable for 5,000 gold each, which are equivalent to the old Mastery Skins, Hero updates, and more.
      Patch Highlights
      General
      After completing the Scarlet Heist Questline, a set of 3 new dailies will become available. To show off your individual Heroes mastery, Blizzard has implemented augmented Hero Rings for any Hero over the levels of 15 (Level 1) and 25 (Level 2) which can be purchased for 5,000 gold each. Hero Changes
      Diablo's base health has been increased and the Mana cost of Apocalypse has been reduced. Artanis' Purifier Beam speed has been increased. Some of Rexxar's talents (Easy Prey, Flare, Hunter-Gatherer) have been nerfed. Varian's Twin Blades have been nerfed and his Taunt has been buffed to incentivize Varian players to try tanking for their teams more often. Ana has been slightly buffed and they removed the awkwardness of the way Vampiric Rounds asked players to constantly target swap after 5 Shrike stacks. Deckard Cain's potions now display their impact location before they land and the radius of Fortitude of the Faithful has increased. Li Li's Hindering Winds and Surging Winds talents swapped positions. Lt. Morales has a new Medi-Drone talent which gives her limited multi-target healing. Malfurion's Entangling Roots & Innervate have been buffed. Whitemane has some new baseline mechanics. Clemency and Inquisition now remove 1 stack of Desperation, Zeal can be activated to increase Spell Power by 25% and reduce Armor by 25 for 5 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. Saintly Greatstaff has a new functionality, and Whitemane has a new talent at level 20 which can be used to grant a target ally a permanent Zeal. Qhira's Finishing Touch has been buffed to help equalize the level 1 talent tier. Junkrat's base health and regeneration have been increased and we have some follow-up changes to even out his talents (see below for details). Li Ming received survivability buffs (Health + regen). Astral Presence was removed and the functionality implemented into Force Armor. Blizzard (Source)
      Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with Hero balance changes and bug fixes! Read on for details.
      General
      The Scarlet Heist: Daily Quests Mobsters are back! After completing the Scarlet Heist quest line, a set of three new daily special event quests will be available. Using a Special Event dialog, you can choose one of those three quests and complete it for a Scarlet Heist Chest reward, once a day, until the event ends on December 3rd, 2019, PST. New Feature: Hero Mastery Rings A lot of you may remember the old 'Mastery Skins' and we are excited to bring back another way for players to show off their mastery of individual Heroes. With today's patch, players will be able to spend 5,000 gold to purchase augmented Hero Rings for any Hero over the levels of 15 (Level 1) and 25 (Level 2). These Mastery Rings are permanent when purchased and will be placed over the top of the normal Hero Ring, becoming visible to all players while in a match. We are extremely excited to know what you think about these and appreciate hearing any feedback you have on them! Heroes
      Tank

Diablo
      Base
      Health increased from 2670 to 2825. Black Soulstone [Trait] Bonus Health reduced from 0.4% to 0.3% per Soul. Talents
      Level 10 Apocalypse [R1] Mana cost reduced from 100 to 50. Bruiser

Artanis
      Talents
      Level 10 Purifier Beam [R2] Movement Speed increased from 3 to 3.2.
      Rexxar
      Base
      Mend Pet [E] Mana cost increased from 55 to 60. Talents
      Level 1 Easy Prey [Passive] Damage bonus against Mercenaries and Minions reduced from 200% to 150%. Flare [Active] Cast range increased from 15 to 25. Level 4 Hunter-Gatherer [Passive] Bonus Healing Regeneration reduced from 1.25 to 1 per second per Regeneration Globe. Maximum stacks increased from 20 to 25.
      Varian
      Talents
      Level 1 Overpower [W] Bonus damage increased from 30% to 40%. Level 4 Taunt [R1] Health and Health Regeneration bonuses increased from 30% to 40%. Twin Blades of Fury [R3] Base Attack Damage reduction increased from 20% to 25%. Level 7 Lionheart [Q] Healing bonus increased from 50% to 75%. Level 16 Banner of Stormwind [Active] Cooldown reduced from 45 to 25 seconds. Banner of Dalaran [Active] Cooldown reduced from 45 to 25 seconds. Level 20 Glory to the Alliance [Passive] Banner cooldown reduction changed from 20 seconds to 50%. Healer

Ana
      Base
      Shrike [Trait] Healing from Shrike damage from 50 to 60%. Talents
      Level 1 Vampiric Rounds [Trait] Bonus Shrike Heal from stacking 5 Doses from 1.5% to .75%. Added second reward: Increase Shrike’s Heal by .25% for every Basic Attack against Heroes that have 5 Doses. Slumber Shells [E] Additional functionality: Reduce the cooldown of Sleep Dart by 4 seconds. Level 7 Night Terrors [E] No longer reduces Sleep Dart cooldown. Modified functionality: Gain 25% Movement for 2 seconds for every Hero hit by Sleeping Dart. When a Hero wakes, they take 10% of their maximum Health in damage.
      Deckard
      Base
      Healing Potion [Q] Now displays its impending AoE to allies while the missile is in flight. Fortitude of the Faithful [Trait] Radius increased from 5.5 to 6.5. Talents
      Level 1/4/7 Gems [Active/W] Added functionality: Increases the damage of the unleashing Horadric Cube by 100%. Level 4 Ruby [Active/W] Cooldown reduced from 30 to 20 seconds. Trigger radius of Lesser Healing Potions increased from .5 to 1 (matching base potions). Level 20 Perfect Gems [Active/W] Now reduces the cooldown of all Gem talents to 5 seconds, instead of a flat 25 second reduction.
      Li Li
      Talents
      Level 4 Hindering Winds [W] Moved to level 13. Slow duration increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds. Level 13 Surging Winds [W] Moved to level 4. Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
      Lt. Morales
      Talents
      Level 7 Vanadium Plating [W] New Functionality: Increases the duration of Safeguard by 1 second. While the target is Stunned or Rooted, Safeguard’s armor value is increased to 50. Prolonged Safeguard [W] Removed. New Talent - Medi-Drone [W] Allies with Safeguard receive 50% of the healing done by Healing Beam on other targets.
      Malfurion
      Base
      Entangling Roots [E] Cooldown reduced from 14 to 12 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 75 to 65. Innervate [Trait] Cooldown reduced from 30 to 25 seconds.
      Whitemane
      Base
      Basic Attack Damage increased from 55 to 62. Clemency [Active] Mana cost removed. Additional functionality: Removes 1 stack of Desperation. Inquisition [W] Additional functionality: Removes 1 stack of Desperation. Zeal [Trait] Added functionality: Activate to increase your Spell Power by 25% and reduce your Armor by 25 for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown. Talents
      Level 10 Scarlet Aegis [R1] Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds. Level 13 Saintly Greatstaff [Trait] New functionality: Hitting an enemy with Searing Lash marks them for 3 seconds. Basic Attacks against a marked target deal an additional 75 damage and consume the mark. Level 20 New Talent – Guiding Light [Active] Activate to grant target ally a permanent Zeal. Only one target can have this at a time. Melee Assassin

Qhira
      Talents
      Level 1 Finishing Touch [Passive] Modified functionality: Gain 15% Basic Attack damage. When you Basic Attack a Hero below 50% Health, gain an additional 15% Basic Attack damage and 35% Attack Speed for 3 seconds. Ranged Assassin

Junkrat
      Base
      Vitals Health increased from 1350 to 1425. Health Regeneration increased from 2.813 to 2.969. Talents
      Level 4 BOOM POW [W] Cooldown reduction increased from 8 to 9 seconds. Level 7 Big As [E] Armor reduction increased from 10 to 15. Level 10 Rocket Ride [R2] Damage increased from 815 to 890.
      Li-Ming
      Base
      Vitals Health from 1232 to 1270. Health regen from 2.57 to 2.65 Talents
      Level 1 Astral Presence [Passive] Removed. Force Armor [Q] Additional functionality: Mana regeneration is increased by 100% while below 35% maximum Mana. Level 4 Triumvirate [W] Additional functionality: Max range Arcane Orbs also refund 40 Mana. Bug Fixes
      General
      Many abilities that were incorrectly incrementing Healing or Self Healing scores have been fixed. Protected now contributes to Healing or Self Healing Score. A.I. should no longer become stuck in a logic loop while attempting to capture Merc camps that have enemy structures nearby. User Interface
      Fixed additional issues that caused Gem purchase dialog show blank screen. Fixed typos in Boost tooltips. Fixed an issue where player names are cut off when they have a Boost active. MAC
      Fixed an issue that would cause mouse hover outlines for some objects to render solid black. Fixed an issue that would cause area of effect circles to render with an incorrect color. The latest balance update has hit the Nexus and here are the patch notes.
    • By Stan
      This week's Hero rotation includes Ana, Brightwing, Kael'thas, Zul'jin, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15, 2019
      Player level remains unknown because Blizzard stopped updating the official forum post.
      Ana Artanis Azmodan Brightwing Cho Chromie ETC Gall Kael'thas Li Li Rexxar The Butcher Zagara Zul'jin (Source)
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl is Industrial District! The single-lane Overwatch-themed map comes with standard play and shuffle pick. Destroy the enemy core to earn a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      This week’s Heroes Brawl is Industrial District! Slide around and slug it out in the heart of Volskaya in this Overwatch-themed, single-lane Battleground featuring lots of conveyor belts and tons of action.
      Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of the Industrial District Brawl to earn a Scarlet Heist Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
    • By Stan
      The in-game Collection has been updated with three new Heroes that can be purchased at a reduced price.
      You can still purchase dynamic bundles from the Scarlet Heist Event, but there are no other skins for sale right now.
      Click here to check out this week's Free-to-Play Hero rotation.

Hero Sales
      Heroes Old Price New Price Ana 750 Gems 375 Gems D.Va 625 Gems 312 Gems Sylvanas 625 Gems 312 Gems
    • By Stan
      This week's slightly delayed Hero rotation includes Anduin, Dehaka, Kel'Thuzad, Yrel, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8, 2019
      Player level remains unknown because Blizzard stopped updating the official forum post.
      Anduin Dehaka Fenix Gazlowe Hanzo Imperius Johanna Kel'Thuzad Kharazim Leoric Malfurion Thrall Valla Yrel (Source)