FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Haeckel

Help to analyze logs

Hi!

A hunter from my guild is having some issues with his DPS, he thinks that his DPS is low for his ilvl and asked me for some help, but i don´t have much knowledge about hunter in general. 

So I came here to ask for any help you could give me to analyze his performance and give him some tips to improve. 

As far as I can see his stat priority and talents seems ok.

His armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Kaguamon/simple

His entry on warcraftlogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17626624/latest/

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Haeckel

Your links are broken because you copy and pasted the "..." along with the links make sure you paste the full link and I can take a look at it.

Stat priority and talents are a good thing but what I've learned is to make a good or a great hunter you have to have a perfect rotation down and you need to know when to use certain abilities during certain mechanics of fights.  It's easy to be a good hunter but its hard to master and become a great hunter.  I've improved my DPS so much just by talking with Iridar a lot and watching his EN videos.

You should let him know to ALWAYS use windburst on cooldown even if it interferes with his vulnerable debuff and to only use sidewinders if it procs or if its about to hit two stacks, and per one sidewinders you should always get two aimed shots and one marked shot out of it BUT marked shot should be more prioritized.  So I usually like to sidewinders, aimed shot marked shot then aimed shot again and follow the rotation rules again after that.  Murder of crows should always be used on cooldown as well and barrage should always be used on cooldown except during vulnerable debuff OR if adds spawn then it takes top priority.

These are just some basic things I've learned, some obvious things, but I didn't really get the hang of it and learn all the subtleties until talking to some people on here and watching videos.

Edited by OnsDalaran
  • Like 1

The hunter guide here has really good suggestions for stat weights using the Pawn add-on as well.

Some of the gear pieces could be replaced easily by some mythic 5/6 gear (drops forgiving) considering the priority of MM hunter secondary stats.

I'd suggest he look through for suitable replacements for a trinket, belt, pants and boots. Depending on what content is available to them would really alter where I'd suggest looking through for suitable replacements.

Edit: That being said OnsDalaran also made the extremely valid point of rotation. Gear gets you so far where as rotation will be king.

Additionally I've found MM hunter to be very position and targeting orientated in fights with adds and extra mobs (ie Elereth and Heart).

Edited by Milkshots

Hey,

as said the rotation ist totally fucked up. Marked Shots that land after the Vulnerable Debuff is gone is a no go. He already messed up the opening (Nythendra HC) plus he specced the wrong talents - use Crows instead Barrage for ST-only fights.

Oh yeah... and trinkets. And enchants. 

Similar question here so i do not bother you all with another topic ;)

New to Hunter myself, as this is the first tier of raid i run with it, i still struggle to reach 200k on most fights consinstently. Nevertheless i managed so far to complete EN on Normal with my guildies (consider a family and friends scenario for my group), because i play a lot and have decent gear (857 full Mastery/Haste and fulminator/bloodthirst trinkets).

I actually do "feel" what i'm doing wrong, because i learned here on theory what i'm supposed to do, but still i fire MS outside of vulnerable debuff and stuff like that sometimes ;)... and i realize that i'm doing it while i am doing it!

Given all the above i believe it's not necessary to ask you mighty hunters to check on my poor logs, but i'll rather ask if possible to get a link to a, let's say "average, 855/860 logs at 50 percentile bracket, so i can compare not only numbers (where i know i should be around 250k on average) but rather stuff like number of AS fired, TS utilization and such, so i can look forward focusing on getting a better grip on the handling of my (beloved) toon.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/pozzo-delleternita/Sciarpsciot/simple

Thanks for any feedback and happy hunting ;)

Edited by Alben

2 hours ago, Alben said:

Similar question here [...] but i'll rather ask if possible to get a link to a, let's say "average, 855/860 logs at 50 percentile bracket, so i can compare not only numbers (where i know i should be around 250k on average) but rather stuff like number of AS fired, TS utilization and such, so i can look forward focusing on getting a better grip on the handling of my (beloved) toon.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/pozzo-delleternita/Sciarpsciot/simple

Thanks for any feedback and happy hunting ;)

I am at 854 equipped (plus the Mail set from Surama Dungeon) and I clearly break 200 dps in every fight heroic EN, sometimes 300k on normal EN (if I do not die xD ).

Here you can check my Logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/16720562/latest

To help you get the rotation right I'd check my post in the other thread:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/24235-rotation-helper/

• Like 1

@Tizid

thank you very much, i'll check on your logs and bother you again for sure with some questions ;)