Starym

Halloween Event Patch Notes + Trailer

Sign in to follow this  

16 posts in this topic

content_Clipboard01.png

Horde mode/brawl is in, Ana, Widowmaker and Junkrat changes and more.

It seems the co-op brawl/horde mode is in fact part of the Halloween patch today although, as expected, Sombra was not. Here's the official trailer for the event:

And here are the patch notes for the event itself, as well as some additional tweaks and fixes:

Blizzard LogoOctober 11

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Seasonal Event: Overwatch Halloween Terror

When the shadows grow long and the nights grow cold . . . when witches cackle in the night, and ghosts roam the streets . . . it can mean only one thing: Halloween has arrived in Overwatch! Starting today, Overwatch's regular Loot Boxes have been replaced with limited-edition Halloween Loot Boxes. Each contains at least one of more than 100 Halloween-themed sprays, icons, skins, victory poses, emotes, and highlight intros. And the bravest heroes will test their mettle against a mad scientist's metal minions in Overwatch's first co-op PvE brawl: Junkenstein’s Revenge.

Welcome to Overwatch Halloween Terror!

To learn more about the event, click here.

New Feature: Leaderboards

In-game leaderboards will now show off the top 500 competitive players from each region, and a separate leaderboard will allow players to see how their competitive performance stacks up against their Battle.net friends. Plus, we’re adding leaderboards for the Overwatch Halloween Terror event that’s happening right now!

Note: After downloading the latest patch, players will need to complete at least one Competitive Play match before they’ll appear on the Battle.net friend leaderboards.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Static cameras are now supported in spectator mode
  • Team names can now be edited in custom games
  • Raised the volume of Hanzo's Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Okami/Lone Wolf Skin
  • Heroes hit by Ana's Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
  • Increased frequency of Reinhardt's "barrier failing" voice line
  • Custom Games can now be paused

Competitive Play

• Players who leave or are disconnected from a competitive match can now rejoin anytime while the match is still in progress
  • Teammates of a disconnected player can now exit a match after 2 minutes have elapsed (formerly 1 minute), and they will not receive a leaver penalty. However, they will receive a loss

Spectating

• Camera movement in Spectator Mode has been improved

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

• Nano Boost
    Ultimate cost has been increased by 20%
  • Biotic Grenade
    Radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters

Developer Comments: So far, we haven't seen any indication that Ana is too strong overall, but her ultimate charges a little too fast, especially considering the impact it can have on a match. Also, her Biotic Grenades are getting a small boost to help her hit multiple targets.

Widowmaker

• Widow's Kiss
    Scoping-in animation time has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.33 seconds

Developer Comments: This change will help Widowmaker acquire new targets more quickly and speed up her reaction time in fast-paced situations.

Junkrat

• RIP-Tire
    Ability now activates more quickly

Developer Comments: Junkrat can be an extremely effective hero in the right hands, but RIP-Tire often felt underpowered when compared to his counterparts.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

General

• Hero Gallery now signify which items were unlocked during the Overwatch Halloween Terror event
  • Several minor aesthetic changes have been made to the game’s Main, Social, and Options menus
  • Removed several stats that were duplicated for certain heroes throughout the career profile
  • Graphics, typography, and layout have been updated in the Player Profile menu
  • Controller users can now choose between two aiming modes
    Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick's range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly
    Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves toward the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout

Social Features

• Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting, and others will appear more frequently (e.g. Torbjörn's Armor Packs Created will appear less frequently while Offensive Assists will appear more frequently)

BUG FIXES

General

• Enemy players that are knocked down no longer lose their red outline
  • Highlight Intros previewed after opening a loot box now loop
  • Fixed a bug that prevented custom key bindings from saving after relaunching the game
  • Fixed a bug that kept players from binding Take Screenshot to other keys
  • Fixed a bug preventing any non-default sprays from appearing during the Play of the Game
  • Heroes that appeared on the main menu screen are no longer visible in the background while viewing items in the hero gallery

Competitive Play

• [PS4, XB1] Fixed an issue that was incorrectly displaying a top 500 icon for certain players, even though they had not yet broken into the top 500

Maps

• Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va to reach unintended locations on several maps when using Self-Destruct
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture first objective on King’s Row from extremely high above the point
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the payload to heal players, even when they were negatively affected by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
  • Fixed a bug preventing the health bars on the Practice Range bots from displaying the effects of Ana’s Biotic Grenade
  • Fixed a bug preventing sprays from being applied correctly to some surfaces on Eichenwalde
  • Fixed a lighting issue, causing certain objects to appear darker than intended inside the Eichenwalde castle

Heroes

• Smoothed the animation during Ana’s zoom-release transition
  • Fixed a bug causing Bastion’s bullet shells to eject backwards while in Configuration: Sentry mode
  • Fixed a bug causing D.Va to be teleported back to a re-spawn point if her Boosters are used inside the team’s dropship
  • Fixed an issue preventing Hanzo’s Sonic Arrow from appearing when selected
  • Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat’s statistics from correctly tracking RIP-Tire kills
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat’s “Roadkill” achievement from being awarded after obtaining 4 kills with RIP-Tire
  • Fixed an issue preventing Mercy’s staff from appearing in some highlight intros while wearing the Valkyrie, Sigrún, and Cobalt skins
  • Fixed a bug causing Tracer’s highlight intros to render at a lower resolution when accessed from the Highlights menu
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to use her Grappling Hook on basketballs
  • Symmetra's “Car Wash” achievement now correctly lists the number of beams required (6 instead of 7)
  • Fixed a time calculation issue that was causing Zenyatta's “Rapid Discord” achievement to be more difficult than intended

Spectating

• Spectators are now able to see the Assemble Heroes countdown timer on all maps during a Custom Game
  • You are no longer able to see your killer’s red outline while spectating your team before respawning

This time you can unlock the Halloween specials with credits! Not like Summer games.

Edited by Quiz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quiz said:

This time you can unlock the Halloween specials with credits! Not like Summer games.

THANK GOD!! I want that mercy skin so badly. Was sad the summer games were so hard behind a pay wall

• Like 1

The PvE mode is fun, really really fun! Kinda like zombie mode in CoD, but 4 games in a row we had a leaver, probably because they couldn't pick the hero they want? 

Blizzard needs to think of a way to solve this, Cause it's getting common. it's even hard as 4 so you have to leave too if someone else does. Or just leave it this way and remove the mode after halloween.

Edited by mnime

I'm playing Overwatch on the PS4 so I can play with my kid, but I'm wondering if anyone knows when the event boxes are actually going to go on sale?  On the PS4 it has a message on the Halloween box that says the items are available in game but not for purchase at this time.  Are they going to go on sale at all, and if so has anyone seen a date?

15 hours ago, ghostdeini said:

I'm playing Overwatch on the PS4 so I can play with my kid, but I'm wondering if anyone knows when the event boxes are actually going to go on sale?  On the PS4 it has a message on the Halloween box that says the items are available in game but not for purchase at this time.  Are they going to go on sale at all, and if so has anyone seen a date?

Well twitter  says they should be buyable by now on consoles.

One other thing to mention from twitter: It seems that you only can buy the skins for coins while the event lasts.

Edited by Erelaun
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Erelaun said:

One other thing to mention from twitter: It seems that you only can buy the skins for coins while the event lasts.

It doesn't affect me, but I know people that are gonna be peeved about this! I suppose it's fair enough to maintain them as seasonal skins though.

36 minutes ago, Blainie said:

It doesn't affect me, but I know people that are gonna be peeved about this! I suppose it's fair enough to maintain them as seasonal skins though.

... So they are still behind a pay-wall. While I had 1000 coins saved for a skin I haven't decided yet, I was not prepared for it to cost 3000! I guess I'll open my dozen loot boxes I earn and hope for the best. =/

im wondering why im not in the top 500, im in masters (around rank 3610) im looking at the leaderboard and with that rank i should be placed at 370, ive played more than 50 games, are their any other requirements i need or is this a bug??? im on ps4 if that helps

On 10/13/2016 at 2:24 PM, Laragon said:

... So they are still behind a pay-wall. While I had 1000 coins saved for a skin I haven't decided yet, I was not prepared for it to cost 3000! I guess I'll open my dozen loot boxes I earn and hope for the best. =/

Generally seems to be the sentiment I'm hearing from friends that want the skin as well. I've been plowing through boxes and the duplicates are just crazy. Had a double duplicate legendary box today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGoodkat said:

im wondering why im not in the top 500, im in masters (around rank 3610) im looking at the leaderboard and with that rank i should be placed at 370, ive played more than 50 games, are their any other requirements i need or is this a bug??? im on ps4 if that helps

I can't speak for PS4, but at least on the PC leaderboard you wouldn't be on it. I can't check the leaderboard on MO for PS4 because it only goes down to 250. I'm not sure of any other requirements tbh :/

38 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Generally seems to be the sentiment I'm hearing from friends that want the skin as well. I've been plowing through boxes and the duplicates are just crazy. Had a double duplicate legendary box today!

The duplicates don't give you near enough coin when it happens. 1/5 value is rough when saving for a couple legendary or even just epic items. Also, player icons are dumb ways for them to make the RNG worse on skins. Literally no reason for them to exist.

23 minutes ago, Laragon said:

The duplicates don't give you near enough coin when it happens. 1/5 value is rough when saving for a couple legendary or even just epic items. Also, player icons are dumb ways for them to make the RNG worse on skins. Literally no reason for them to exist.

Imagine how bad it is when the maximum you need is about 4 items per hero and about 10 player icons!

I've got 11k credits ready for as soon as Sombra releases :D

19 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Imagine how bad it is when the maximum you need is about 4 items per hero and about 10 player icons!

I've got 11k credits ready for as soon as Sombra releases :D

Holy crap! What level are you/how much did you spend?! I'm just under 100 and barely double digits for each character.

On 10/16/2016 at 9:47 PM, Laragon said:

Holy crap! What level are you/how much did you spend?! I'm just under 100 and barely double digits for each character.

About level 250, but I had some B.net gift balance left over after being given to me for my birthday, so spent it on that since I've got the full collection on Hearthstone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Blainie
      This thread is for comments about our Doomfist guide for Overwatch.
    • By Starym

New game mode, new map and a lot of big hero changes in this PTR edition!
      Never say nerver, as Deathmatch, a mode the OW team explicitly said would never be in the game, is on the PTR right now! Jeff Kaplan also talks about it and the reasons for the change of heart in the latest dev update. In addition to the new game mode and new map for said mode we also get some hero changes: Junkrat can now have 2 trip mines and gets a faster tire; Orisa gets faster projectiles and a bigger barrier; Roadhog can now heal himself during movement and takes less damage while healing; Widowmaker gets a shorter cooldown grapple and can see poisoned enemies through walls!

Deathmatch PTR (source)
      PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
      New Game Modes: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
      Two new game modes have been added to the Arcade: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch!
      In Deathmatch, eight players go head-to-head until one player scores 20 points. Players will earn 1 point whenever they land the final blow on an opponent and will lose 1 point whenever they die to environmental damage (ex: falling off a cliff) or self-inflicted damage. This scoring will be tracked in a brand-new scoreboard. The first player to 20 points wins!
      In Team Deathmatch, two teams of four players face off until one team scores 30 points. Players will earn 1 point for their team whenever they land the final blow on an opponent and will lose 1 point for their team whenever they die to environmental damage (ex: falling off a cliff) or self-inflicted damage. If players are resurrected before they respawn, the corresponding point for their death will be deducted from the enemy team’s score. This scoring will be tracked in our default scoreboard. The first team to 30 points wins!
      Both modes will play out on a selection of maps from our existing pool:
      Hanamura Horizon Lunar Colony Temple of Anubis Volskaya Industries Dorado Eichenwalde Hollywood King’s Row (TDM only) Black Forest (TDM only) Castillo (TDM only) Ecopoint: Antarctica (TDM only) Necropolis We’ve made several modifications to many of these maps (including restricting play to a specific area and developing a special respawn system) when playing in these modes. We’re also introducing a brand-new map specifically for Deathmatch: Château Guillard! Learn more about this map below.
      Both modes will be available for play in Custom Games. Watch our developer update for additional insight: [link]
      New Deathmatch Map: Château Guillard
      Château Guillard is located near Annecy in southeastern France. For hundreds of years, it was the estate of the influential Guillard family, until it gradually fell into disrepair after the family's power waned in the decades after the Revolution. Recently, the château has found a new owner: the Talon agent Widowmaker, who has returned to her family's ancestral home.
      GENERAL
      A number of data format changes have been implemented Developer Comments: Over the past few months, we’ve been working on a number of significant under-the-hood changes that will help us streamline the patching process. This will allow us to reduce the download size in future patches, but it does mean that today’s patch is larger than a traditional patch. HERO UPDATES
      Junkrat
      Concussion Mine Junkrat can now hold two mines RIP-Tire Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30% There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing Developer Comments: Giving the Junkrat the ability to store two concussion mines adds some much-needed flexibility and versatility to his kit, particularly when using the mines for mobility. RIP-Tire’s damage has always been very good, but it was often difficult to steer the tire into position before it was destroyed. Increasing its speed will allow players to effectively detonate the tire more often and decrease the amount of time that Junkrat is vulnerable while controlling it. Orisa
      Fusion Driver Projectile speed increased by 20% Protective Barrier Barrier size increase by 20% Barrier shape has been changed to allow for more coverage from enemies that are below the barrier Developer Comments: The projectile speed increase helps Orisa’s consistency, especially at medium ranges (or further). Her barrier size has been increased to better protect her team, and the new shape makes the shield more effective when it’s used on slopes or on top of objects (such as a payload). Roadhog
      Take a Breather Can now be used while moving Damage taken while healing has been reduced by 50% Developer Comments: These changes help Roadhog be much more aggressive when looking for hook targets or blocking for his team. The combination of these effects significantly increases Roadhog’s sustainability and survivability. Widowmaker
      Grappling Hook Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8 Venom Mine Affected targets are now visible through walls (to you as Widowmaker only) Developer Comments: Widowmaker is extremely powerful in the right hands, but her abilities often felt a little weak. The Grappling Hook cooldown reduction means she is more likely to have it available when she needs to escape. Venom Mine is intended to be an early warning system, uncovering enemies that are attempting to flank her or her team. With this change, she can see enemies when they trigger the mine, even if they’re on the other side of a wall. USER INTERFACE
      Added an “Outline Opacity” option under the custom reticle settings (found under Controls > Options > Advanced), which allows players to control the opacity of the black outline surrounding the reticule BUG FIXES
      General
      Fixed a bug that occasionally required the Capture Point progress bar to progress past the second tick mark before being activated Heroes
      Fixed a bug that could cause D.Va's black ejection screen to briefly reappear after being ejected from her mech Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s Light Gun to use the wrong texture while outside of her mech when the Junker skin was equipped Fixed a bug that caused D.Va’s hair to stand straight up on the Hero Select screen when her Cruiser was equipped Fixed a bug causing the lights on the back of Doomfist’s gauntlet to incorrectly indicate full ammo when his Hello emote was activated Fixed a bug that prevented the area-of-effect circle for Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being visible to all players Fixed a bug preventing the height from Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being high enough to reach certain locations Fixed a bug that was preventing Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from connecting with enemy players that were moving up an incline Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s arrow to disappear when his Meditate emote was active Fixed a bug preventing Orisa’s “Overclocked” achievement from being granted, even after the criteria was met Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s teeth to be visible while her Stealth ability was active when her Los Muertos skin was equipped Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s reload animation to play even when interrupted Maps
      Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ecopoint: Antarctica Fixed a bug that allowed players to see past the map’s background on Black Forest Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Black Forest Fixed a bug that caused the announcer to say “Traveling to Dorado” when joining Castillo Fixed a bug that prevented some equipment (vents, pipes, etc.) from properly connecting to the walls of the power plant on Dorado Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Hanamura Fixed an issue that caused sprays to display incorrectly on the crane on the Horizon Lunar Colony Fixed a bug that could cause A.I. heroes to get themselves stuck while traveling to the Well Capture Point on Ilios Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ilios Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Oasis Fixed a bug that prevented Pharah’s Jump Jet from recharging while perched on doorframes in Oasis Fixed a bug that prevented doorframes from being visible and lacking collision on the Practice Range User Interface
      Fixed a bug in the Options > Controls menu that prevented the asterisk (which normally indicates that changes have been made) from being removed from the hero’s dropdown after controls have been set to default Fixed a bug causing the Back button to disappear when scrolling through the list of available games in the Game Browser Fixed a bug that prevented grouped players from appearing linked in the tab menu during a Custom Game
    • By Starym

The games are back and are bringing not only the skins from last year, but a few news ones as well, on top of the usual set of emotes, intros, sprays etc! This year also brings us competitive Lucioball in the form of Copa Lúcioball - and it can get you two new sprays, one for 10 games played and one for finishing in the top 500! The games will run from today until August 28th.
      You can buy last year's skins for a discounted price as well, but you'll still have to get the new ones the hard way - and they're a pretty damn good thing to get too. You can check out the old skins, as well as all the emotes and highlight intros on the official site.

Blizzard (source)
      THE GAMES ARE BACK
      The Summer Games return for more fun in the sun! This year, we're celebrating the spirit of competition with a new Lúcioball arena, leaderboards, and competitive play. Unlock over 50 new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Mercy’s Winged Victory, Grillmaster: 76, and Lifeguard McCree—alongside all your favorite summer gear from last year.
      PITCH PERFECT
      Our 2017 Summer Games event wouldn’t be complete without a display of athletic expertise, so we’re bringing back Lúcioball—and it’s better than ever! This futuristic spin on soccer places you in a fast-paced 3v3 match in Rio de Janiero’s beautiful Estádio das Rãs or on a brand-new pitch located in the Sydney Harbour Arena.
      Players can choose between two modes: Lúcioball and the all-new Copa Lúcioball, which offers a more competitive experience with placement matches, skill ratings tiers, leaderboards, competitive points, and more.
        A NEW TOURNAMENT BEGINS
      Stretch those hamstrings, turn up the volume, and commemorate the event with a Summer Games Loot Box, filled with new skins, voice lines, emotes, victory poses, and more. Legendary skins from last year’s Summer Games collections can also be purchased with credits for a discounted price. Over 150 cosmetic items are available, but don’t wait too long—these Loot Boxes will be will gone before you know it.
    • By Starym

The Summer Games are coming back on August 8th, with all the skins and even more Lucioball! This time around the totally not Rocket League activity gets upgraded as there's a new (and separate) competitive mode for it - Copa Lúcioball - and it can get you two new sprays, one for 10 games played and one for finishing in the top 500! The event will run for three weeks and you can see Jeff Kaplan explaining all the details in the video below.

• By Starym

He's finally come to the live servers which means you can now go ahead and punch everyone, up down left right, just PUNCH IT ALL! There's also a new trailer for the character's release showcasing his abilities pretty well.
      We also got the newest patch notes bringing the PTR changes to live and more:
      July 27 (source)
      PATCH HIGHLIGHTS New Hero: Doomfist (Offense):
      Equipped with charisma and ambition, Doomfist is a consummate tactician and one of the leaders of Talon: literally throwing down his gauntlet as he joins the fight. From his base in Nigeria, Doomfist is a commanding offense hero equipped with hard-hitting melee abilities. Driven by a belief that conflict is essential to humanity’s progress, he’s committed to advancing his vision of the future—even if the agents of Overwatch disagree with his methods.
      Doomfist’s cybernetics make him a highly mobile, powerful frontline fighter. His primary attack is the Hand Cannon; this four-shot weapon fires projectiles from Doomfist’s knuckles one at a time or in a single blast. With his secondary attack, Rocket Punch, he charges forward and delivers a devastating blow, knocking back any opponent it connects with and dealing extra damage if the enemy is hurled into a wall.
      Seismic Slam smashes into a targeted area, knocking opponents toward him so he can deal further damage. His Rising Uppercut tosses enemies high into the air, while his passive ability, The Best Defense…, grants him shields every time he uses one of his abilities against an opponent. Lastly, his ultimate ability, Meteor Strike, causes him to leap high and drop into a targeted area, dealing massive amounts of damage.
      To learn more about Doomfist, click here.
      Loot Box Updates
      We always want the experience of opening a loot box to feel exciting and rewarding, and in our latest patch, we’re working to improve that experience in two key ways. First, we’re drastically reducing the amount of duplicates you will receive when opening loot boxes. Second, to compensate for this reduction of duplicate items, we’re also increasing the overall amount of credits you will receive from loot boxes. On average, you should be earning just as many credits, if not slightly more, from loot boxes as you did prior to these changes.
      New Highlight Options
      Our highlights system has received several major updates:
      The game will continue to automatically generate highlights for you based on your recent gameplay. These auto-generated highlights—now categorized as “Today’s Top 5”—will be surfaced on a daily basis and persist for a full 24 hours (or until the game client is patched, whichever happens first). Players can now generate their own highlights! The ability to capture 12 seconds of your own gameplay has been added to the game, and can be bound to a single button of your choice (or a button per highlight slot) in the Options menu under “Request Highlight.” These player-generated highlights will be saved under a new section called “Recently Captured” and will persist until the game client is patched. Players can have up to 36 recently-captured highlights stored at one time. With the above, players can now record any of their “Top 5” or “Recently Captured” highlights, exporting them as a video file to their gaming platform’s designated media library (on console) or directory (on PC). On PC, players will also have the option to select the quality at which these highlights are exported, supporting up to 4K for Windows 8 or higher operating systems, and up to 1080p on Windows 7. To learn more about this feature, check out our recent developer update: https://youtu.be/OkYJlPMdWNA
      GENERAL
      Adjusted the respawn timing to limit defensive stalling strategies when the offensive team has a clear advantage and plays aggressively Custom Games and Game Browser
      Clarified the text on the “Flag Carrier” options under the Capture the Flag settings for Custom Games Removed the “Projectile Speed” and “Projectile Gravity” options for heroes who do not have projectile weapons Minimum movement speed has been changed to 50% (formerly 10%) Players can no longer select Roadhog during Limited 1v1 matches User Interface
      Added ability to create customized reticles Reticle options can be found under the “Controls” tab in the “Options” menu (click the “Advanced” expander under the “Reticle” heading) The name of Mercy's “Stethoscope” spray has been changed to “Heartbeat” Statistics gathered from 6v6 Elimination matches will now be added to statistics in the Career Profile Tie games will no longer be included in the win percentage calculation that’s listed under the Player Profile HERO UPDATES
      D.Va
      Defense Matrix New sound effects and voice lines have been added, indicating when Defense Matrix has absorbed an enemy’s ultimate ability Genji
      Deflect New sound effects and voice lines have been added, indicating when an enemy’s ultimate ability has been deflected McCree
      Flashbang Stunned targets are now slowed heavily, meaning they're less likely to escape while stunned (especially while in the air) Developer Comment: This change will make McCree's Flashbang consistent against fast-moving targets like Genji or Lúcio.
      Reaper
      Shadow Step Sound effect and VO distance has been reduced by 50% Developer Comment: Even though Shadow Step wasn't intended to be used as a way for players to teleport right next to an enemy without their knowledge, the sound effects were audible from distances that made teleportation difficult from nearly anywhere. This change allows Reaper to be a bit more sneaky with his flanking options.
      Reinhardt
      Rocket Hammer Swing speed increased by 10% Developer Comment: In the last update, Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer had an issue that allowed players with higher latency to swing faster. We fixed this bug, which suddenly made the swing speed feel too slow, so we’re compensating by increasing his standard swing speed. During this process, we also found and fixed a few bugs with Rocket Hammer’s hit registration. Overall, the hammer should feel much better.
      Zarya
      Graviton Surge Now disables mobility abilities on all affected targets Developer Comment: In the past, the abilities that allowed heroes to escape Zarya’s Graviton Surge felt fairly arbitrary. We’re cleaning this up and increasing Graviton Surge's overall power by rendering all movement abilities unusable when an enemy is trapped.
      BUG FIXES
      General
      Fixed an issue preventing “Best In Game” stats from being updated Fixed a bug that could cause the user interface to incorrectly indicate that an enemy player has been hit when colliding with them Fixed a bug that could allow projectiles that would normally pierce shields (i.e. Reinhardt’s Fire Strike) to pass through other surfaces Fixed a bug that caused some players to lose audio during the match Competitive Play
      Fixed a bug that caused players to get a leaver penalty during offseason matches, even after the in-game banner advised it was safe to leave the match Custom Games and Game Browser
      Fixed a bug that prevented players from being added to a Custom Game with 12 Spectator slots Fixed a bug in Custom Game settings that prevented some heroes with Self Healing from having a Healing Dealt modifier Removed the Projectile Gravity slider from heroes who do not have abilities affected by gravity Heroes
      Fixed a bug with D.Va’s Call Mech ability that allowed you to see her inside the mech before entering it Fixed a bug that could cause eliminations from Junkrat’s Total Mayhem to be mislabeled in the kill feed Fixed a bug that would cause Junkrat to use his Ultimate Callout when he is unable to use his Ultimate Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog’s Chain Hook to latch on to Orisa’s Supercharger Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to take damage after activating her Translocator The sound effects on Reinhardt's Bloodhardt, Blackhardt, and Wujing skins have been updated to reflect the use of an axe instead of a hammer Fixed a bug preventing Lucio from receiving the full speed boost when traveling backwards during a Wall Ride Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented Torbjörn from building and upgrading his turret Fixed multiple hit registration bugs in Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer Maps
      Fixed a bug on Eichenwalde that prevented Soldier 76 from placing his Biotic Field in certain locations of Point A Fixed a bug that caused AI-controlled players to perpetually move toward the objective on the Gardens point in Oasis Fixed a bug that prevented Training Bots from facing the right direction and returning to their original location after being moved by player interactions on the Practice Range Fixed a bug with that was causing unusual camera angles for Highlight Intros on Route 66 Fixed a bug that could cause D.Va to fall through the floor while boosting into the ground in a specific area on Volskaya Industries