Zadina

Are Firebat and Malthael Coming to Heroes of the Storm?

Sign in to follow this  

15 posts in this topic

a34Pw9x.png

Some recent datamined data give us hints of two potential future heroes.

With Samuro about to be released, it's time to look at what - or to be more precise, who - is next in Heroes of the Storm. There's only one name left in Axoltl's list (the 4chan guy who predicted correctly all of the 2016 heroes): Varian Wrynn. We've already had some indications that Varian is coming soon and we'll probably see him after Samuro and right before BlizzCon.

And then? BlizzCon will take place on the first weekend of November and we are expecting some big content announcements. Datamined data from the recent PTR patch may have spoiled the surprise. u/Reidor uncovered this image:

zwKttpi.png

The Firebat is a melee flamethrowing infantry unit in the StarCraft universe. According to the lore, similarly to Tychus being sealed in his suit, former criminals and psychotic pyromaniacs are confined into the "Firebat" suits. There is no notable Firebat figure in the StarCraft lore.

Unlike the Firebat, we may know a bit more about the Reaper. Of course, there are Reapers in multiple Blizzard games like Overwatch, Diablo and StarCraft. However, it is more likely that this "Reaper" is in fact Malthael, the Archangel of Death from the Diablo universe. Our first clue is a voice line datamined by u/rambomacko:

Moreover, the 20th anniversary of Diablo will be celebrated during BlizzCon 2016. We already know that World of Warcraft is going to have a Diablo anniversary and it's quite possible that the celebrations will also be present in Heroes of the Storm. Therefore, the Malthael theory has enough indications to be actually true!

What do you think? Would you like to see Malthael or Firebat in Heroes of the Storm?

• Like 1

Firebat makes me nervous. Splash damage is always incredibly hard to balance, and flame throwers are always splash. Imagine how easy pushing is when an auto-attack is a wave clear...

For Malthael... HYPE! He could be really cool. His entire fight mechanic is about slowing you down, so he could be a really cool control assassin (jaina comes to mind in this role, but that's it).

There is no notable Firebat figure in the StarCraft lore, so perhaps Heroes of the Storm is getting its first original character.

Sgt. Hammer, Lt. Morales, Brightwing, and Lunara would all like to have a word with you...

Edited by Vyvanze
  • Like 3

I wouldn't be shocked if these two + Varian got confirmed at BlizzCon.

After all, the last 3 BlizzCons had multiple heroes confirmed. 2013 had the game and the original 18 heroes revealed, 2014 had Jaina, Thrall, The Lost Vikings and Sylvanas, 2015 had Cho'Gall, Lunara and Greymane.

Would be the first time if we didn't get a crazy and unconventional hero like  Abathur, Vikings or Cho'Gall though. I for one would welcome another such hero.

4 hours ago, Vyvanze said:

Sgt. Hammer, Lt. Morales, Brightwing, and Lunara would all like to have a word with you...

Oops, I thought they all existed in their respective games. Well, I haven't played StarCraft but I thought Lunara and Brightwing were original WoW characters.

11 hours ago, greatCraft said:

<<<<<< WANTS DEATHWING. 

oh

EM

GEE

YES!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH DEATHWING WANT. Real giant fire death dragon version not the weird armored human appearance version. Sadly if they did deathwing I figure he'd be in that form and his ultimate would be either a cone/straightline dragon fire breath kinda sindragosas fury esque, or only temporarily get full dragon form. However, full dragon all the time would be infinitely better.

I dunno about firebat and malth though, malth certainly is a big name in diablo lore but starcraft still has a lot of named characters they are leaving out. Seems sort of weird to pick such an arbitrary unit from the pool, i mean they did it before. I want to see a starcraft overmind and see it real creative, something different, like, a stationary unit that just summons stuff to flood lanes, or something weird and unique. Or maybe Zurvan, he'd be a good one, or stukov. There's a lot of great choices missing from starcraft. 

13 hours ago, Zadina said:

Oops, I thought they all existed in their respective games. Well, I haven't played StarCraft but I thought Lunara and Brightwing were original WoW characters.

• Sgt. Hammer was created for HoTS and then added to the SC2 co-op mode as a named unit.
  • Lunara was created for HoTS and then added as an NPC to the Dreamgrove. Technically, she existed in WoW lore as one of Cenarius' daughters, but she was never named.
  • Brightwing was created for HoTS and then added as a named Faerie Dragon in the Emerald Dreamway. The Enchanted Fey Dragon is her older brother, but Brightwing is adopted. 
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

YES!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH DEATHWING WANT. Real giant fire death dragon version not the weird armored human appearance version. Sadly if they did deathwing I figure he'd be in that form and his ultimate would be either a cone/straightline dragon fire breath kinda sindragosas fury esque, or only temporarily get full dragon form. However, full dragon all the time would be infinitely better.

I was praying Chromie would have a dragon form, but nope. If they introduce Deathwing, he NEEDS to have it tbh.

I know there isn't any new indication of it but I'm still holding out for Garrosh.  I think he would make an awesome warrior, or possibly a melee assassin.  As far as Deathwing, you guys are 100% right, he has to have some sort of dragon form.  Maybe its his ult or something, but it wouldn't be any fun without turning into a dragon at some point.

I should also note that I am excited for Varian.  As a lifetime Hordie I used to hate him, but in the last couple expansions he really grew as a character plus his backstory is pretty awesome.  Hurry up and announce him Blizz!

I think it's a huge slap in the face that the Hero to celebrate Diablo's 20th anniversary is not Deckard Cain. It should be him! He deserves it!

On 10/13/2016 at 4:47 PM, ghostdeini said:

I should also note that I am excited for Varian.  As a lifetime Hordie I used to hate him, but in the last couple expansions he really grew as a character plus his backstory is pretty awesome.  Hurry up and announce him Blizz!

How can you not after that Fel Reaver kill!