FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Garylisk

Outlaw Stat Weight Disparity

A quick question here for those who may be more up to date with the numbers than I am, here. (I searched and did not find any answer)

I am looking at the listed stat weights for Outlaw here on Icy-Veins as well as on Shadowcraft, and there is a difference. Now, if it was just a slight difference, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal. However, the difference is extreme, in that the two sites are valuing the stats differently. Other than Agility, Icy-Veins is listing Versatility as top stat, where as Shadowcraft is listing Haste as top stat.

I noticed this while building a spreadsheet for gear comparisons. Anyway, here's the two sites' listed weights:

Stat I-V SC
Agility 1 1
Versatility 0.69 0.773
Critical Strike 0.58 0.393
Mastery 0.54 0.833
Haste 0.49 0.857

This has actually caused the I-V weights to tell me one item is better, where SC tells me another is better.

Which weights are more accurate/up to date? It sort of seems to me that SC is overvaluing Haste and undervaluing crit, honestly, but I am no pro.

Edited by Garylisk
formatting

AFAIK IV stats are an initial pointer towards what you should be gearing. Once you simmed your toon in SC, the weights that it gives you are towards the current state of your character, what would improve it. If you are overflowing with Haste, I bet it'd undervalue it and put something else with higher priority.

tl;dr: Weights are customized to each character. There's no value set in stone to be followed.

1 hour ago, Garylisk said:

A quick question here for those who may be more up to date with the numbers than I am, here. (I searched and did not find any answer)

I am looking at the listed stat weights for Outlaw here on Icy-Veins as well as on Shadowcraft, and there is a difference. Now, if it was just a slight difference, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal. However, the difference is extreme, in that the two sites are valuing the stats differently. Other than Agility, Icy-Veins is listing Versatility as top stat, where as Shadowcraft is listing Haste as top stat.

I noticed this while building a spreadsheet for gear comparisons. Anyway, here's the two sites' listed weights:

Stat I-V SC
Agility 1 1
Versatility 0.69 0.773
Critical Strike 0.58 0.393
Mastery 0.54 0.833
Haste 0.49 0.857

This has actually caused the I-V weights to tell me one item is better, where SC tells me another is better.

Which weights are more accurate/up to date? It sort of seems to me that SC is overvaluing Haste and undervaluing crit, honestly, but I am no pro.

What Lip said

Icy Veins cannot possibly show accurate values for each and every character, because of how dynamic stat weights are

Thanks for the help, guys. I didn't know that SC changed weights dynamically. That is pretty cool!

Unfortunately, it doesn't understand new TImewarped stuff yet, but you've helped me. Thanks again.

The thing that throws me off when trying to use Mr. Robot is that it prioritizes mastery versus versatility. Is that normal at around 860 gear range? 

20 hours ago, yuzu said:

The thing that throws me off when trying to use Mr. Robot is that it prioritizes mastery versus versatility. Is that normal at around 860 gear range? 

it will prioritize whatever your character needs the most.

5 hours ago, Tarobox said:

What explains the differences between the best in slot items from each website then? Does this take into account current gear?

Icy-veins bis is mostly different to the Ask Mr.Robot's bis

http://imgur.com/a/3SVt3

Due to the random nature of Warforged, Titanforged, and whatever other bonuses you can get, it's pretty much useless to have a BiS list.

Agility is always going to be more important than any other stat by a fairly significant margin - because of this, higher item level gear will almost always be the best, and you should take whatever upgrades you get

I thought that was different with legion though? Even the Wow devs are saying that they messed up with secondary stats being heavily weighted in legion. 

Surely you would think an ilvl upgrade would be enough but pieces with crit/haste will always lose to pieces maybe even 10-20 ilvls lower with vert/mastery. (According to Ask Mr. Robot's stat weights anyway.) 

https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/94908250 @ 10:00

2 hours ago, Tarobox said:

I thought that was different with legion though? Even the Wow devs are saying that they messed up with secondary stats being heavily weighted in legion. 

Surely you would think an ilvl upgrade would be enough but pieces with crit/haste will always lose to pieces maybe even 10-20 ilvls lower with vert/mastery. (According to Ask Mr. Robot's stat weights anyway.) 

https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/94908250 @ 10:00

That's for some classes, not all. Shadow Priests, for example, value Haste more than anything by a large margin

When talking about Rogues, all Rogue specs value Agility more than secondary stats