FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stenbock

Prot Paladin Help

Hello,

I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 

I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 

Here's a link to my Paladin. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Stenbock/simple

I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.

Any help is appreciated. :)

If you're new to pala tanking stacking versatility is the easier way to go.

As you get more experience you will want to go for more haste and mastery (value increases with more haste).
With more haste you can play in a more active way, more self-heal through LotP, more active mitigation with SotR and so on.
I'm saying experienced as you have to manage your active mitigation better when heading for haste.

• Like 1

I second what Esc said! Your current stat weights look pretty good to me, little bit more versatility instead of crit/mastery/haste (in that order) unless you are going for stat priority for more 'experienced' prot players (as Esc put it) in which case your stat weights are good already, around 25% haste is a good number to aim for; much higher than that and it starts to taper off in value.

• Like 1

On 22 October 2016 at 6:19 PM, AndyP said:

I second what Esc said! Your current stat weights look pretty good to me, little bit more versatility instead of crit/mastery/haste (in that order) unless you are going for stat priority for more 'experienced' prot players (as Esc put it) in which case your stat weights are good already, around 25% haste is a good number to aim for; much higher than that and it starts to taper off in value.

On 20 October 2016 at 8:40 PM, Esc said:

If you're new to pala tanking stacking versatility is the easier way to go.

As you get more experience you will want to go for more haste and mastery (value increases with more haste).
With more haste you can play in a more active way, more self-heal through LotP, more active mitigation with SotR and so on.
I'm saying experienced as you have to manage your active mitigation better when heading for haste.

Thanks a lot for the help! :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      I started playing Augmentation Evoker this season, and I am finding it difficult to identify areas to improve upon for Mythic+. Details only tracks Ebon Might and Prescience uptime, and I've heard that warcraftlogs is also not correctly calculating the augmentation evoker's contribution. Generally the logs indicate that my DPS is below the other 2 DPS but above the tank (by a small margin).
      Prescience
      Prescience has ~22 second duration (increased due to Mastery: Timewalker ), and a ~11 second cooldown (due to Interwoven Threads ). It can also store up to 2 charges.
      This means I can have either a 100% uptime on both damage dealers by only using it on them (manual selection) or I can use it on cooldown, selecting a healer if the duration of the buff on the dps more than 6 seconds / having the game auto-target a party member without the buff.
      With the 2-set bonus, the duration is also doubled on every 3rd cast of the spell, which prefers using the spell on cooldown so I can have up to 4 instances of the buff running. This playstyle will greatly benefit the 4-set bonus (when I get it 😐 ).
      Blistering Scales
      Always cast on tank on cooldown since it gives an absorb along with bonus armor etc.
      Ebon Might
      Always on cooldown unless the pack will die in 5-10 secs.
      Upheavel
      Always cast on cooldown when I have Ebon Might. Always Empower level 1. Difficult to calculate the AoE for level 2-4 to hit multiple targets, I sometimes try to increase the empower levels to see if i can hit spread targets.
      Fire Breath
      Always cast on cooldown when I have Ebon Might. Preferably Empower level 4, the only times I cast early when I need to move, crowd control (interrupt / knockback / knockup). I also end the cast it early if I see Ebon Might is about to fall off. This is also macro'ed with Tip the Scales and my Trinkets.
      Breath of Eons
      Used along with the party's DPS cooldowns, when available. I'll rather wait for them to pop theirs than use it on cooldown. Using OmniCD addon to track their cooldowns.
      Eruption
      All essence is spent while in Ebon Might window. If Ebon Might is not up and I have 6 essence, or 2 essence burst I'll use it outside the buff window to avoid missed.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to use Prescience? If there is any issue with the the logic on the other spells? Any way to analyze the logs to make improvements?
    • By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By Cheeks
      RECRUITING
      Primary Language: English
      Raids per week: 2
      Playstyle: Casual
      Discord - https://discord.gg/feTswkz 
      Hello everyone
      Zeus has been around since 2006 and to this day continues to grow and progress through new content, We are proud of our laid back, respectful and fun environment yet our mythic team is well focused and committed to doing the best it can and progressing at our own speed. We are looking for mature players from all walks of wow life to join us, also welcoming social players who also enjoy casual & alt raids, levelling & mythic+ etc.
      Currently 5/8 Mythic - 8/8 Heroic.
      We have built the best team that we can with solid raid leaders and in return we expect each raider to put in equal amounts of effort to keep there class up to date, be well prepared and so on.

For main team we are currently considering all dps classes however Mage is priority at this time.
      We have the following raid schedule
      20.30 -23.00 ST Wednesday 20.30 -23.00 ST Sunday We run a weekly social event each Friday, all members are welcome to join.
      21.00 ST Friday Please contact any officer in Discord or in game if you have any interest in raiding in Dragonflight with us
    • By Wildrunnings
      We are an active Mythic+/Raiding/Social Guild on Thunderhorn, Agamaggan, Archimonde, Blade’s Edge, Burning Legion, Jaedenar, Kargath, Norgannon, The Underbog.
      For more info visit our website at Welcome to By His Stripes! (bhsguild.org)
    • By Quickcloud
      Hey guys. So I tanked way way back in TBC and WotLK vanilla. But I’m old now and totally forget everything. 

To tank heroics 500 defense ok to start? Or do you need for sure 540 to even attempt them?

AoE tanking is using SoC and single target is SoV?