FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sniz

Obliterum

I just wanted to give a heads up to Icey Veins (jewelcrafting) guys of a market opportunity that 7.1 brought.

Among all the problems with Jewelcrafting is actually finding something to do with raw green gems.  The price for cut greens drops so low its unprofitable, and green gem neckpieces are reeeaally unprofitable.

So here is what you do.

-every green gem is tied to either a cut, a crappy ring or a crappy neck.

-what you are looking for is a 1 to 1 green to obliterum ash conversion. (Example: chaotic spinels can be crafted into a crappy jewelery which the forge will turn into ash, pretty much 1 for 1)

-First, check the price of obliterum. Thats your baseline.  (Obliterum is hot right now with the 7.1 crafted upgrade bump)

-Second, check the price of cut and raw greens. If the prices are below 1/100th of the cost of an obliterum then you are very close.

-Third, IF the price of the green gems is lower than 1/100th or more, profits opportunities materialize. (Example: skystone raws selling for 15g. Obliterum 3500g. 15x100= 1500g for an Obliterum)

-Fourth, buy, cut and craft all these greens, obliterate them, sell the obliterum.

This can do 2 things, it resets the price of crashed green gem markets. AND if you are aware of you profit breakpoints you can easily realize 1-2k profit when selling the Obliterum.

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing :D

Spent 15-20 mins buying cutting crafting and at the oblit forge on friday. 12k invested.

now selling 7 obliterum for 31.5k total.

I'll have to get on this before I leave for Blizzcon, always nice to have a bigger pile of gold waiting for you!

I'm doing 815 ilvl Alchemy trinkets. 1 trinket is being converted to 115-165 Ash, the mats when buying them on AH are about 1800g all together, Obliterum costs 3000 gold on my server. 3 trinkets->4 Obliterum or 5400 gold-> 12000 gold.

I find it much faster than dealing with the green stuff but you have to have a lot of Blood (normally it comes in loads from dungeons farm).

21 hours ago, Pandacho said:

I'm doing 815 ilvl Alchemy trinkets. 1 trinket is being converted to 115-165 Ash, the mats when buying them on AH are about 1800g all together, Obliterum costs 3000 gold on my server. 3 trinkets->4 Obliterum or 5400 gold-> 12000 gold.

I find it much faster than dealing with the green stuff but you have to have a lot of Blood (normally it comes in loads from dungeons farm).

Thats a good point. I havent tested obliterating blue crafted jewelcraft neckpieces, (cuz its 12k investment) and price for blues is somewhat stable i think.

but yeah, you get it. All crafted stuff is linjed to the price of obliterum, so it opens up a new revenue stream *if* particular markets you work in are crashed.

It's interesting to look at items in regards to their Obliterum value rather than their gold value. Takes me back to when I'd snipe crappy items to then DE and use for enchants. 

• Like 1