Mandown

Fury DPS struggle

12 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I'm really struggling with my fury dps.

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Mandown/simple

Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cCZtpQhKqvbmwgY2/#type=damage-done&boss=-3&source=2

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/cCZtpQhKqvbmwgY2/127042100/2?tab=basic

ilvl: 861

Stats:

Crit: 14.39%
Haste: 25.41%
Mastery: 44.51%

Could you please advise what should I do to improve my dps?

Thank you in advance.

well for starters, your stats are way off buddy
You need to get your crit to at least 30, fury dps is very dependent on enraging, IE when bloodlust crits, or when using rampaging strikes, get your crit to 30, haste to atleast 18 then start dumping points into mastery, your low crit is what is killing your dps, hands down

There is actually a pretty nifty guide on here for fury warriors, in case you are having trouble maximizing dps due to talents or rotation. http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-warrior-pve-dps-guide

Just get that crit up, and manage your enrage time and your dps will spike, was checking out your logs and you have around 50% enrage time, thats way to low for a fury warrior, with 30 crit your bloodthirst will crit most of the time alos with rampaging strikes to fill in void incase it doesn't crit, you should be enraged to close to most of your fights.  Hope this helps.

Edited by zdfultz

4 hours ago, zdfultz said:

well for starters, your stats are way off buddy
You need to get your crit to at least 30, fury dps is very dependent on enraging, IE when bloodlust crits, or when using rampaging strikes, get your crit to 30, haste to atleast 18 then start dumping points into mastery, your low crit is what is killing your dps, hands down

There is actually a pretty nifty guide on here for fury warriors, in case you are having trouble maximizing dps due to talents or rotation. http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-warrior-pve-dps-guide

Just get that crit up, and manage your enrage time and your dps will spike, was checking out your logs and you have around 50% enrage time, thats way to low for a fury warrior, with 30 crit your bloodthirst will crit most of the time alos with rampaging strikes to fill in void incase it doesn't crit, you should be enraged to close to most of your fights.  Hope this helps.

That's not right, the guide you linked even says that's not right. Now to say you can't get decent logs with other stats isn't wrong, but Fury is better at higher haste rating. Haste is Fury's strongest stat up til 45% and even at that it's still strong to 50%.

Now for the OP, Do you use SimCraft for stat weights? I usually sim after each trinket change or any large changes to stats. 2+% of one stat to another. Also your trinket Nature's Call is sim'd as one of the worst for Fury. I'm at work and only looking at this from my phone, but just at an initial glance I can say, drop Mastery for more Haste. Right now I'm sitting at 12% Crit, 34% Haste (35% with 375 Haste food), 38% Mastery, and 2% Vers. Also Pre-potting (Either the new cheaper or Old War) adds a lot of damage in the beginning and the end of a fight.

Here are my logs from my teams last normal clear, I'm at 864 ilvl in these fights.  If you go into the Calendar and look for other logs, my Team is Pink and my name is Raggnaar.

Edited by Nitrosnwbrdr
1 person likes this

ah thats my bad, the prim stats changed a few weeks ago and I never noticed, haven't been playing much as of late, didn't realize they would change so drastically, guess its time to change up my build, ty for pointing that out

10 minutes ago, zdfultz said:

ah thats my bad, the prim stats changed a few weeks ago and I never noticed, haven't been playing much as of late, didn't realize they would change so drastically, guess its time to change up my build, ty for pointing that out

No problem, I was wondering if you were using the old weights, a lot of us were at first and when we got the change we were all like whaaat?!, but after the explanation around it, it makes sense. The rest of that wasn't directed at you, but I edited my post to make it more clear. Damn Cellphone and typing long posts is always a pain.

Just now, Nitrosnwbrdr said:

No problem, I was wondering if you were using the old weights, a lot of us were at first and when we got the change we were all like whaaat?!, but after the explanation around it, it makes sense. The rest of that wasn't directed at you, but I edited my post to make it more clear. Damn Cellphone and typing long posts is always a pain.

Naw your good, I should have looked at the page before linking, I havent really kept up with patch notes as of late, but that is a pretty drastic change, question though, with all that haste and such low crit whats your enrage up-time like?

also I'm not really sure which one to use as a filler, FS or WW? I'll check it out with SimCraft tomorrow and we will see the actual results.

Thanks for the hints so far.

Primary Stats didn't change a few weeks ago ZDFULTZ simply has no idea what he is talking about.

On 11/4/2016 at 6:09 PM, Corbuusier said:

FS as filler on a single target (to boost BT crit chance), WW on multiple targets.

on multiple targets you should be using ww then bloodthrist or rampage your ww gives your BT and Rampage a buff making them hit more then one target so for aoe filling do ww bt ww bt till ramp is up then ww ramp follewed by ur excute when available any time u can get of excute use it thats ur big damage out put specaily when u got full traits in Articfact as far as basic rotation single target u want to us raging blow when up Bt fill in with FS ramp when up use avater on cd battle cry on cd and dragon on cd as well as ur wep ability any fight with alot of aoe you can also use wrecking ball talent to boost ur ww i would stay away from blade storm it is only good if the tanks stack the adds up if adds get spread blade storm is useless

Edited by gerador20

To be fair, Blizz making such a drastic change to stat priority by dropping Crit from top priority to last, within the first few months of the expansion was pretty crappy thing to do.  All that gear we were focused on getting with high Crit to get us to 30% became so much garbage.

By Icy Veins own guidance, Crit was top priority well after the expansion release.  Trying to get to 50% Haste through gear and a couple of gems is just ridiculous.

Edited by Jerun

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eternalsoulz666
      <Judgment Day>
      Recruiting:
      2 Healers - Preferably Paladin/Monk (However will still look at other options. DPS off-spec would be nice too!) 2 Melee - Any class will be considered. 2 Ranged - Any class will be considered.
        Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare
      7/7N / 7/7H
      Trial of Valor
      3/3N
      Nighthold
      10/10N

Requirements:
      On US-Proudmoore or willing to server transfer. Knowledge and understanding of your class. DBM/WeakAuras/RCLootCouncil Being on time and being able to attend raid days preferably 10-15 minutes before start time. (90% attendance is acceptable, however until we have more people on our team 100% is strongly encouraged as we don't have the numbers to have people not show up)
        Schedule:*
      **ALL TIMES ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME**
      Friday 8:00-10:00PM (EST) Saturday 8:00-11:00PM (EST) Sunday 5:00-8:00PM (EST)
        *Raiders/Trials will be provided with full guild repairs during raid hours.
      About Us:
      Judgment Day was formed recently by a group of friends that needed more progression than their previous guild were providing for us. We strive to excel at what we do and want to progress through the current content offered to us as it is released & complete it before the release of the next raid tier.
      Our progress through the raids were preformed by the same raid team however in a different guild. We also enjoy running Mythic+ and the occasional battleground.
      We are willing to accept casuals that aren't interested in raiding and just want a chill environment to hang out in.
      Battle.Net:
      EternalSoulz#1946
      http://www.judgmentday.shivtr.com Please apply using our website. Once your application has been reviewed a officer will contact you in-game (b.net) or via the comments section in your application.
    • By Westvleteren

Are you looking to experience content with a solid group, but you don't have the time or desire for Mythic raiding?  We might be a great fit!
      Our team is recruiting for normal and heroic mode raiding.  
      Flex raids mean you always have a raid slot.  
      The guild provides all raid consumables.
      Current progression is: 7/7H, 3/3H, 4/10H
      Raid times:
      Tuesday and Thursdays, 8:00PM - 11:00PM EST. Only six hours a week (often less once fights are on farm).  
      Sunday evenings we often hold optional Alt raids.
      Recruitment needs:
      We are especially interested in Warlocks, Boomkins, and Hunters. Even if you are not one of those classes, don't hesitate to reach out if we sound like a good fit for you.
      Requirements:
      We ask that you join us in Discord during raids, at least to listen.  Perform reasonably for your gear level in Normal and Heroic raid content.  Our guideline is ilvl 870+ but we can work with you. Our raid schedule is light, so we ask that you try to make raids whenever possible.  We of course realize things come up sometimes. Contact:
      Fill out an application on our website: http://condescending.enjin.com/  Navigate to the recruitment forums for instructions. My main is Westvleteren-Zul'jin (battle tag: Westvleteren#1524). My recruitment partner is Aârøñ-Zul'jin (battle tag: cactusdoodle#1677).
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.
      We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 3 or more mythic boss kills in NH.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.
    • By Ravager
      Evening everyone, thank you for taking your time to read my post =)
      Looking for members to join up for legion's release. went 13/13h 10/10h 7/7h in WoD
      Currently 7/7H EN 2/3H ToV, 10/10N 3/10H Nighthold
      Raid times are Tuesday/Thursday 6:30-8:30pm pst
      We use Mumble as our primary voice chat
      We are a mature semi hardcore guild that likes to joke around but focuses on clearing content. Everyone in here is social and enjoys talking and bsing with each other as well as cracking jokes most of the raid. We have everything you need for a pleasant raiding experience and will help with what ever enchants/gems you might need. Send us a message if you're interested.
      If you're good, know your class well, dont stand in the bad and are willing to fill some spots, give us a try.
      Looking to fill raiding positions
      Tank - Full
      Ranged - Hunter, Ele shaman, Warlock, mage, Boomkin, S priest
      Healing - Full
      Melee - DK/Warrior/DH/WW monk/Enhance shammy
      350k+ dps
      If interested please contact: Ravager#1370 (tasany/ahnoraz) -or-  keiim#1641
    • By Devastaytor
      Shocking, I know...
      I main protection but in the alternate raids try to Fury. It's embarrassing. My Fury weapon is only level 30 (ilevel 898) so I am missing some traits. That could be where I am losing a lot of dps. Below is a link to the armory and warcraftlogs on the raiders training dummy. Simcraft says I should be somewhere around 500k (I know, embarrassing) but can't seem to crack more than 325k. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Devastaytor/simple
      Warcraftlogs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LyCJd2FqbhBjfmna/#boss=0&difficulty=0&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=1