FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Maeglwn

Blood DK Trinket question

hello friends, first post here

quick question regarding Grotesque Statuette for blood dk, just got it out of my il'gynoth class hall cache at 870. I understand that mastery is pretty terrible for blood and that the trinket just got nerfed/hotfixed as far as I'm aware, so I'm wondering if it's even worth using. seems like in my testing so far it only stacks to 3-4 at max on bosses and seemed very low for trash pulls.

was using a memento of angerboda (855) before, so tanking wise its definitely the better trinket, but I'm not even sure if losing 1.3k strength is worth it. 

It depends on a few things, what are your other options, what your other stats look like and what content your doing.

Mastery is pretty poor atm but that might change with 7.1.5 which isnt too far away. Also, they did nerf it but it might get boosted back  a bit so dont throw it away. 

4 minutes ago, Shells said:

It depends on a few things, what are your other options, what your other stats look like and what content your doing.

Mastery is pretty poor atm but that might change with 7.1.5 which isnt too far away. Also, they did nerf it but it might get boosted back  a bit so dont throw it away. 

angerboda would be my other option for the most part. going to be starting M EN soon and I do a ton of m+ dungeons. 

from what I was seeing it barely stacked up on mobs in m+ so kinda thinking maybe its not very good in there, but was looking to see if anybody else had any other experiences with it. 

if nothing else I'll definitely hold onto it for a bit

stats are 22% haste, 27% crit, 21% mastery and 6% vers with it on (I'm not personally a big fan of vers, prefer crit over it and had it stat weighted that way for a while) without the statue, my haste goes up a bit from the gemmed angerboda and my mastery goes down to like 18%.

6 minutes ago, Shells said:

I think your right so, stick with the angerboda and bank the other one for now. 

Agree, bank it and use Angerboda, unless you have something that will give you some more haste.

8 minutes ago, Rylad said:

Agree, bank it and use Angerboda, unless you have something that will give you some more haste.

should've also mentioned I have sephuz's for m+ dungeons and I'm running tremble before me, thats why my haste is a bit low

Hey mate I just got that trinket last night its it proc rate is shocking to say the least. Did a couple of tests and on a boss fight in 15 seconds he only reached 3% reduced damage which compared to the darkmoon deck or dps trinket it was pretty meh.

the DPS trinket has a heavy crit increase and nice high proc rate (mark of dargrul) extra dps is always nice while doing mythic +; if I feel like I'm going to be tanking a boss like cen I'll be using darkmoon deck and unbridled fury just to get those pools down. 

And yes our mastery is in a weird spot at the moment which sucks because I'm hemoraging mastery at the moment it sucks (40%)