Voizu

What am I doing wrong? (Shadow DPS)

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hello fellas and Shadow Priest friends!

I got a semi-big problem and I hope that some of you guys could help me. I think my DPS is too low for my GS and I am clueless what I could do different to have more damage done! I mean I don't think myself a total noob and I am better than the most Shadows I see when I go dungeons or raid but I know I could do more ...

Here is my gear (which btw is trangsmogged pretty stilishly :p)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/die-aldor/voizu/simple

Here are the logs of yesterday - Monday, 11.14.2016

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NvBxJrLdGzqaXTby/#fight=13

Don't look at Ursoc or the Nightmare Dragons ... I died too early and I was derp :s

I think a good damage boss for Shadow Priests is Elerethe, as you can use your S2M as soon as you land on the second platform yet I only have 315k. An other example is Odyn with 280k. I mean okay, we tried him the first time and wiped once but he is not really complicated and I got a good hang on him and still I wonder how some Shadow Priests have over 400k DPS fighting Odyn. I know I only have one Legendary and it's not very good but luck's not on my side I guess. 

Any hints what I do better to be THE DPS monster :D, or atleast have more DPS?

Have a nice everyone and I want to thank you in advance for all your helpful tips!

Voizu

For starters, I would switch your enchants from haste to crit and gem for crit and if possible switch out that int haste trinket for an int crit trinket. I wouldn't recommend losing any of your haste, but crit is pretty important for your spec. You have void bolts and mind blasts that are some of your big nuke spells and they benefit greatly from more crit. Your dps isn't that bad as it stands. Apart from learning how to use surrender to madness and trying to practice best movement strategies, like your legendary to reduce dps and hoping for rng to line up with cool downs such as movement and cooldowns. You can always work on movement and void bolts. I know that is a high movement fight. If possible, you can stay insane for longer via running with dispersion if you feel you might not need it right away and refresh dots if you can with void bolt on exit. This is really only if you are running and you are in void form and you wish to maximize a little more. Otherwise it's impractical to disperse to extend dots, unless you are preserving insanity while on the move and can't void bolt intermittently. 

Sorry for the late response. It seems you know how to play well during Surrender to Madness. Almost 100 stacks is good, but you need to adjust a few things to get the third Void Torrent. 

Based on your Elerethe kill i see you delayed the first Void Torrent. That could be the factor to not reach the third one. Watch these videos from Excel Priest it could help you to adjust the few missing details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ju4RLsh-U0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ukYq-SmFQ (an opener)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTVmqpIBiQ (for when u get the belt)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this