Plagueblade

Mistweaver falling behind

3 posts in this topic

So currently our guild is progressing through all the available content as everyone else is, and on most attempts i come second or third on the healing charts, however i have started falling behind lately and i'm hoping that someone on this site can assist with bringing my heals back up.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Mongolish/simple

Warcraft logs for last fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ycw3GVFdKDW76H41#type=healing

please if any other monks can recommend any changes or just something to help

Firstly, there's always got to be a last place healer. As long as you get your healing in so that nobody dies, then it's ok. However, I noticed two points. Firstly, you were at 17% overhealing on Vivify. That's a lot of healing to waste, especially on a heal that smart targets injured people and that costs a fair bit of mana. Try cutting back on the Vivify usage unless either 3 people need healing. Use Enveloping Mist and focus your other healing into that target for single targets, since Enveloping Mist also gives us the possibility of maintaining that high healing should the target come under fire again.

The point I was more concerned with, however, was the lack of Renewing Mists. You got 16 casts in the 4:32 fight, so you are casting the spell after 16 seconds on average. You could be getting in another spell cast for that. Now, while Guarm does have that low damage phase where he runs berserk, you could still be casting the spell on the tanks, on the dps, ready for when he finishes - remember, the HoT has a 24 second timer. Getting as many casts in as you can is a good habit to get into, as it will improve your overall healing.

I don't know whether you had it on at the time, but you have Mist Wrap on. Unless you are the tank healer, you should be taking Lifecycles, as it also gives you extra mana efficiency with Vivify in addition to Enveloping Mist. Just remember that the spells are still expensive to cast.

1 person likes this

currently on mist wraps for dungeon healing, but yes i use lifecycles and jade wind i switch for chi'ji as needed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ezaro
      Who We Are
      We are a former hardcore guild who finally grew up! Want to still progression raid but don’t have 3 nights a week to devote to WoW? We might be the guild for you! The raiding core is ex TBC/WOTLK raiders who just don’t have the time to raid during the week any more due to real life.
      We raid at the weekend, though people are still on during the week doing arena/mythic + etc!  
      We are currently looking to move into Mythic raiding and are looking to expand the raid team with players with similar goals and time schedules as ourselves.

Raids Times (Server)
      Friday 8pm - 12pm  
      Sunday 8pm – 12pm  

Current Progression 
      7/7 Heroic EN
      3/3 Normal TOV
      3/3 Heroic TOV
      10/10 Normal Nighthold

Misc  
      Loot: Loot Concil 
      Voice: Discord
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/ragnaros/Twilight+Souls  

Recruitment  
      At the moment we're in need of Paladin healers as well as all DPS classes. Higher item level is of course better but anything above 860 to start out is fine. Old school raiders preferred, but not required!  

Contact
      Apply here: www.twilight-souls.co.uk/recruitment
      Darkxblade #2173  
      Gaz #2414
    • By Boogal
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Boogal/simple
      17 traits
      Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21010315/10/#metric=bossdps

My DPS is really comically low. These logs are old and I hadn't read the compendium at the time, but even after doing that I can't stay above like 160k on target dummies. Simcraft is telling me I should be pushing close to 300k, and the people in the Warrior discord tell me that I should be able to get pretty close to those numbers.

So can someone just come meet me in Skyhold and help me out or something? I've read about the rotation, and had people tell me it, but I just need someone to like see what I'm doing wrong or something.

I'm Boogal on Emerald Dream US, horde side. Send me a whisper or reply here I guess.
    • By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 7/7 Mythic EN + 2/3 Mythic ToV + 7/10 Heroic NH
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: HIGH DEMAND!
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild