Plagueblade

Mistweaver falling behind

3 posts in this topic

So currently our guild is progressing through all the available content as everyone else is, and on most attempts i come second or third on the healing charts, however i have started falling behind lately and i'm hoping that someone on this site can assist with bringing my heals back up.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Mongolish/simple

Warcraft logs for last fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ycw3GVFdKDW76H41#type=healing

please if any other monks can recommend any changes or just something to help

Firstly, there's always got to be a last place healer. As long as you get your healing in so that nobody dies, then it's ok. However, I noticed two points. Firstly, you were at 17% overhealing on Vivify. That's a lot of healing to waste, especially on a heal that smart targets injured people and that costs a fair bit of mana. Try cutting back on the Vivify usage unless either 3 people need healing. Use Enveloping Mist and focus your other healing into that target for single targets, since Enveloping Mist also gives us the possibility of maintaining that high healing should the target come under fire again.

The point I was more concerned with, however, was the lack of Renewing Mists. You got 16 casts in the 4:32 fight, so you are casting the spell after 16 seconds on average. You could be getting in another spell cast for that. Now, while Guarm does have that low damage phase where he runs berserk, you could still be casting the spell on the tanks, on the dps, ready for when he finishes - remember, the HoT has a 24 second timer. Getting as many casts in as you can is a good habit to get into, as it will improve your overall healing.

I don't know whether you had it on at the time, but you have Mist Wrap on. Unless you are the tank healer, you should be taking Lifecycles, as it also gives you extra mana efficiency with Vivify in addition to Enveloping Mist. Just remember that the spells are still expensive to cast.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Exstage
      Hay,

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush. 
      But i stil seem to have trouble getting my dps on.  Please take a look on the logs at the 14th. 
      I really dislike using the "eye beam build" (it feel slow to me) so i still use the 2221311 build. 
      Profile:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15410865
      Armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/magtheridon/zoéy

Thanks already for helping / reading!
      P.s. i have all legendary's
    • By Papawoot
      The Bloodborn is currently a Heroic raiding guild that is trying to break into Mythic progression raiding. We have a talented core and are very enthusiastic about raiding, but unfortunately we lack the numbers to attempt Mythic. We are a mostly adult guild ages 25-35 and would prefer like-aged people.

A little history: The Bloodborn is a guild that has been around since The Burning Crusade. We started on the Lethon server and transferred to Illidan at the start of Warlords in an effort to find more players on a high-pop server.

We have earned AoTC during every raid tier this expansion (and before!). We are a close-knit guild who help boost keys weekly, PvP, achievement hunt, and much more.

We are willing to help people gear up for their tier. Voice is optional, but we use Discord and will require you at a minimum to listen.

Guild Needs:
      DPS (Death Knight, Shadow Priest) are in high demand.
      Accepting applications from all specs/classes.

Raiding Times:
      Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday 9:30pm-12:30am(pst) 11:30pm-2:30am(server-time)

Contact Info:
      Battle Tag-Vengente#11907 (Guild Leader)
      Battle Tag-Berd#11168 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Khrispy#1471 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Papawoot#1446 (Veteran Raider)
      Discord Contact-Papawoot#6518
      Discord: https://discord.gg/Qghrpnh
    • By Aleslugger
      First off, I absolutely adore this class and especially the brewmaster theme, but I'm just not making good use of it. I'm also not very good or knowledgable at it, so please excuse my stupidity in this ramble :P
      With other tanks, I always feel like I'm in control. I have abilities that easily gather all enemies to me, but it's so different with the monk. If we're not counting the artifact weapon's special ability (since you spend at least 98 levels without it), I basically have a single proper AoE attack, being the Keg Smash. Compared to other tanks' abilites like Thunder Clap, Blood Boil, etc., I feel like Keg Smash is absolutely terrible. It has a much smaller radius, so I always have to run around and try to herd groups into tight bunches before I can effect all of them. If I'm completely surrounded by enemies within melee range, I feel like I'm lucky if I hit even a third of them with the splash, and so often I have to run around and tag drifters with melee attacks. I'm really jealous of the other classes' spells that are centered on the caster or placeable.
      Am I doing something wrong, or is this a common problem? I know I have the Provoke ability as well, but being a single target spell with an 8 second cooldown, it doesn't really help my problem much. I really want to make my monk work, but I feel completely at a loss in dungeons and raids sometimes, and I always fall back to my prot paladin just because I feel like I'm doing an awful job with my monk.
      Pleeease show me how I'm being an idiot and how the brewmaster is actually a competent tank!
    • By Ayriea
      Last Pull is a progression focused mythic raiding guild located on the US Cenarius realm. Founded in February 2007, Last Pull has been raiding high end content, not missing a single tier, since the early days of Burning Crusade
      Like any progress guild, we put an emphasis on performance and creating a roster that will succeed in even the toughest content, but we put just as much value on fostering a strong, respectful, and stable community where our raiders can feel at home. We feel this combination of ideals is the secret that has kept our guild both stable and successful.

Recruitment Needs
      We are currently looking to fill 1-2 DPS and an exceptional healer to our roster. Please see below for the classes we're looking for.
      - Warlock
      - Mage
      - Shadow Priest
      - Hunter
      - Boomkin / Resto Druid
      - Elemental / Enhancement Shaman
      - Windwalker / Mistweaver Monk
      - Rogue
      - Death Knight
      - Demon Hunter
      If we are not looking for your class, feel free to apply as we will happily make exceptions for great players. Our primary goal is to find players who will fit in well with our community and have an eye on constant improvement. 

Raiding Schedule
      Tues/Wed/Thurs
      7-10 PM server time (PST)
      Raid invites go out 15 mins before raid time. 

There is an optional alt raid on Saturdays where we clear normal Antorus and some heroic bosses if people are interested. 

Progression
      We raid Tues/Weds/Thurs from 7 to 10 pm pacific time.
      - 6/11 Mythic Antorus (Currently working on Mythic Kingaroth)
      - 7/9 Mythic TOS
      - 6/10 Mythic NH

Contact Us
      Interested in checking us out?
      Visit our discord at https://discord.gg/W6UYdvu
      Check out our website at http://www.lastpull.com
      Officers Battle.net - Slimey42#0202 / Illestra#1465 / Avandar#1669
      Officers Discord - Illestra#3916 / Avandar#6729