Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tazinas

Enhancement | low dps for my gs?

6 posts in this topic

So I've just changed my spec from elemental to enhancement which means I still have some crit chance in the sockets.

My problem is that I think I'm not doing as much dps as I should with my current gear :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dun-morogh/Tazînas/advanced

Logs from the last raid :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFA1DCt68Q7PBZH4/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Would be nice if someone could tell me what I can do better / where to improve :)

I wouldn't kick an 86% percentile performance out of bed. There is a high random element in performance because of Stormbringer procs, and no amount of Mastery stacking can really get around that. Your command of the rotation seems to be in order. The main faults I am seeing, which are keeping you from hitting that last few % are in your gear:

- Crit gems instead of Agility and Mastery

- No back or ring enchants

- Relatively low ilvl on Doomhammer

- No Enhancement legendaries (obviously nothing you can do about that except play more)

I'm not talking about Nythendra, my performance there was quite good I guess. I'm talking about Ursoc where I only got  52%

or Cenarius with 59..

You mean that Ursoc kill where you went 30 seconds without a Stormbringer proc, while you had your potion up? :) Also, it looks like you didn't line up your cooldowns with Heroism. Waiting a little longer, you wouldn't have missed out on any extra uses of your major cooldowns, so you would've done higher overall damage. Enhancement is a spec that has better sustain than most, but it still focuses a lot of damage into short windows and hitting those on the nose is crucial.

Edited by Tarazet

And how do I get more of these procs? Increase mastery I guess.

I enchanted my rings and changed the gems, I'm at 70% mastery and 18% haste now

Even if you do increase Mastery, it doesn't increase the proc chance of Stormbringer or Windfury that much. It increases by a very tiny amount. It's the flat damage buff to your elemental damage, and the very aggressive scaling, that makes it such a strong stat for Enhancement. There's just RNG involved with your procs. You can make sure that you use all of your buttons available to you whenever possible, according to the priority list.. but that's about all you can do. You summon the elements, but you don't command them. Sometimes they're just going to give you the middle finger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ocebard
      Hey all! I need some help with my dps, Im 884 ilvl and only do 350-400k dps overall on fights in Nighthold, even on dummy. 
      I just changed to BoS build so I have to practice, but it feels imossible to get more out of him. Im a bit off at stats and havent got legendary belt, ring or set bonus. Atm I have 25% Crit but only 15% haste :-/ Simcraft says 325 dps... about 360 with Glacial advance build.
      Here is a log from Krosus
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2maWdcvFDwtyQAz6#fight=23&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=6
      Here is my Armory 
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Ocebard/simple
    • By Thaosin
      Who are we?
      [Onyxias Rejects] is a newer Horde guild on Mok’Nathal/Silvermoon whose core banded together to create a guild with a welcoming and enjoyable environment for raiding. Our motto is to have fun.
      Our goal is to be a known, organized, and skilled group of individuals who excel in working as a team to overcome the hardest this game has to offer while it is still current and have a good time doing it.
      Raiding Schedule and Participation:
      We are a raiding guild, but with an easier schedule for players balancing real life with play time.
      Tuesday: 5PM-7PM PST
      Wednesday: 5PM-7PM PST
      Requirements:
      We are more interested in your ability as a player than your gear; we are willing to help you gear up if you can demonstrate your willingness and ability to be a contributing raider.
      Prior raid experience isn’t required. Recent raid experience is highly desirable, but not required.
      What do we do outside of raid?
      The guild will begin to regularly partake in high Mythic+ keys, Nightbane, and other group activities.
      Occasional BG and Arena groups regularly pop up as well.
      Some of our members are known to kick it in Overwatch, Heroes, and several other games while the rest of us just hang out in Discord.
      Voice Chat:
      We use Discord for all guild related content. We prefer you to have a working mic but it is not a requirement, as long as you can listen and respond promptly. We encourage people to be active in strategy discussions before and after raid.
      Loot System:
      We use Loot Council with the assistance of add-ons to help distribute the loot. Details on how we use this system are posted on our website.
      Progression:
      9/10N Nighthold
      3/3H Trial of Valor
      7/7H Emerald Nightmare
      Current Recruitment Needs:
      Healers:
      Paladin, Monk, Druid
      Melee DPS:
      All
         Ranged DPS:
      Druid, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Shaman
      Tanks:
      Paladin, Death Knight, Monk
      Druid - Low
      Package deals are welcome, but please let us know about the situation ahead of time.
      Please don’t hesitate to contact us either through BattleNet or in-game
      Thaosin-Mok’Nathal (Thanos#1394) - GM

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 7/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
    • By monkeygin
      Hey,
      I used to be proud of my parses, doing 85-90%+ parses at ilvl 878 or so. Since then I've geared up and feel like my stats are in the right place (though mastery could be a bit higher). Now I'm parsing at 52-65% even though I don't think I'm doing anything majorly different with my rotation, and I even have the 2pc t19...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, please take a look if you have some time.

Warcraft logs (star augus). I'm "Monkeygin":
      878 (12 days ago):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Fmyb9vAdZ3jwgc1K#fight=8&type=damage-done&view=analytical
      888 (5 days ago):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DxF7bgy8V9Q1cjWp#fight=23&type=damage-done
      889 (yesterday):
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tMm3LgWVDG1cCy8b#view=analytical&type=damage-done

(I held my meta burst for bloodlust to try it out... didn't work out so well it seems.)

Armory:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Monkeygin/advanced

Thanks

• By Mike14107
      1. Times available & time zone:
      <The Mafia> Raids Tuesday/Thursday from 6pm-9pm PST.  We also run alt/non-raider raids on Wednesdays that are optional for everyone from 6pm-9pm PST.
      2. Server preference:
      <The Mafia> is a day one HORDE FROSTWOLF guild. Frostwolf is a medium pop PvP joint server with Vashj.
      3. Hardcore/semi-hardcore/casual:
      <The Mafia> is a semi-hardcore PvE progression guild. We just started Mythic raiding at the tail end of 7.1.  We raid ~6 hours a week UNLESS in a rare circumstance we are close to killing a boss and everyone wants to schedule an additional raid day or stay 30min to an hour after scheduled raid times.
      5. Current progression/experience:
      <The Mafia> is 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 10/10H NH and 1/10 M NH.
      6. Recent logs (if available):
      If you want to look at our current logs to see what kind of players we currently have you can find us @ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22446
      7. Contact info:
      Feel free to add me @ Mike#14107
      8. Anything else:
      <The Mafia> is a super friendly day one Frostwolf guild.  Our primary objective is to have fun in an environment that is as stress free as possible.  Our goal isn’t to be a top 200 US guild, but instead to clear the content before the next set of content is released.  Not saying we wouldn’t be able to get there, we just don’t have the top 100 guild pressure environment others do.  We have some really skilled players and are looking for a few more to round out our Mythic raiding team.  Please contact me with logs if interested.  Thanks!