Tazinas

Enhancement | low dps for my gs?

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

So I've just changed my spec from elemental to enhancement which means I still have some crit chance in the sockets.

My problem is that I think I'm not doing as much dps as I should with my current gear :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dun-morogh/Tazînas/advanced

Logs from the last raid :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFA1DCt68Q7PBZH4/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Would be nice if someone could tell me what I can do better / where to improve :)

I wouldn't kick an 86% percentile performance out of bed. There is a high random element in performance because of Stormbringer procs, and no amount of Mastery stacking can really get around that. Your command of the rotation seems to be in order. The main faults I am seeing, which are keeping you from hitting that last few % are in your gear:

- Crit gems instead of Agility and Mastery

- No back or ring enchants

- Relatively low ilvl on Doomhammer

- No Enhancement legendaries (obviously nothing you can do about that except play more)

I'm not talking about Nythendra, my performance there was quite good I guess. I'm talking about Ursoc where I only got  52%

or Cenarius with 59..

You mean that Ursoc kill where you went 30 seconds without a Stormbringer proc, while you had your potion up? :) Also, it looks like you didn't line up your cooldowns with Heroism. Waiting a little longer, you wouldn't have missed out on any extra uses of your major cooldowns, so you would've done higher overall damage. Enhancement is a spec that has better sustain than most, but it still focuses a lot of damage into short windows and hitting those on the nose is crucial.

Edited by Tarazet

And how do I get more of these procs? Increase mastery I guess.

I enchanted my rings and changed the gems, I'm at 70% mastery and 18% haste now

Even if you do increase Mastery, it doesn't increase the proc chance of Stormbringer or Windfury that much. It increases by a very tiny amount. It's the flat damage buff to your elemental damage, and the very aggressive scaling, that makes it such a strong stat for Enhancement. There's just RNG involved with your procs. You can make sure that you use all of your buttons available to you whenever possible, according to the priority list.. but that's about all you can do. You summon the elements, but you don't command them. Sometimes they're just going to give you the middle finger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ase9900
      what will i lose if i Character Transfer to another realm ?
      is there som kinds of limets to amount of gold
      gear in bags and bank
    • By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Naska
      <Continuum> - [Chamber of Aspects][H] are recruiting!
      Current Progress: 4/11 Mythic Antourus
      We are a close knit and friendly community with an aim to push content. To our members we offer a mature environment, where people from all backgrounds can come together and play.
        We are looking for dedicated and reliable players that want to play the best of their ability and succeed while enjoying the game. We have an active Discord community and chatty members that play various games together! As well as raiders, we also accept social players that just want to play in an active environment with a good atmosphere.
      Looking towards Battle for Azeroth, we will be raiding as soon as possible and aiming for curves and mythic content. We do frequent Mythic+ dungeons as a guild as well as classic raids, older tiers and achievement runs.
      Our Leadership team is made up of many long time players that have extensive experience in all aspects of the game, especially in raiding.
      What we expect from our raiders:
      -Preparation: Know your class / spec well and come to raid prepared with knowledge of tactics and boss abilities - Raid  awareness is important.
      -Attendance: We ask our raiders to be reliable and the ability to have high raid attendance is essential. 
      -Attitude: Be patient, progression raiding can be both time consuming and frustrating. Don't blame people as it won't  really help anyone and be able to admit mistakes.
      Raiders can expect a focused raiding atmosphere, especially during progression content. We show NO favoritism, everyone must perform.
      When applying to the guild your logs will be taken into consideration and a trial period will apply. 
      We use Discord and the ability to listen in raids is mandatory - a working mic is beneficial but not essential. We are an English speaking guild, so a basic knowledge of English is required.
      We are always on the look out for new raiders - all roles and specs are considered!
      (It is an advantage for Healers to have a DPS offspec)

Raid Schedule:
      Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday - Start 20.00 - Finish 23.00 Server time
      (Grouping at 19.45)
      Optional; Saturday - Start 20.00 - Finish 23.00 Server time
      (Grouping at 19.45)
      Always on the look out for new raiders - all roles and specs considered!
      (It is an advantage for healers to have a DPS offspec)
      For further information contact Naska#21173 on battlenet and I will respond as soon as possible. Alternatively leave a comment below!
      Note: Continuum has a zero tolerance policy on racism, sexism and homophobia.

• By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keep up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: currently recruiting Ranged DPS, Healing classes.

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Silvadine#1277
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192