FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.2: How to Unlock Flying in Legion

10 hours ago, multiboxing said:

so ive been working on part 1 this weekend and I see that its going to require going in dungeon and raid! 

Has there been confirmation of this, or is it still speculation that we need this?

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Has there been confirmation of this, or is it still speculation that we need this?

Well The Stuff of Dreams is part of achievements_zone_suramar.gif Good Suramaritan - A Growing Crisis is one of the storylines and the last quest of this chain will send you to the The Emerald Nightmare. I have done all parts of A Growing Crisis except the one for the emerald nightmare and it still shows the storyline not complete so I would assume that's confirmation. I still have 4 more storylines to do for Good suramaritan so I don't know if anymore will require raid or dungeon. I also still have the last 4 parts of Vrykul Story, BroVrykul Story, Bro  to do and don't know if any of those will require raid or dungeon. As far as Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two well its said above the following...

"Breaching the Tomb

• We won't be able to access the Tomb of Sargeras immediately. The raid is gated behind attunement and the first step starts in the Cathedral of Eternal Night, which is a new four-boss dungeon added in 7.2."

so if true there's a dungeon and another raid

31 minutes ago, multiboxing said:

I just don't get the problem. 

The Flight Whistle gets you a flight master every five minutes.  That's 1 WQ, MAYBE 2 if you find an easy one to burn. 

Nobody else gets flight either UNTIL they do all this stuff.  Until they are willing to do even a modicum of extra work (if you can call LFR work?  More work dealing with people than doing the actual mechanics.) 

16 hours ago, multiboxing said:

You can definitely do that Good Samaritan part in LFR, so at least they are making it fairly easy for people. I would assume the same will happen if another raid is introduced. They are also adding the Mythic only dungeons to the LFD tool, so you'll be able to do those by LFD too. It sounds like they are definitely trying to make it easy for solo players too.

On 11/28/2016 at 11:13 PM, Adoxe said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? The achievement(s) literally require you to do stuff that you would do regardless of the reward, you're getting the achievements just by playing the game. You're not doing anything that you wouldn't do otherwise unless the only thing you do in the game is fly around and log off. There is no way not to get it, even if you don't want to, unless you aren't playing the game at all. I just don't understand how you think this is grind or some insane requirement. 

LOL, ok, let me try to put this into perspective for you.  

Being able to fly in legion....it's a simple flag attached to your account.  An admin, someone higher than a GM, can simply set the flag, done, you can fly.  Blizzard has decided to automate setting this flag by gating it behind 2 achievements.  ok cool

Your right, simply playing the game, you'll eventually get flying.  Casually playing the game, without actively trying to unlock Flying can take several months.  I would dare say, upwards of a year.  People like myself, like the others who have complained, they don't want to wait a year, to be able to fly in Legion.  Flying is just too d@mn convenient to wait that long.  From a trade-skill farming perspective alone, it's just too convenient.

So, they're forced to actively work for it, which takes significant time.  Probably about a months time worth of playing.  When you do this, it literally becomes a very grueling grind!  And that's where the complaining comes from.  Knowing that it's a simple flag that an admin can set in under 5 seconds, yet having to spend a month of actively working for it, It's just plain not fun!

I just now reached 110, literally yesterday, and I'm already itching to be able to fly.  Being relegated to using the flight masters to get around, and my mount, which I know is 3 times slower than flying...and I'm telling you:  I   CAN'T    WAIT    TO     FLY!!

Well, According to your logic and it being simply a "Flag" that is turned on or off, I know that my bank only has to change a few numbers and my account would have millions. My Credit Card company could turn a little flag on, or off and my credit limit could be unlimited. So why should I have to work to make any of this Fiat Currency, and instead just be given everything I ever wanted. Yes, Flying is great, but having to earn it makes it much more satisfying. I do agree that the means should be simpler (not to be read as easier). Maybe they could offer it as a "Complete 5 of the following X achievements." And have it where 5 are from solo content, 5 are from raids/dungeons, and 5 are from PVP, but just expecting it to be a flag that is turned on for you because you don't want to play the whole of their work, is kind lackluster.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      We've highlighted the Death Knight changes that went live in this week's War Within Alpha!
      Among the changes, Frost received a new talent (Shattered Frost) that adds an AoE component to Frost Strike, which consumes 5 Razorice stacks to deal additional damage to nearby enemies.
      The armor provided by Runic Protection is up to 6% (was 3%). 
      Sudden Doom now reduces the cost of Death Coil or Epidemic by 10 Runic Power instead of having no cost, and it also causes the next death Coil and Epidemic to burst 1 Festering Wound.
      For more details, you can find the exact tooltip changes below:
      Death Knight
      Runic Protection- Your chance to be critically struck is reduced by 3% and your Armor is increased by 3%. 6%. Sudden Doom- Your auto attacks have a 25% chance to make your next Death Coil or Epidemic cost no 10 less Runic Power and critically strike. Additionally, your next Death Coil and Epidemic will burst 1 Festering Wound. Blood Draw- When you fall below 30% health you drain 0 health from nearby enemies, the damage you take is reduced by 10% and your Death Strike cost is reduced by 10 for 8 sec. Can only occur every 3 2 min. Subduing Grasp- When you pull an enemy the damage they deal to you is reduced by 4% 6% for 6 sec. Shattered Frost (New)- When Frost Strike consumes 5 Razorice stacks, it deals 50% of the damage dealt to nearby enemies. Deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets. Unyielding Will (New)- Anti-Magic Shell's cooldown is increased by 20 sec and it now also removes all harmful magic effects when activated.
    • By Stan
      The Infinite NPCs transform into random Pandas when you leave the bazaar at your faction shrine, and surprisingly, mounts do too!
      Did you know the MoP Remix vendors will transform into random pandas when players leave the bazaar at their faction shrine? This amusing phenomenon doesn't just apply to the NPCs—mounts are also getting in on the action!
      As highlighted in a screenshot shared by Reddit user DagonTheranis, Hemet Nesingwary morphed into a random panda after the player took cover behind a corner. Even more surprising, the Rose-Riding Crane mount underwent a similar transformation.
      Seeing MoP Remix vendors and mounts going incognito like this adds a fun and unexpected element to the game. What will you discover on your next visit to the shrine?

Source: Reddit
    • By Stan
      Emissaries are making a comeback in the War Within expansion.
      It appears Emissary quests are making a return in The War Within. At max level on the Alpha, you receive a special task where you must complete 3 world quests in one of the new zones to receive 1 Pinnacle Cache.
      Pinnacle Cache contains materials for upgrading gear, and possibly even a piece of Veteran gear, as the tooltip suggests.
      Placeholder for tweet 1792545998952124825
    • By Starym
      We have more improvements for Remix today! The rewards keep ramping up as the hyperspawn farm spots keep being removed, and plenty of activities and daily quests have received a new Cache reward with a lot more Bronze in it. There's also fixes for gens, bosses and achievements, with adjustments to Cata Classic as well.
      May 23 (Source)
      WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria
      Normal scenarios, Normal dungeons, Heroic scenarios, Heroic dungeons, and daily Infinite Bazaar quests now award a Cache containing 5x as much Bronze as before. Developers’ notes: We intend for players to earn more Bronze as you level up, so you can more easily start purchasing upgrades and rewards. At level 70, these caches now award 8750 Bronze (this was previously 1750 Bronze). Fixed an issue where the Celestial Court bosses on the Timeless Isle would occasionally despawn. Fixed a bug affecting the scaling of certain Tinker gems. Putrid Waste enemies in Throne of Thunder no longer deal extreme amounts of Putrify damage. Brewmaster Blanche now queues you for A Brewing Storm when asked. The Paragon of the Mists title is now account wide. Cataclysm Classic
      Fixed an issue where boosted characters were not properly learning their class and spec’s Armor Proficiency. Fixed a bug with achievement completion tracking for the meta-achievement Classic Dungeonmaster. Death Knight Brutal Gladiator gear on the Outland Armor Quartermasters in Stormwind and Orgrimmar has been discounted so that their prices match those of other classes. Mor’norokk the Hateful can no longer be erroneously killed by players on the quest “On Second Thought, Take One Prisoner”. Fixed an issue that was removing the Dormus’ Rage aura from players who were teleported to Feralas.
    • By Stan
      Check out the most popular specs for Mythic+ during the fourth week of Season 4.

.increase { color: #32CD32; } .decrease { color: #FF0000; } DISCLAIMER
      The following post is based on data taken from u.gg, which has combined thousands of parses from live servers.
      The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Season 4 Week 4
      This week's affixes are Volcanic, Tyrannical, and Sanguine.
      An upward arrow (▲) represents an increase in popularity, while a downward arrow (▼) represents a decrease, compared to the previous week.
      The Most Popular DPS Specializations
      Shadow Priest - 18.3% (▲0.4%) Retribution Paladin - 13.7% (▼0.2%) Augmentation Evoker - 12.3% (▲1.3%) Destruction Warlock - 6.1% (▼0.3%) Fire Mage - 5.8% (▲0.2%) Frost Mage - 4.5% (▼0.4%) Beast Mastery Hunter - 3.6% (▼0.1%) Outlaw Rogue - 2.6% (▼0.3%) Devastation Evoker - 2.6% (▼0.1%) Demonology Warlock - 2.4% (▼0.2%) Havoc Demon Hunter - 2.4% (no change) Balance Druid - 2.4% (▼0.1%) Arms Warrior - 2.2% (▼0.2%) Elemental Shaman - 2.1% (▲0.1%) Windwalker Monk - 2.1% (no change) Fury Warrior - 1.8% (no change) Unholy Death Knight - 1.6% (▼0.1%) Enhancement Shaman - 1.5% (▼0.1%) Arcane Mage - 1.5% (no change) Assassination Rogue - 1.5% (no change) Frost Death Knight - 1.5% (no change) Feral Druid - 1.5% (no change) Marksmanship Hunter - 1.5% (no change) Subtlety Rogue - 1.5% (no change) Survival Hunter - 1.4% (no change) Affliction Warlock - 1.4% (no change)
      The Most Popular Tanks
      Vengeance Demon Hunter - 64.1% (▼0.6%) Protection Paladin - 9.7% (▲0.2%) Guardian Druid - 7.7% (▲0.4%) Blood Death Knight - 7.6% (▼0.2%) Protection Warrior - 5.9% (▲0.4%) Brewmaster Monk - 5.0% (▼0.1%)
      The Most Popular Healers
      Restoration Druid - 37.0% (▲1.0%) Mistweaver Monk - 15.2% (▼1.0%) Holy Priest - 14.1% (▼0.1%) Restoration Shaman - 13.2% (▲0.6%) Discipline Priest - 7.1% (▲0.2%) Preservation Evoker - 7.0% (▼0.3%) Holy Paladin - 6.4% (▼0.4%)