FORUMS
Stan

Patch 7.2: How to Unlock Flying in Legion

PtmXzTF.jpg

Patch 7.2 will introduce flying to Legion. Similar to Draenor PathfinderDraenor Pathfinder, flying will be unlocked across all characters on your account and is gated behind two achievements.

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part OneBroken Isles Pathfinder, Part One is the initial requirement. While Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two hasn't been added yet and can't be completed until Patch 7.2, you can still work your way to complete the first part.

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One

The achievement is the first step toward unlocking flying in Legion. The achievement progress is account-wide so it doesn't matter which character you complete it on.

Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two

4OJ2pX6.jpg

The second part is tied to completing Patch 7.2 specific content. Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part OneBroken Isles Pathfinder, Part One is the first requirement to unlock Broken Isles Flying and is far more time-consuming than this part.

Breaching the Tomb

• We won't be able to access the Tomb of Sargeras immediately. The raid is gated behind attunement and the first step starts in the Cathedral of Eternal Night, which is a new four-boss dungeon added in 7.2.

Defender of the Broken Isles

• The Class Order Hall story will continue and we'll have to finish it.

Explore Broken Shore

• The step is simple; exploring the Broken Shore will award the achievement.

Legionfall Commander

• Armies of the Legionfall is a new faction that is added in Patch 7.2. We'll have to reach Exalted reputation.
  • Like 2

Sigh...I just want to fly.  I am all for gating it behind an achievement but The first half was a ton of work.  This seems like A bit much to unlock flying but Oh well.  You know I am going to anyway.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Darkjester79 said:

You know I am going to anyway.

Basically this. This has actually become my motto for most grinds in WoW. I hate it, I don't want to do it, but I know that I will be racing to get it done ASAP.

True that, but wow without rep grinding is not wow hahaha :) i feel kinda hollow playing a game without having to get to exalted with some faction, feels like im missing something haha... maybe deep down inside i do enjoy rep grinding :D

cheer..!

well i guess we can enjoy riding our ground mount for a while now 

What the hell are you guys talking about? The achievement(s) literally require you to do stuff that you would do regardless of the reward, you're getting the achievements just by playing the game. You're not doing anything that you wouldn't do otherwise unless the only thing you do in the game is fly around and log off. There is no way not to get it, even if you don't want to, unless you aren't playing the game at all. I just don't understand how you think this is grind or some insane requirement. 

Edited by Adoxe
  • Like 5

I love how they are making it so only PvErs do it PvPers dont like raiding but are made to raid this expac just for gear. And now we have to raid just to fly which they could gate behind other things besides raiding like collect 5 or 6 hidden artifact skins recolors do not count), collect all the treasure in Legion, stuff pvpers dont mind doing but a having to join a raid just to flying is stupid. I have not stepped into a raid except LFR because my friend want me to help for a long time. BUt now i am having to do raiding again. Just Stupid.

2 hours ago, Adoxe said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? The achievement(s) literally require you to do stuff that you would do regardless of the reward, you're getting the achievements just by playing the game. You're not doing anything that you wouldn't do otherwise unless the only thing you do in the game is fly around and log off. There is no way not to get it, even if you don't want to, unless you aren't playing the game at all. I just don't understand how you think this is grind or some insane requirement. 

Agreed. If you are playing the game regularly, this is not hard. If you are an occasional player, then this is a lot to do, but that's the way Blizzard wants it and this is how it should be. 

3 hours ago, Adoxe said:

What the hell are you guys talking about? The achievement(s) literally require you to do stuff that you would do regardless of the reward, you're getting the achievements just by playing the game. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no idea what the new rep will be? It could be a direct copy of the Shaohao grind for all we know.

45 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no idea what the new rep will be? It could be a direct copy of the Shaohao grind for all we know.

I seriously doubt that will happen. Imagine the shitfit from the community if that happened XD. But on the serious side, considering how much this ex pack is casual friendly, that won't be the case :D

honestly part 2 doesn't seem that bad to me. with it all being said it really is nothing that the daily player shouldn't already have done. the real question is we can fly in broken isles but will we be grounded come 7.2? Even then once I got flying in WoD i still generally took flight points to most places. I feel in both wod and legion there are sufficient flight paths to get you more or less where you need to go. So, not flying was never that big of a deal to me. If I'm not mistaken even with top flying licenses isn't the flight master still 10% faster or something to that effect? 

I realize flying is something that classically was hidden behind a gold wall and nothing else but the loss never felt detrimental in smaller content continents MOP, WOD, Legion. Now had it been in cata that would have sucked but I'm on the fence either way honestly. I like that its a bit of an effort, gives something to work towards

4 hours ago, RipShawn1023 said:

I love how they are making it so only PvErs do it PvPers dont like raiding but are made to raid this expac just for gear. And now we have to raid just to fly which they could gate behind other things besides raiding like collect 5 or 6 hidden artifact skins recolors do not count), collect all the treasure in Legion, stuff pvpers dont mind doing but a having to join a raid just to flying is stupid. I have not stepped into a raid except LFR because my friend want me to help for a long time. BUt now i am having to do raiding again. Just Stupid.

You can't fly in PvP instances. Why do you care?

6 hours ago, RipShawn1023 said:

No raiding is required for this achievement at all.

I'm a solo player; I've got allot of the requirements finished or near being finished, but I don't have time to raid in Wow, So it appears that I'm being told that it sucks to be me.  I do wonder what will be required to do, for the new rep faction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mistmoore said:

No raiding is required for this achievement at all.

I think the Breaking the Tomb achievement is a raiding one or at least is to get attuned with the raid.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RipShawn1023 said:

You only have to do it once. And even then, the name itself implies that you may even only have to do the first wing. "Breaching the Tomb?" It doesn't say "Clearing the Entire Tomb." It just implies entry. Jump in to an LFR Breaching the Tomb, contribute a little DPS, or don't. Get the achievement. Even if it does turn out to be the entire instance, you still only have to do it one time.

4 hours ago, demonardvark said:

honestly part 2 doesn't seem that bad to me. with it all being said it really is nothing that the daily player shouldn't already have done. the real question is we can fly in broken isles but will we be grounded come 7.2? Even then once I got flying in WoD i still generally took flight points to most places. I feel in both wod and legion there are sufficient flight paths to get you more or less where you need to go. So, not flying was never that big of a deal to me. If I'm not mistaken even with top flying licenses isn't the flight master still 10% faster or something to that effect? 

I realize flying is something that classically was hidden behind a gold wall and nothing else but the loss never felt detrimental in smaller content continents MOP, WOD, Legion. Now had it been in cata that would have sucked but I'm on the fence either way honestly. I like that its a bit of an effort, gives something to work towards

You can fly for free from point A to point B with a flying mount, but then again, FP fees are not even a scratch in the average Legion player's petty change, so I guess that doesn't matter. What does matter is, it's faster and more precise. What I mean is, with a flying mount, you don't ride your ground mount to the nearest flight master, take a twisty, windy, indirect flight path to a location somewhere in the general area of where you want to go, then mount up on your ground mount and figure out how to get up that cliff or over that oversized tree root. Wanna go from point A to world quest #1? Simply fly precisely to where you want to go. It's far quicker and more convenient. It will also bring down the prices of expensive mats, as gatherers will begin to flood the market with what they've gotten by riding quicker mounts directly over twisting terrain, gathering at a vastly accelerated rate. Flying mounts will make all the difference in the world in terms of efficiency and convenience.

My own personal views on gating flight: Blizz puts an enormous amount of effort, manpower, and money into designing these fantastic new expansion areas for us, and it's perfectly reasonable that they'd want us to fully appreciate how big and wonderful they are by riding over them on the ground rather than the air. In my opinion, riding for a moderate amount of time on the ground to do this is a fine way to really experience this. BUT... after a time, I have fully appreciated how big and wonderful the zones are more than enough times, and it stops being as awesome for me and starts being flat-out tedious.

At that point, I am ready to simply go where I want to go, and not burn up a bunch of time making the same tedious, roundabout trip for the billionth time. To this end, we're granted three things: the excellent and very handy Flight Master's Whistle, Goblin Gliders, and flight paths all along the western, southern, and eastern cliffs of Highmountain to use those gliders to get anywhere we need to go in nearly any zone (I usually have to glide off Krasus' Landing in Dalaran to be able to reach most of the rest of Azsuna).

After a while of that, though, even gliding to where I need to go, using the whistle, and either ground-riding or gliding off another cliff becomes tedious. At this point, I am now ready for flying. I have fully appreciated the awesome new continent, the rides have become less scenic and more boring and repetitive, and I am now ready to simply be where I wanted to be via a quick manual flight on my own flying mount. And let's face it, there is nothing but more appreciating of the world to do when you can fly to precise points in the sky, hover, and simply gaze down at the scenery.

All in all, good system. I am pro-flight, but I do think the gated flight is perfectly reasonable, and it is a pretty cool experience for a while, until such a time as flight is enabled in the zones of any given new expansion's continent.

Edited by Maeraxis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RipShawn1023 said:

If all you want to do is PvP, why do you need flying?

1 hour ago, Kirr said:

I think the Breaking the Tomb achievement is a raiding one or at least is to get attuned with the raid.

It's going to be do a questline that may include the new dungeon. They said at Blizzcon it won't include the raid.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:50 PM, PatrickHenry said:

YAAAAAAAAY!  I was really hoping it wasn't over.

It did feel just a bit short, didn't it!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2016 at 10:55 PM, PatrickHenry said:

Yet, epic... 

For some, definitely. On my Paladin, it was just amazing. I loved every second of it and, when I returned as the leader and hero, it was just perfect. I even SSed it because it looked brilliant.

On my Monk, it was honestly just a HUGE "meh".

so ive been working on part 1 this weekend and I see that its going to require going in dungeon and raid! really hate this xpac ! I have been playing since Lich King and never stepped foot in a dungeon or raid, except going back to a low level one with a high lvl toon lol, and hate that fact that blizz is forcing us at every turn to have to go in a raid or dungeon in this xpac! My boss from work is quiting cause of this, he plays less than me, and this might be the xpac that makes me quit playing as well!