Aexra

So today

27 posts in this topic

I thought I would farm some Pirate Warriors today!
Made a counter deck for it and only faced every bad matchup I could find with Dragon Priest, 
I'd run Ooze and Chillmaw, but that does nothing against reno decks except for when they play Medive and Jaraxxus. 

Lucky me :p 

PS: I've picked Dragon Priest for a 60 gold daily quest. But It didnt worked out for me.

Do you guys also have those moments when you switch deck and the meta looks like its all shifted?  

Edited by Aexra

On lesser samples - all the time. The moment I switch thinking "I'll catch my good matchups now" I get my worst ones.

And I can't counter Pirate Warrior with anything. Literally. I'm just dead turn 5 through any draw I have. Thanks for slowing the meta, Blizzard!

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Aexra said:

Do you guys also have those moments when you switch deck and the meta looks like its all shifted?  

All the damn time, hence why I pick my poison for the evening and stick to it through hell and high water.

8 hours ago, Paracel said:

Thanks for slowing the meta, Blizzard!

I never thought I would write this sentence out. But for someone with limited play time like me; more games lasting five minutes finished by turn 6 and less sleep-inducing thirty minutes long Control match-ups going into fatigue is a very good thing.

Edited by Keizoku
1 person likes this

I guess I'm just playing the right decks but I'm yet to lose against a pirate warrior. That's through a combination of face shaman/murloc pala/dragon priest/demon zoo. I'm guaranteed to lose my next game against them now though ...

For the past two months or so my opponents have been pretty much exclusively either a mirror match or a zoolock. If I'm playing a deck that I enjoy, I'm pretty much guaranteed to face a zoolock with a perfect curve who wins turn 4 or 5 which causes me to almost throw my phone out the window. If I play some other deck that I don't enjoy as much but need for a daily quest, I get a mirror match.

I've had it happen 3-4 times in a row which feels really weird. I'll play like trap hunter, dragon priest, healadin, and C'thun druid and somehow get a mirror match on every one.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:06 AM, Keizoku said:

I never thought I would write this sentence out. But for someone with limited play time like me; more games lasting five minutes finished by turn 6 and less sleep-inducing thirty minutes long Control match-ups going into fatigue is a very good thing.

It's great! I can do like 10 comment replies in the time it takes my opponent to decide whether to Armour Up! or Shield Block.

I have to say my dragon priest list is doing amazingly well. its almost a copy of this sites list only with some holy nova's thrown in.

other than that I'm playing taunt warrior, jade druid, jade/deathrattle rogue and secret mage.

I can advise most of those in general but only the priest and mage seem to hold up against pirate warriors,

its all about saving your removal for the right minions.

my meta (lower ranks on EU) seems to be mostly jade druids, some mages and ofc pirate warriors. Im also seeing evolve shamans and taunt warriors. and the occasional renolock.

On 12/9/2016 at 2:09 AM, Shine said:

its all about saving your removal for the right minions.

I'm playing removal Priest, it's great. I just sit there and remove everything they play until we fatigue. 

15 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I'm playing removal Priest, it's great. I just sit there and remove everything they play until we fatigue. 

Sometimes I wonder which is the worst between aggro and this.

40 minutes ago, Blainie said:

You my friend are evil. lol 

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

I did this too, only thing I had in deck were heavy heals and cold removal. no wincondition at all except 'Im a priest and I survive longer than you'

3 hours ago, Shine said:

I did this too, only thing I had in deck were heavy heals and cold removal. no wincondition at all except 'Im a priest and I survive longer than you'

Am I the only one here that isn't evil? lol

42 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Am I the only one here that isn't evil? lol

Looks like it. Welcome to IV ^^

1 minute ago, Shine said:

Looks like it. Welcome to IV ^^

I'm not leaving here with a clean conscience am I? 

3 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I'm not leaving here with a clean conscience am I? 

Leaving, who said you would be leaving? like.... ever?

1 person likes this

Just now, Shine said:

Leaving, who said you would be leaving? like.... ever?

"You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave." 

I cant believe I havent tried a removal priest strategy yet.  Time to build that deck!

1 hour ago, Allegro said:

I cant believe I havent tried a removal priest strategy yet.  Time to build that deck!

You will enjoy playing against jade druids

7 hours ago, Allegro said:

I've played this before prior to the new set.  Wasn't entirely viable.  Had it's moments and some games where I'm sure my opponent went mad.  But more often than not I didn't have the necessary card, or too many minions with 4 Attack were present.  There are a few new cards that may make this a bit more entertaining.  Still tough against aggro though, just too many minons to try to deal with.

I had a "So today" element the day before yesterday and today.

On Tuesday I was on rank 6, then I managed to drop down to rank 9 in around 2 hours. With an incredible score of 1:14.

And today I climbed from rank 8 to rank 5 with 13:2.

Same deck.

But on tuesday lot's of pirate warriors (I play midrange Shaman and loose more games vs pirate warrior then I win), today just one.

On 12/5/2016 at 3:04 PM, Paracel said:

On lesser samples - all the time. The moment I switch thinking "I'll catch my good matchups now" I get my worst ones.

And I can't counter Pirate Warrior with anything. Literally. I'm just dead turn 5 through any draw I have. Thanks for slowing the meta, Blizzard!

Been having pretty good luck with reno priest.  I only really ever lose if I can't answer a frothing berserker, or unlucky mulligans.

I generally play one deck every season (different deck every season but I don't generally switch halfway through), reno mage right now, and I just got queued up against the same player twice who plays one of the greediest reno lock lists I have ever seen (Blast Crystal, Rag, Combo, Jaraxxus, the whole nine miles).  Just sort of made me really salty.  Like what sort of moron plays a deck that greedy in an aggro meta?  I mean he got rewarded for it since he queued into me twice, but still, I just hate it when people make stupid decisions and they are rewarded for it.

Edited by VaraTreledees

On 17.01.2017 at 10:58 AM, VaraTreledees said:

I generally play one deck every season (different deck every season but I don't generally switch halfway through), reno mage right now, and I just got queued up against the same player twice who plays one of the greediest reno lock lists I have ever seen (Blast Crystal, Rag, Combo, Jaraxxus, the whole nine miles).  Just sort of made me really salty.  Like what sort of moron plays a deck that greedy in an aggro meta?  I mean he got rewarded for it since he queued into me twice, but still, I just hate it when people make stupid decisions and they are rewarded for it.

Calling a person a moron is not the nicest thing to do. He may practice the deck against unfavourable match ups, he may don't care about ladder position and play this deck because he finds it fun. 

2 people like this