FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Septuagint

Salty - Legendary Struggles of an HPriest

This post will be mostly a rant and then a question. 

Question first:

Is there any more I can do to boost my Bad Luck Protection and get my next leggo ? (Velens, HPriest Ring and Cloak remain)

My Pain:

After getting my 7th stupid non-BiS leggo, Maze's Unwavering Will, I felt that I might actually have a chance at getting the sacred Cloak of Infinite Parse (Hnnnnggg). 

So this past week I farmed...a lot (well a lot for me). It was Memorial Day weekend so I had ample time to do: 

Emisarrys, Mythic World Tour, Mythic + (11 and then a bunch of random keys), Nether Portal Farm, all the Wyrmtonuge caches I could grab while portal farming, RBG daily for the AP, Raids, (LFR, Norm, Heroic of all the raids, and mythic of En and one boss in NH). 

Feeling confident that I would get a leggo any day now  I grabbed my mythic cache yesterday hoping for one. Sadly, no leggo.

So I go back to the grind and start doing the Broken Shore WQ. See a rare boss is up. Kill it. Loot.... (Cue Metal Gear Solid guard alert sound) ORANGE TEXT! oh my go..Amani's Cord of Hope... -_- :'( . 

Cue guild trolling and me hating my life.

Bliz pls. Y u do this?

So now here I am, almost 12 hours later, feeling pretty down about it l that I "wasted" my time and still no payoff besides 1.9 billion AP. 

Please help me farm legendaries faster. Tips are appreciated. 

Signed,

Septuagint, the Broken 

Edited by Septuagint
Added TLDR and fixed some weird sentences

First of all, you have to take it from another point of view: with every non BIS-Legendary you're chance is increased to get one with the next drop...as long there aren't any new ones introduced :-).

As far as i heard, there is actually a way to "target" the a specific legendary, but you still need a bit luck. Farm and hold back your shards. Do all the content-stuff to increase the chance to loot a legendary...and hope it doesn't drop. At the reset-day (in Europe it is wednesday), don't loot anything (not even your weekly chest)! Head directly to the shard-merchant and buy the needed slot.

I don't have any proof, but i heard that on reset-day your bad-luck-protection gets increased. It is also my observation that the most of all legendaries are dropped on reset-day. So if you did a ton of content, your protection is increased rather high. As you know, the slot from the shard-merchant can contain a legendary...so you can target it and pray. The more shards you have, the more "rolls" you got.

Edited by Allseye

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zlloyd1
      I have noticed something disturbing at my Garrison in Draenor since reaching level 110 in Legion....
      That is that the follower missions available at your Garrison are now having item level requirements to do, and there does not appear to be any way to increase your follower's item levels besides doing quests that have a high item level requirement. It is like Blizzard is saying, in order to get this, you have to complete that, but in order to attempt that, you have to already have this?? Is this a catch 22, or is it just me??
      So, my question is whether there is any other way to increase the item level of your followers in the garrison besides the quests?? PLEASE clarify, and THANKS in advance!!
    • By Merciless
      Salty Murlocs @ Outland - EU PvP Server (Alliance)
      Salty Murlocs is a fun and dedicated group people who like to clear heroic/mythic bosses while also having fun. We are looking for reliable and skilled players to fill our ranks for the Nighthold mythic, upcoming contend and more.
      --- Progression ---
      Emerald Nightmare:
      - 7/7 Normal
      - 7/7 Heroic
      - 7/7 Mythic
      Trial of Valor:
      - 3/3 Normal
      - 3/3 Heroic
      - 1/3 Mythic
      The Nighthold:
      - 10/10 Normal
      - 10/10 Heroic
      - 3/10 Mythic
      --- Recruiting ---
      Melee DPS:
      Warrior
      Ranged DPS:
      Warlock
      Mage
      Hunter
      Priest
      Druid
      Healers:
      Shaman - Resto/preferred Elemental offspec
      Exceptional players are always welcome of course.
      --- Raid Schedule ---
      The 3 main raid days are: Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (20:00 – 23:00) and we also plan extra days to push progress on the Nighthold or just for fun and a possibility of good procs. Mythic + dungeons are frequently done when we are not raiding.
      We like open discussions on decisions so everyone can voice his/her critiques, opinions, ideas or whatever people want or have to say.
      The guild is international, so English is the language used on Discord and in the Guild chat.
      Tough we like to have fun raid nights, we take raiding seriously, so that means that we expect people to be prepared and do their best when we raid. Therefore, Flasks, Potions and Food are required and you should be on time.
      If you are interested or like to know more about us, you can contact Malpurcio, Jelax, Preduces, Gѐnjí or Mercïless (Forrestlady#2692) in game, or leave your application in our recruitment discord channel (https://discord.gg/mVC2qBD).
    • By Aexra
      I thought I would farm some Pirate Warriors today!
      Made a counter deck for it and only faced every bad matchup I could find with Dragon Priest, 
      I'd run Ooze and Chillmaw, but that does nothing against reno decks except for when they play Medive and Jaraxxus. 
      Lucky me :p 

PS: I've picked Dragon Priest for a 60 gold daily quest. But It didnt worked out for me.
      Do you guys also have those moments when you switch deck and the meta looks like its all shifted?  
    • By Agraviel
      I hope that my English wont cause problems with understanding since it's first forum where I don't speak my native language. It's also my first post on this forum so Hello Everyone! =)

What trinket should I use?

Few days ago I got a new trinket from SoO Normal and becouse of that now I have a big problem. I've used so far Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia and Prismatic Prison of Pride which are just great... just like my new trinket which is Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth.

What combination of those items you regard as the best? Which one should I get rid of? Or maybe i should keep all of those and change it depending on the boss?

I heard about switching to Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia + Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth on stacking fights to maximize AoE Healing, and switching to Prismatic Prison of Pride + Purified Bindings of Immerseus on all other fights to maximize overall healing. What do you think about this?

Choosing a legendary cape!

Playing as Brewmaster I find out that Qian-Le, Courage of Niuzao is quite useless and Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen is much more practical for me while tanking. For this reason, I began to wonder what if there is a better alternative for Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji on my mistweaver?

Comparing the statistics of my present cape and Xing-Ho, Breath of Yu'lon, the DPS Caster cape won since it gives me +918 Critical Strike instead of useless +918 Spirit. Unfortunately Essence of Yu'lon doesn't count to my Eminence. So the question arises, what will bring me greater benefits? +918 Critical Strike with bonus damage done OR Spirit of Chi-Ji which is my 1-4% of healing done in raids?

Is Essence of Yu'lon even triggered by spells like Chi Wave or Rushing Jade Wind?

Unproving Grounds and Hardcore Challange Mode

There is one of the most annoying thing in being Mistweaver. Playing as Brewmaster Challange Mode and Proving Grounds is the real challenge. But while playing as Mistweaver it is just an ancient tragedy of healers. My Mastery: Gift of the Serpent is just a crap, Soothing Mist drains my mana as hell and Surging Mist is almost instant mana depletion. I have (I never thought I'd say this, God why?) not enough Spirit and low Critical Strike, what makes what makes me completely useless.

What is your method for effective healing as Mistweaver in Challange Mode's? Is it even possible to achive Proving Yourself: Endless Healer (Wave 30) on normal Mistweaver build? Maybe I should make a special gear-set dedicated for PG and CM? I'm open to your suggestions on this.
    • By Dopeantilope
      Can anyone suggest a tabard and a cape that would fit nicely with the Eternal Blossom LFR set?

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Dopeantilope/advanced