Kirwow

Fire mage, LF help to improve!

5 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I've recently started playing a mage, and I feel like my performance is a little below where it should be right now... I feel like I have the basics of the fire rotation down, but I really want to make any improvements that I can.. I don't really know where i'm going wrong, or what i'm doing that is causing a gap in numbers between me and similarly geared players. I have a log from a normal Xavius fight from earlier, maybe someone could take a look at it and point out any mistakes or give a few pointers?

Thanks for your time!

WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xDnCkjbgT7qfMXt1

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Networks/advanced

Edited by Kirwow

Actually after a quick look into the replay and posting your log to checkmywow you seem doing really fine.

You we're dreaming in the second phase which leads to a late burst at the end of the fight. But you've got all of your Heating Up procs and understood the burst rotation :)

Just keep doing like you do!

I am playing a fire mage, and i have no previous experience with this class. Can someone please explain the rotation for me in detail?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> PvP/PvE[9/9] looking to recruit new members. For guild information such as raid times and guild activities or to simply apply please visit at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com

Who Are We?
      Established in Tichondrius during WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active guild environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes from the WoW Shop, BOE items(xmog gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups. 

RAID SCHEDULE Alternating raid weeks Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 1800-2000 EST. We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (1745 EST) to start pulls at 1800 EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor

RATED BATTLEGROUNDS The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.

If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself(Dreddmourne) by in-game message or mail Contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - French - 4/9M - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman is RECRUITING!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Starlight Bros ToS: 4/9M NH:10/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 3day+1optional Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7hpm to 10h30pm (EAST)
      - [Raid] Stasis ToS:3/9M NH:9/10M ToV:3/3H EN:7/7M 2day+1optional, Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday 7hpm  to 10hpm (EAST)
      - [Raid] Unhuman ToS:8/9H NH:6/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 2day,Tuesday and Wednesday 7hpm to 10h30hpm  (EAST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck ToS:3/9M NH:10/10H ToV:3/3H EN:7/7H 1day Wednesday 7hpm to 10h30hpm (EAST)

PvP:
      - [PvP] Unhuman RBG: 1600 rating, 1day Wednesday starting at 8hpm (EAST)
      - [PvP] Soon a second group with 22 players

Community:
      - More than 430 account
      Unhuman is a performing raiding guild with multiple raid groups, it's one of the biggest, for not saying the biggest one, french community on World of Warcraft US. Unhuman has been created in December 2006 and will continue to live for a long time, Unhuman is trying to give to our raiders everything they need to be focus only on good progression!. Unhuman is always looking for new players of all kind, PvE or PvP, even with Battle pets or Archeologists or anything else you can do in the game....You will be sure to find your way with Unhuman!
      For any question...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Kaiser-Arthas, Officier
    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - Francais - 4/9M - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman est à la recherche de nouveaux visages qui seraient intéressés à joindre ses rangs!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Starlight Bros ToS:4/9M NH:10/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 3soirs+1optional Lundi, Mardi, Mercredi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10h30pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Stasis ToS:3/9M NH:9/10M ToV:3/3H EN:7/7M 2soirs+1optional Mardi, Mercredi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10hpm (EST)
      - [Raid] Unhuman ToS:8/9H NH:6/10M ToV:3/3M EN:7/7M 2soir Mardi et Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck ToS:3/9H, NH:10/10H ToV:3/3N EN:7/7H 1soir Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)

PvP:
      - [PvP] Unhuman RBG: 1600 rating, 1soir Jeudi des 8hpm (EST)
      - [PvP] Bientot un 2ieme groupes, nous sommes presentement 22 joueurs

Communauté:
      - Plus de  430 accounts
      Unhuman est plus qu'une guilde de raiding performante, c'est aussi la plus grosse communauté Francophone sur World of Warcraft US. Depuis sa création en 2006, Unhuman cherche à offrir à ses raiders un environnement de jeu qui favorise la progression et ce avec des joueurs d'excellent calibre. Nous sommes constamment à la recherche de nouveaux joueurs que ce soit PVE ou PVP, mais aussi des masters du Pet Battles, des champions de l'Archéologie ou peu importe ce qui vous branche ingame. Vous êtes donc assuré de trouver ce que vous cherchez chez nous peu importe votre style de jeu.
      Pour toutes questions...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Kaiser-Arthas, Officier
    • By OGAN
      This is my best leather farm spot for the current patch. You can farm minimum a 2000 leathers per hour and many "Blood of Sargeras" + the loot from "Stomachs" and shoulder enchant. This can get you more than 40k gold per hour, even i didnt mention the boe epic loot which can drop. You can boost your farm using HopServer addon.
      Spot 1: in Stormheim
      Spot2: in Azsuna