reinigenferkel

Unholy DK DPS help needed

11 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm just a casual player, recently started playing unholy DK. I can barely do 220K dps and I have no idea why. Got unlucky and a Frost legendary dropped from a random mob when I was fooling around playing Frost talent..so yeah. I have a Frost legendary as Unholy. :P

AK 12, Weapons is lvl 21 (in log it was 18 then) not all talents are unlocked (not that it matters I reckon, that "double doom" feels pretty useless too).

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Frozenveins/simple

Here's a log from our guild:

TOV Guarm - Normal :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xhfZMcNdWPYLtj91#pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24141151946.0.0.DeathKnight%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240^0%24Separate%24%23909049%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24141151946.0.0.DeathKnight%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240&type=damage-done&source=9&fight=3

TEN Xavious - Heroic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7g8rcJHfDK2LBZCY#type=damage-done&source=15

I'm not using any kind of extra addon, like weakauras and such. It's a hassle and I don't like addons, I'm only using GW2UI and Kuinameplates. I'm not running flask or food either (+1% crit is not worth my gold, no to mention the flask is 1K gold for one...)

I welcome any help regarding rotations talents or whatnot that might help. I love the class even though it might not be the best so I hope I can get better with it. (and please don't tell me I should go frost...)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by reinigenferkel

17 minutes ago, reinigenferkel said:

Isn't this quite obvious? :P You don't need to be a genius to figure out this I reckon.  Anyway, thanks!

considering the laundry list of things you refuse to do to improve your dps its very much not obvious.

You could have simply said "yes, and im having trouble with xyz in the rotation..." or "yes and i follow it to a T", to continue the conversation.

But with this attitude you can go ahead and sit on your frost gear and spin.

peace

Edited by Sniz
  • Like 1

So, you come here looking for help, great.

You get help and then act like you have a chip on your shoulder when someone takes the time to try and help you. Thats mature of you, not!.

Cop on to yourself and you might get some help. 

Alright so after looking at your logs ignoring the obvious that's not worth your time or what ever i.e pot etc. You're missing soul reapers missed 2, you could have gotten at least 7. Also missed a dark transformation which if you're using shadow infusion is especiallybig deal means your not getting it back on cd so you can get it off cd again. Dot up time isn't 100% on guarm it's extremely easy to get 99.99 or 100%. You're casting festering strike way way to often, especially considering you don't have legendary bracers. You wasted a lot of wounds, and in essence runes. If i had to guess you've had missed approx 40 runes which is 8 runes, and wasting other runes. Which in turn is a lot of cd. Couple times when sudden doom procced it went wasted or wasn't used until like 8 or 9 seconds after which means ones could have proced on top of it. You were runic capped for a while too something that's really avoidable when you don't have legendary bracers, if you have the legendary bracers it's not avoidable you'll be runic capped but without bracers you can easily have 0 time when runic capped.

I know weak auras aren't worth your time or something, but the question is how isn't it worth your time? It's addon with a 3 second download then 3 second import of a weak aura someone else made then 10 seconds to move the weak aura to where you want it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Alright so after looking at your logs ignoring the obvious that's not worth your time or what ever i.e pot etc. You're missing soul reapers missed 2, you could have gotten at least 7. Also missed a dark transformation which if you're using shadow infusion is especiallybig deal means your not getting it back on cd so you can get it off cd again. Dot up time isn't 100% on guarm it's extremely easy to get 99.99 or 100%. You're casting festering strike way way to often, especially considering you don't have legendary bracers. You wasted a lot of wounds, and in essence runes. If i had to guess you've had missed approx 40 runes which is 8 runes, and wasting other runes. Which in turn is a lot of cd. Couple times when sudden doom procced it went wasted or wasn't used until like 8 or 9 seconds after which means ones could have proced on top of it. You were runic capped for a while too something that's really avoidable when you don't have legendary bracers, if you have the legendary bracers it's not avoidable you'll be runic capped but without bracers you can easily have 0 time when runic capped.

I know weak auras aren't worth your time or something, but the question is how isn't it worth your time? It's addon with a 3 second download then 3 second import of a weak aura someone else made then 10 seconds to move the weak aura to where you want it.

Oh wow, now that's an answer. I don't know what the others found revolting about my other posts. I don't think it was immature or anything like that. oo

Anyway, thank you very much for the detailed answer. This is actually something that I should think about.

And what I don't like about weakauras? hm...I don't like the visual clusterfuck that WoW normally is. Too much useless information, or repeated information (like HP bars or cooldown and numbers)..it kinda turns the whole game into an ui-whack-a-mole.

I'll try this weakaura nonetheless, once again, thank you for the detailed answer!

I think the others just found that your response to their questions with "Obviously" and then you said "That's already a laundry list" or what ever. But he was just trying to gauge where you were in terms of play generally people who generally don't use flask food etc generally aren't to advanced in play. I would explain why but is generally pretty obvious.

• Like 1

I didn't really use the word "obviously" as a detrimental word I reckon. The laundry list comment taunt was done by the other guy, I just questioned back that two things is already considered a laundry list for him. :D

Anyway, off the topic. So, I've checked this weakaura thingie. I dunno man, kuinameplates already show each festering wound and the other virus stuff. Also the artifact talent too. That buff thing too from the runeforging. (gwui2)

I'll try some other weakauras, maybe something will stick.

You don't have to use it, it's just something i use and many others and helps most players once they get used to it.