FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kuraigu

Dps Drop after living bomb explosion

I'm afraid it's not. Did your guild upload the fight on www.worldoflogs.com? Without this, it is going to be very hard for us to identify where the problem lies :/

37k on madness nHC .. should i use combustion when ignite has a high damage rating but i dont have all dots?

i've seen 70k in combustionhelper but haven't had pyro or living bomb dot on the boss.

...haven't had pyro or living bomb dot on the boss.

Then you're doing it wrong.

Always, ALWAYS have Living Bomb up. At the very least, with CombustionHelper, Living Bomb and a big fat Ignite is good for Combustion. Ideally you'll have all 3 but that just doesn't happen sometimes.

Also, sometimes you have to hard cast Pyroblast to get that fat ignite to use Combustion.

yes, thought so. living bomb is always up. sometimes i miss it by a second or so because i'm

using my secondary pc atm, having fps drops .. but living bomb is always up.

and yea, i do cast pyroblast sometimes when it doesn't proc.

all 3 means living bomb, pyro dot and ignite, right?

so if pyro dot isnt on the boss but living bomb and ignite with a 50k crit, then i should blast combustion, yes?

71-75k dps LFR on madness. is that ok?

Edited by kuraigu

Yes, all 3 means LB, pyro, and Ignite.

If LB and a fat 50k ignite is up, I'd blow Combustion with that also.

Also 71-75k dps on LFR madness is pretty solid. I think you have the hang of fire :)

hi,

me again :)

i was wondering if elvui is able showing me how much ignite i am having.

i've had to remove combustionhelper from the middle to the left side and

can't keep track of how much ignite is having. :(

hi,

me again Posted Image

i was wondering if elvui is able showing me how much ignite i am having.

i've had to remove combustionhelper from the middle to the left side and

can't keep track of how much ignite is having. Posted Image

Just like yourself, I use ElvUI without CombustionHelper. Instead, I use Parrot for my battle text and I filter out Pyroblast and Fireball hits that are less than 50k. This way, I only see big Pyroblast and Fireball crits. In the general case, it is not really useful to know what your Ignite is. In most cases, your Ignite will be directly proportional to the crit you just landed. In some cases, you can refresh your Ignite with a higher value, but it happens rarely and, unless you have T13 heroic gear with a lot of crit, it is not worth waiting for it to happen to cast Combustion.

i almost have the t13 heoric gear. i'm only missing the head, which is 397. rest of the 4 pieces is 410.

how do i configure parrot to only see pyro and fireball hits?

and. on LFR, last boss i had 97k dps. i had a critical fireball hit of 241k.

yesterday i had an ignite of 100k but missed to hit combustion.

how do i keep ignite up? .. casting fireball and scorch or scorch and a procc'd pyro ?

i almost have the t13 heoric gear. i'm only missing the head, which is 397. rest of the 4 pieces is 410.

how do i configure parrot to only see pyro and fireball hits?

and. on LFR, last boss i had 97k dps. i had a critical fireball hit of 241k.

yesterday i had an ignite of 100k but missed to hit combustion.

how do i keep ignite up? .. casting fireball and scorch or scorch and a procc'd pyro ?

Keeping Ignite up is not something you do "consciously" (unless you're playing a Fire Mage on Alysrazor). You should just do you best to get a feel of when Ignite is going to be big. For example, when you have two big consecutive crits with Fireball.

This is where Parrot comes into play. To filter a spell, do the following:

• type /parrot, it will open up the configuration panels for Parrot;
  • open up Events, then Spell Filters;
  • Click New Filter;
  • Click on the new filter that appeared under Spell Filters;
  • Enter the name of the spell and the threshold value (50000, for example), and click "Outgoing".
Hope it helps ;)

ok thanks.

so what about haste. it's at 15,13% (1937). should i keep it or set it down close to 1505 if possible?

Ideally, you should keep it close to 1505, but I don't think it is going to make much of a difference.

Kuraigu, assuming you make the enchant changes Damien suggested (which I agree with), I would recommend making the following reforges:

Time Lord's Hood - 129 Haste to Hit

Time Lord's Robes - 144 Haste to Crit

Time Lord's Leggings - 132 Mastery to Crit

Current

Hit - 1748

Haste - 1737

Crit - 1834

Mastery - 980

Reforged

Hit - 1745

Haste - 1514

Crit - 2110

Mastery - 900

Edited by Vladamyr
  • Like 1

well, vladamyr. which part should i remove hit from? ..

or only these 3 parts and nothing else to reforge?

nevermind, got it done :)

gonna try these settings today

Edited by kuraigu

Little late to the party here but, just curious on why you are not using inv_misc_thread_01.jpgLightweave Embroidery on your back/cape. You are a tailor, yes? Also you are not using inv_bracer_robe_raidmage_k_01.jpgBracers of Unconquered Power, Or the inv_enchant_formulasuperior_01.jpgEnchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect +50 INT chant. And you might want to think about using inv_stave_2h_deathwingraid_d_01.jpgLightning Rod or inv_stave_2h_deathwingraiddw_d_01.jpgTi'tahk, the Steps of Time too, until you either get the inv_knife_1h_deathwingraid_d_02.jpgRathrak, the Poisonous Mind or Dragonfire Orb. you lose some secondary stats but SP and INT go up.

Reforgelite addon is great for fig out how to reforge. I don't trust mr. robot that much. I have been arcane now for awhile. I noticed that my burst as fire (first min or so of combat) was higher but then there was a drop off as you spoke of. and that for long haul in a boss fight arcane gave me better dps over the entire fight. Im about to get my legendary staff and make the switch back to fire to see if it helps my fire numbers.

• Like 1

In regards to the glove enchants : how do we choose between 65 mastery and 50 haste ?

I see a lot of high end mages with the mastery enchant, but here I read that we should use the haste enchant.

Thank you for any help !

The guide actually suggests using either. The difference between these is very minimal unless the haste enchant pushes you over a soft cap. At Heroic gear levels the mastery enchant sims out to be a dps gain but once again the difference is so minimal that you would never see it. I would go with the enchant you can get the easiest. I personally run the mastery enchant but that is because my offspec is Arcane and I can get either enchant cheap.

hi again guys!

like yea .. i've managed to get a decent dps the last two weeks .. and now ..

all is different and the new talent tree and all that .. i am so damn lost ..

can someone tell me what talents to use and what glyphs so it's almost like the old style??

cheers

ok, but i don't see which talents i have to use.sorry if i seem to be stupid or so Posted Image

Edited by kuraigu