FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Windowlicker

Momentum and positioning in dungeons

I am not even 110 yet, just leveling my DH. Just wondering, a lot of times in dungeons I am using FR to trigger Momentum and end up away from the trash/boss, because their hitboxes are much smaller than a raid boss's. Is this OK? Is using FR and being out of rage for a second or two worth the bonus damage I'm going to do with my abilities? In other words, is it a net gain?

On 1/9/2017 at 0:53 PM, Windowlicker said:

I am not even 110 yet, just leveling my DH. Just wondering, a lot of times in dungeons I am using FR to trigger Momentum and end up away from the trash/boss, because their hitboxes are much smaller than a raid boss's. Is this OK? Is using FR and being out of rage for a second or two worth the bonus damage I'm going to do with my abilities? In other words, is it a net gain?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities about halfway down the page there is a triangular diagram on Fel Rush movements.  Example: instead of dashing straight through the boss with FR dash across his edge diagonally.  Theoretically this should keep you closer to the boss however, sometimes dashing straight through the center and panning your camera in a 180 works just as effectively (from personal experience) but depending on your positioning can put you in harms way if you end up next to the tank and the boss cleaves.