FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
slap

Help with Destro build, gems and enchants. Rotation

Mastery is the preferred stacking stat of all 3 specs.  The guide written is based on single target strats which is correct.  However, none of the raids except for Jin'rokh satisfy that criteria. 

A quick look through his logs isn't going to show that his gemming and stats need corrected.  That typically accounts for 5-10% of someone's DPS.  His spell priorities and usage of spells during procs has some opportunities to gain DPS.  There are tons of resources here in the forums for him to find ways to improve. 

After taking a quick look through the logs there are a lot of things he can be doing to gain a lot more DPS.

Aside from having him check out these two threads, T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic and 5.2 Destruction Tips and Quirks there are a couple of things that really stand out.

1. I don't think he has Havoc on their action bars. I couldn't find one instance of it being used in those logs. Any time there is an extra target out during a fight Havoc should be used on cooldown. This is addressed specifically in the encounter guide linked above.There is really only one fight that doesn't have a chance to use Havoc, which is Jin'rokh.

2. More stuff from the encounter guide will really help with his output on a fight to fight basis. I could go in to specifics, but its all in that guide.

3. I get a feeling his opener might be off slightly. From what I can tell is he is trying to delay CB by quite a bit in his opener until Wush has had a chance to gain a few stacks. Since that is his only significant Int proc, that might actually be okay, not 100% sure on that one. On Durumu he managed to get off 3 CB's before DS faded on the opener which works out because of Tempus repit and Volatile Talisman, although one of them definitely consumed 3 stacks of backdraft.

4. Other glaring things would be, CD usage in general. On most fights he did a good job of using DS, but on Horridon, a 9+ minute fight, he only used it twice on your kill. That's a large loss to his overall DPS alone.

5. Lots of cases of him dumping CB's without any significant procs active. It is a waste and a loss of DPS to do this unless you are about to cap on embers. It looks like he picked up Jade Spirit on his weap since those logs were posted, which is a good thing for sure. Destro needs strong Intellect procs to dump Chaos Bolts on. Hopefully he has some way to monitor his procs, either through Weakauras or Affdots, or some other addon. Without tracking procs he will likely struggle.

Sorry if that was a lot lol biggrin.png

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1

After taking a quick look through the logs there are a lot of things he can be doing to gain a lot more DPS.

Aside from having him check out these two threads, T15 Warlock Style - Normal & Heroic and 5.2 Destruction Tips and Quirks there are a couple of things that really stand out.

1. I don't think he has Havoc on their action bars. I couldn't find one instance of it being used in those logs. Any time there is an extra target out during a fight Havoc should be used on cooldown. This is addressed specifically in the encounter guide linked above.There is really only one fight that doesn't have a chance to use Havoc, which is Jin'rokh.

2. More stuff from the encounter guide will really help with his output on a fight to fight basis. I could go in to specifics, but its all in that guide.

3. I get a feeling his opener might be off slightly. From what I can tell is he is trying to delay CB by quite a bit in his opener until Wush has had a chance to gain a few stacks. Since that is his only significant Int proc, that might actually be okay, not 100% sure on that one. On Durumu he managed to get off 3 CB's before DS faded on the opener which works out because of Tempus repit and Volatile Talisman, although one of them definitely consumed 3 stacks of backdraft.

4. Other glaring things would be, CD usage in general. On most fights he did a good job of using DS, but on Horridon, a 9+ minute fight, he only used it twice on your kill. That's a large loss to his overall DPS alone.

5. Lots of cases of him dumping CB's without any significant procs active. It is a waste and a loss of DPS to do this unless you are about to cap on embers. It looks like he picked up Jade Spirit on his weap since those logs were posted, which is a good thing for sure. Destro needs strong Intellect procs to dump Chaos Bolts on. Hopefully he has some way to monitor his procs, either through Weakauras or Affdots, or some other addon. Without tracking procs he will likely struggle.

Sorry if that was a lot lol biggrin.png

Thanks so much for taking the time! I have given him the link to this post and relayed the information. I'm sure that will all help tremendously. I will also make sure her has weakauras too as I know it was a huge help for me on my mage dots!