Stan

Blue Posts Round-up: Jan 12

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

KzdgeUn.jpg

Rainbow Portrait is coming to consoles with the patch that brings Seasons, The rest blue posts deal with The BarberThe Barber, Juggernaut affix and the duration of the Darkening of Tristam event.

Rainbow Portrait on Consoles

The rainbow portrait isn't currently available on consoles. The implementation of portraits will come with the patch that brings Seasons to consoles (Season 10 maybe). Until then, you can earn portraits through the Darkening of Tristam event.

Blizzard LogoNevalistis

So, with the 1.15/1.16 patch, will this portrait drop now on the consoles?

Sorry for the delay in response, but I had to do some digging on this one. On console, Sir William does not currently drop the Whimsyshire portrait. The reason why is because full portrait integration isn't actually active yet for the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4/XB1, though a couple of portraits can be earned through the Darkening of Tristram event (see here for more information on that). Full integration will be coming with the patch where Seasons become available on console.

If this is something you guys would like to see in the future once portrait integration is in, I'll be happy to pass along that feedback to our console development team!

(Source)

The Darkening of Tristam Event Duration

Another posts informs that the Darkening of Tristam event will last until the end of January and will return every January from here on out.

Blizzard LogoNevalistis

When does the Darkening of Tristram event end?

Just to confirm, The Darkening of Tristram event will last until the end of this month (January), and will return every January from here on out.

(Source)

The BarberThe Barber Nerfs

A player has submitted photographic evidence that The BarberThe Barber has been nerfed. Here's a blue post related to it.

Blizzard LogoTyvalir

I'm using it with a build I'm working on and I like it even though it's not doing insane amounts of godly damage like on the ptr.

Glad you're liking the revamped Barber! As more people play with this item, there will doubtless be interesting new builds they create that are worth trying out.

It's also worth noting that with the changes to certain items in patch 2.4.3, we've seen players talk about how these compare to the most powerful Legendary and Set items available in the game. 

To clarify, our goal when updating Legendary items is to open up new build opportunities for players to explore. Along with this, it's important to note that not every item is designed to push the current best Greater Rift level. Some will be better for speed farming builds, and others will simply be a means to create fun novelty builds (like Manajuma's Way, for instance).

There's more than one way to compare an item's relative worth, and more than one way to incorporate it into various builds. Even so, I'm glad to see people trying the new items out and sharing their experiences. It helps, for sure!

Is it really not guaranteed elemental damage though?

As for the weapon not rolling the additional damage modifier, that does seem buggy - I will pass this on, and thanks for reporting it!

(Source)

Juggernauts in Greater Rifts

They now have lots of health and resistance to damage, intended? The information below was taken from the latest patch notes.

Blizzard Logo2.4.3 Patch Notes - Juggernaut

Juggernaut
  • New enemy affix
    • Juggernaut monsters are permanently immune to crowd control effects, but move more slowly than normal monsters
    • Along with this change, enemies with this affix take 30% more damage from all sources
    • Only a rare Elite enemy can be a Juggernaut

(Source)

There may even be a visual indicator for affixes on elites in the works!

Blizzard LogoTyvalir

OK I got it - immunity to cc means a whole bunch of procs that raise damage or debuff won't work.

Just wanted to clarify for those who haven't seen the new Juggernaut affix in-game or read our recent patch notes that this is correct. As with all enemy affixes, some will be easier for certain builds to handle while the inverse is true for others. 

One of our goals when adding new enemy affixes is to broaden the types of enemy variety you see in the game and the kinds of challenges you'll face. This helps achieve both of those goals while (hopefully) encouraging you to think more tactically in certain cases as a CC-dependent character.

Damn! Will have to actually look at affixes now - it would be nice to have a visual indicator on the elite.

Totally fair feedback! I'm happy to pass this on and thanks for sharing it.

(Source)