EvilArisen

Fury Warrior Sustained DPS issue

7 posts in this topic

Hey there guys I'm having a major issue with my warrior, ever since patch 7.1.5. I haven't been able to sustain over 200k dps since the patch, but my burst is still around 700-800k. I do not currently have the recommended talents because of it needing the tier set to be efficient. I will have the armory link, simcraft results, and the simcraft results. I try to follow the rotation, and it doesn't work. I have yet to figure out what it is, beside maybe Icy-Veins being wrong on stat priority. I still feel like haste is the top stat. Any input would be appreciated. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/Evilarisen/advanced

simc results.png

WoWScrnShot_011817_202658.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would use Reckless Abanbon anyway, massacre is doing well during long, single target fights, Frohting Berserker is more universal, and better in more situations (wowhead:  ~5m encounters the two are equal, and >7m encounters value Massacre ).  Are u sure u follow rotation in 100%? 1 ring got 150 enchant instead of 200, also Your neck enchant should be Mark of the Hidden Satyr, your haste and amstery is ok for this ilvl tho. Remember about flask (countless armies), food (azshari), and prepot (old war, 1 sec before pull, and in bl/execute phase)

btw. I wanna this legendary so bad ;(

Edited by Sajakain
Watch the language directed at other members, even if it is in a joking manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's strange since I actually did quite a bit more dps after the patch. I'm 871 (haste 28% and mastery 38%) and have no dps increasing legendaries at all (unless you count them as stat sticks), and I have no issues pulling 350k+ sustained on ST bosses with high uptime. I have reckless abandon and frothing berserker. What I generally do for my ST rotation above 20% is:

  • Try to use RB on cd with the only higher priority being to use rampage at 100 rage
  • Use BC off cd and at <65 rage
  • After BC, I will use rampage, RB, odyn's fury, BT, RB, then carry on with my normal rotation
  • Only use BT when enrage is down or going to be down in 1 second (assuming RB is on cd), otherwise I use furious slash if I still got another GCD with enrage left
  • Use Avatar on cd

Below 20%:

  • Spam execute when enraged
  • Use my above 80% rotation while keeping up jug stacks when not enraged

The rotation is not perfect by any means, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Dragon Roar is not the good talent anymore and reckless abandon is the go to talent (bladestorm if the encounter desperately needs high AoE burst).

Edited by zmandude24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EvilArisen said:

I do not currently have the recommended talents because of it needing the tier set to be efficient.

The recommended talents aren't recommended because of the tier set bonuses. They're recommended because they're, overall, pulling the best numbers. By not taking these talents you're automatically hindering your performance capabilities.

13 hours ago, EvilArisen said:

I try to follow the rotation, and it doesn't work.

What doesn't work about it? Are you sure you're following the rotation guidelines set here?

 

13 hours ago, EvilArisen said:

I have yet to figure out what it is, beside maybe Icy-Veins being wrong on stat priority. I still feel like haste is the top stat.

Haste is the top stat and the guide here on IV even states that it is - up until 30%. It's then followed up by Mastery. With gear you'll naturally go beyond the 30% Haste (which is listed right after Mastery in the priority).

=====================================

You're 858 equipped. I'm not sure how long you were attacking the target that your Skada or Recount shows but it couldn't have been for very long. To do 5.5M takes about 15 - 20 seconds given your DPS readout.

If you need help with the rotation you'll want to submit a combat parse through Warcraft Logs. This way we can see what abilities you're using, how you're managing your CDs, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, zmandude24 said:

That's strange since I actually did quite a bit more dps after the patch. I'm 871 (haste 28% and mastery 38%) and have no dps increasing legendaries at all (unless you count them as stat sticks), and I have no issues pulling 350k+ sustained on ST bosses with high uptime. I have reckless abandon and frothing berserker. What I generally do for my ST rotation above 20% is:

  • Try to use RB on cd with the only higher priority being to use rampage at 100 rage
  • Use BC off cd and at <65 rage
  • After BC, I will use rampage, RB, odyn's fury, BT, RB, then carry on with my normal rotation
  • Only use BT when enrage is down or going to be down in 1 second (assuming RB is on cd), otherwise I use furious slash if I still got another GCD with enrage left
  • Use Avatar on cd

Below 20%:

  • Spam execute when enraged
  • Use my above 80% rotation while keeping up jug stacks when not enraged

 

This rotation was working for me, the hardest part is maintaining the enrage, but it was a an increase, and kept climbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EvilArisen said:

This rotation was working for me, the hardest part is maintaining the enrage, but it was a an increase, and kept climbing.

The guide on this site said that you should use BT on CD above furious slash and that is not true. You should only use BT on CD if you aren't enraged. If you are enraged, you should use furious slash if RB is on CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zmandude24 said:

The guide on this site said that you should use BT on CD above furious slash and that is not true. You should only use BT on CD if you aren't enraged. If you are enraged, you should use furious slash if RB is on CD.

Point of correction. . .

The only time you use Furious Slash above Bloodthirst (assuming Rampage is not available and you are Enraged) is when you have Frenzy talented and that's to maintain three stacks of the buff.

Due to the way talents are currently, Frenzy is not the choice in that tier (Inner Rage is) and, as such, your priority is Rampage / Bloodthirst if you are not Enraged. If you are Enraged, your priority is Execute -> Raging Blow -> Bloodthirst -> Furious Slash, in that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.