Arms Warrior DPS - Problem

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hello There,

i'm having problem with my dps. I need to know what is wrong with me.

Combat Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZRgB1bnXhjMP9yFm#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=28

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Serrâ/advanced

Edited by oktaykalfa

Good morning, Oktaykalfa.

Looking at your armory I notice a few things:

• You have a nerfed trinket (Appendages. It's not as good as it once was but it's better than nothing I suppose).
  • You have no legendaries. That sucks. :(
  • You have extremely low haste despite your high mastery. While this isn't an absolute major concern, it's noticeable. I'd worry about other things first, though, before getting to this point.

Looking over your logs, just on Krosus, I noticed a few things:

• You're holding onto Focused Rage for too long. Your pattern(s) show that you like to stack it before casting Mortal Strike. This is a priority issue.
  • You're not casting Slam enough. Again, this is a rotation priority issue.
  • On Normal Krosus - why would you cast cleave or Heroic Throw? Heroic throw can make some sort of sense if you're casting it when he breaks the bridge and you're waiting for him to come closer (which, looking at the charts, you seemed to do). Personally I think you'd get more out of going back farther and charging in to get the rage but that's just me. Cleave should not be cast because - on Normal - no adds should be spawning. The one time you cast cleave you hit the boss. This is a single target fight. Again, this is a rotational issue.
  • Your Shattered Defense buff seemed to linger a few times which means you did not cast Mortal Strike or Execute to consume it.

All in all - you need to get a better understanding of the rotation and priority. Gear will help, sure, but your biggest setback right now is the lack of a proper rotation. I would read over the guides here on IV and check out the Compendium written specifically for Arms Warriors. I've provided the links to them for your convenience. I hope this helps and here's to you getting better with your Arms Warrior!

The Arms Compendium - Written by top-end theorycrafters in the Warrior Community. If you want to absolutely min/max your warrior.
Icy Veins Arms Guide - A great place to start that covers everything concerning the spec - including the rotation priority.
My Guide - A thread written by me, here on IV, that just presents the same information in a different medium.

Read through these and practice on a dummy. The Arms rotation is not a simple one - at least not at first. It takes practice and understanding the priority in given situations to make it work. You can log a dummy parse if you'd like, once you feel you have a grasp on the rotation, and post it here for review for further clarifications if you want. Once you get the rotation down you can then look to other factors such as gear, stats, and proper consumables.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M, 11/11H
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (What is EPGP?)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (950+ ilvl)
      Tank All DPS (Healing offspec preferable but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      950+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.
      We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS and a Tank for Mythic Antorus.
      We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      Fill out our Application form & add me on Battle.net and/or Discord! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
      Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By LazioB
      Hi everyone! This is my first time playing endgame content, thanks to some veteran friends who invited me to play with them. I started with a Fury Warrior, and now that I feel comfortable, I started logging the runs. 

Here is a part of Antorus Normal ( I accidentaly deleted the file later which included the rest of the bosses :( ) 

Would anyone please take a look at it to see where I have room for improvement (probably everything) and how can I tackle those issues?

PD: Im lacking one of the BiS leggos, and ever since I have the Convergance of Fates trinket, I lost my rotation, cant seem to find when to fire each ability now.
    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which semi-recently transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some shit.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are in need of any competent DPS, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Open
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.