FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
oktaykalfa

Arms Warrior DPS - Problem

Good morning, Oktaykalfa.

Looking at your armory I notice a few things:

• You have a nerfed trinket (Appendages. It's not as good as it once was but it's better than nothing I suppose).
  • You have no legendaries. That sucks. :(
  • You have extremely low haste despite your high mastery. While this isn't an absolute major concern, it's noticeable. I'd worry about other things first, though, before getting to this point.

Looking over your logs, just on Krosus, I noticed a few things:

• You're holding onto Focused Rage for too long. Your pattern(s) show that you like to stack it before casting Mortal Strike. This is a priority issue.
  • You're not casting Slam enough. Again, this is a rotation priority issue.
  • On Normal Krosus - why would you cast cleave or Heroic Throw? Heroic throw can make some sort of sense if you're casting it when he breaks the bridge and you're waiting for him to come closer (which, looking at the charts, you seemed to do). Personally I think you'd get more out of going back farther and charging in to get the rage but that's just me. Cleave should not be cast because - on Normal - no adds should be spawning. The one time you cast cleave you hit the boss. This is a single target fight. Again, this is a rotational issue.
  • Your Shattered Defense buff seemed to linger a few times which means you did not cast Mortal Strike or Execute to consume it.

==============================

All in all - you need to get a better understanding of the rotation and priority. Gear will help, sure, but your biggest setback right now is the lack of a proper rotation. I would read over the guides here on IV and check out the Compendium written specifically for Arms Warriors. I've provided the links to them for your convenience. I hope this helps and here's to you getting better with your Arms Warrior!

The Arms Compendium - Written by top-end theorycrafters in the Warrior Community. If you want to absolutely min/max your warrior.
Icy Veins Arms Guide - A great place to start that covers everything concerning the spec - including the rotation priority.
My Guide - A thread written by me, here on IV, that just presents the same information in a different medium.

Read through these and practice on a dummy. The Arms rotation is not a simple one - at least not at first. It takes practice and understanding the priority in given situations to make it work. You can log a dummy parse if you'd like, once you feel you have a grasp on the rotation, and post it here for review for further clarifications if you want. Once you get the rotation down you can then look to other factors such as gear, stats, and proper consumables.