zmandude24

Is haste even worth it for Prot in NH?

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Since shield block doesn't do donkey dick for most of the tank buster mechanics and the boss auto attacks hit like a wet noodle, is it even worth gearing haste at all? Wouldn't I be better off going for only mastery/versatility?

I don't agree with you, I think SB is very important in NH too.

But beside of that: More Haste = More Autoattacks = More Rage = More Survivability

I think since 7.1.5 and the Devestator talent Haste is even more important, maybe Versa gets a bit more important than Mastery in NH, but Haste up to 30% should stay the strongest stat.

Edited by dr3nz5

Definitely worth it. If you take a look at some of the higher parses for Prot Warr in NH, the melee damage can be upwards of 35-40% of the boss damage done to tanks. 

Shield Block is incredibly important. 

I do not fully agree with you guys. Haste leads to good uptimes of shieldblock and more rage gain, thats absolutely true. But haste won't help you to SMOOTH your inc. dmg spikes as it usually does. There are more figths where i prefer to play with AM than with HR. I just dont need a high shieldblock uptime as long the heavy spikes can't be blocked at all. With high mastery/versatility you can better smooth the spikes.

To define good taking about parsing your DTPS is not a good way. Smooth your inc. dmg as long normal hits are absolutely healable.

To finish: in my opinion we dont need so much haste as long our healer are not struggeling to keep us alive while boss is autoattacking. For NH i'm absolutely reducing my haste for more versatility to gain a big IP when needed.

8 hours ago, Allseye said:

To finish: in my opinion we dont need so much haste as long our healer are not struggeling to keep us alive while boss is autoattacking. For NH i'm absolutely reducing my haste for more versatility to gain a big IP when needed.

As you have said, though, this only applies to bosses where magic damage is the main thing being looked at. Things like adds on Tich, where it is pure physical, I'd take SB any day, no?

Like, I completely agree if you're talking about prioritising magic/unavoidable over blockable, but I think it's important to factor in the melee damage. There's a fair amount of it in NH!

That's true, where inc. dmg is blockable AND block does really help to stay alive, haste will be a very good state. So basically we can say: every fight we run with HR, haste is absolutely worth it.

In every other fights in NH, where "bosses hit like a wet noodle" (how OP is says) OR dmg isn't blockable, haste is not the way we should go.

So, eventually i don't understand what zmandude24 was asking for. But his question was, if it's worth to gearing on haste while auto attacks doesn't really hurt. On Tich-Adds they will hurt, so that was not his question. What i meant is: if blockable auto attacks is not the reason why you're struggeling to stay alive, then mastery/versatility is the better option (and then don't run with HR too :-D).