Damien

Heroes of the Storm Lúcio

14 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Lúcio build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the two builds KendricSwissh made for Lúcio.

There is also something that people might not notice about  Rejuvenescência + Bonus Track at level 20 when they first play Lúcio. Now assuming you pick them at level 16 and 20 you can cast amp it to healing and switch to speed to refresh amp it up and immediately switch to healing again. This gives you 6 full seconds of amp it up for healing ( 8 seconds if you picked Reverse Amp at level 10). while the effect it over you'll find that Amp It Up cooldown was reducing in that period and it's set at about 6 or 7 seconds makingg the combo available again after a very short time 

This in my opinion makes Lúcio the strongest late game healer in the entire game who can do massive amounts of aoe healing that can determine the crucial late team fights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect to KendricSwissh I've never seen talent assessment I disagree more with on IcyVeins.

Back in the Mix at 13 is misleading and underpowered. While countering CC effects with healing is not that bad, the heal is too small and the cooldown is too high for the talent to have an impact. In current meta if you've been hit by stun or root the next CC effect won't come in 10 seconds. It will be there immediately after with a tonn of damage to follow. 

Level 16 talents are all viable (except maybe for the Heliotropics which is significantly weaker and looks like it belongs on level 4 rather than here).  Rejuvenescência is without a doubt better for the team with high health pool (warriors, Azmodan, Nazeebo), but Bring It Together brings higher healing numbers with 1 warrior team and the condition is not hard to meet at all, especially in the late game. Up the Frequency works wonders against teams with no heavy dive as you are perfectly safe to AA them while being safely positioned behind your team; its cooldown and mana cost reduction are very significant.

Nonstop Remix at 20 is a very much win-more talent, but there's nothing wrong with talents like that to solidify an existing lead. The requirement is not a problem too, especially if you're slowing enemies down with the Reverse Amp and/or boosting your allies speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2017 at 7:12 AM, AntonWhite said:

Back in the Mix at 13 is misleading and underpowered. While countering CC effects with healing is not that bad, the heal is too small and the cooldown is too high for the talent to have an impact. In current meta if you've been hit by stun or root the next CC effect won't come in 10 seconds. It will be there immediately after with a tonn of damage to follow.

"Back in the Mix" is the best option for Level 13. Lúcio's healing output is HoT based, meaning he has no healing burst. Being able to get a small burst of healing every 10 seconds is great for his self sustain, specially given how squishy he is. At level 13, "Back in the Mix" heals for over 400, which is meaningful considering he has around 2500'ish HP at level 13.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: the 13 talent tier: while I don't agree with @AntonWhiteabout back in the mix being too weak to take, I *do* think that in most cases hard style will give much more value (depends on the map, of course, which determines what percentage of an average teamfight it will be easy to stand near a wall for) .

I also think that can't stop/won't stop deserves at least a "situational" with the situation being that the enemy team is piled high with slows and roots, specifically. Against a comp with Jaina, thrall, and shield wall varian, for example, you would get bonkers value out of CS/WS.

Edited by Voltorocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voltorocks said:

re: the 13 talent tier: while I don't agree with @AntonWhiteabout back in the mix being too weak to take, I *do* think that in most cases hard style will give much more value (depends on the map, of course, which determines what percentage of an average teamfight it will be easy to stand near a wall for) .

I also think that can't stop/won't stop deserves at least a "situational" with the situation being that the enemy team is piled high with slows and roots, specifically. Against a comp with Jaina, thrall, and shield wall varian, for example, you would get bonkers value out of CS/WS.

My issue with Hard Style is that it forces you to look for walls to grind on, although that depending on the map it is not a problem. However, I always take it if the opposing team features no stuns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Boombox actually has a lot of utility at level 7.  I do like the extra 20% range, since it keeps your team from needing to bunch up so much, but it's not the most critical thing.  Boombox is great if you're split pushing, or if you're facing a split push.  Garden of Terror, for instance, if the enemy terror is pushing top and the rest of the team pushing bottom, you can drop the boombox down in the top fort and then rotate bottom so you're able to heal in two places.

Also, like any ward, you can just drop it in a bush and then you're scouting that bush.  I still take party mix most of the time, but now that I'm playing Lucio a lot more I find there are times I like having the boombox.  It lasts a really long time assuming you put it somewhere that it doesn't get destroyed-long enough for two uses of Amp It Up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FirstBlood said:

I think Boombox actually has a lot of utility at level 7.  I do like the extra 20% range, since it keeps your team from needing to bunch up so much, but it's not the most critical thing.  Boombox is great if you're split pushing, or if you're facing a split push.  Garden of Terror, for instance, if the enemy terror is pushing top and the rest of the team pushing bottom, you can drop the boombox down in the top fort and then rotate bottom so you're able to heal in two places.

Also, like any ward, you can just drop it in a bush and then you're scouting that bush.  I still take party mix most of the time, but now that I'm playing Lucio a lot more I find there are times I like having the boombox.  It lasts a really long time assuming you put it somewhere that it doesn't get destroyed-long enough for two uses of Amp It Up.

Even with split-pushing, the players don't stay in one place, which means your Boombox will not only affect one or two people at a time, but the effective duration of the bonus will be much lower as well. Also, as a support, you are often better off not splitpushing yourself, as you can get ambushed and be taken down somewhat easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I found a mistake in the abilities page: in the banner describing sound barrier, the ability has 0s cooldown :) but it should be 80s

Bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the discussion part of Bonus Track in the Abilities section is mistakenly naming Reverse Amp instead of Amp It Up, because I don't understand what's the link between Reverse Amp and Bonus Track if Amp It Up doesn't increase Reverse Amp...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh I see no point in Lucio since his Hps Nerf :|

Should there even be a reason for me to pick him untill they do something with him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2017 at 3:53 PM, 50m8r4 said:

Sigh I see no point in Lucio since his Hps Nerf :|

Should there even be a reason for me to pick him untill they do something with him?

Lucio excels in hard-engage comps, thanks to talents like Maximum TempoMaximum Tempo. Conversely, he also works well in comps that require more mobility. I currently wouldn't draft him as a solo Support as the meta is very burst oriented at the moment, but he can solo heal. Pair him with Uther or Stukov and he really shines.

Edited by Valhalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reasoning for making Nonstop Remix not recommended is not solid. The current argument is that it's not always the case that you catch multiple enemies with Reverse Amp. However, common sense says that by level 20, you should know if you can or cannot. Every single Lucio game I've played with Reverse Amp, I could tell whether I am able to catch multiple people or not. For a level 20 talent that's much more reliable than Genji's Living Weapon reset, it's at least a situational talent whenever Lucio can catch 2 or more heroes.

Next, Bring It Together is a much stronger talent than Rejuvenescência when it comes to healing anyone else other than tanks. At around 4500 health at level 20, the healing of Rejuvenescência exceeds Bring It Together. That applies to only 30% of the roster. If it's a teamfight, I am likely to proc the talent and heal more. The only concern of Bring It Together is reliability, which is too weak of a reason to make the talent not recommended.

Edited by Trensicourt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

The reasoning for making Nonstop Remix not recommended is not solid. The current argument is that it's not always the case that you catch multiple enemies with Reverse Amp. However, common sense says that by level 20, you should know if you can or cannot. Every single Lucio game I've played with Reverse Amp, I could tell whether I am able to catch multiple people or not.

Waiting too long to get some value out of Reverse AmpReverse Amp is simply bad. While you can tell when you are able to catch multiple enemies with Reverse AmpReverse Amp, it does not have to happen that often for it to be better than any other talent in the tier. 

5 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

For a level 20 talent that's much more reliable than Genji's Living Weapon reset, it's at least a situational talent whenever Lucio can catch 2 or more heroes.

We marked Living WeaponLiving Weapon as "Not Recommended" for that reason. While Nonstop RemixNonstop Remix is more reliable than Living WeaponLiving Weapon, it is still not reliable enough.

5 hours ago, Trensicourt said:

Next, Bring It Together is a much stronger talent than Rejuvenescência when it comes to healing anyone else other than tanks. At around 4500 health at level 20, the healing of Rejuvenescência exceeds Bring It Together.

If you take a look at healing numbers for tanks, who you should try to heal the most, especially those with strong peel, the difference between the two talents is huge. For example, with Varian being the most picked "tank" hero, and TauntTaunt being the most common level 10 talent for him by a significant margin, RejuvenescênciaRejuvenescência will always heal more than procced Bring it TogetherBring it Together. If you add a most commonly picked assassin, Valla, you will get higher value starting at level 22, which is too late for Bring it TogetherBring it Together to be picked. Healing three or more damaged heroes is not that common, so the problem is indeed reliability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.