Lúcio Build Guide “Let's drop the beat.”
Welcome to our guide for Lúcio, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Lucio is a very mobile ranged Healer, who is capable of boosting his allies' Movement Speed and healing them over time. His unique Wall Ride ability and its passive component allows him to skate along impassable Terrain, causing him to become a very elusive Hero for the enemy team to catch.
Lúcio's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Outstanding mobility
- Strong late game healing
- Attacks while moving
- Two viable Heroic Abilities
- Very poor waveclear
- Low health pool makes him susceptible to Stuns and Slows
- Requires good multitasking and map awareness
Lúcio's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sound Barrier BuildTalent calculator »
The Sound Barrier Build focuses, thanks to its massive shields, more on Lucio's defensive AoE capabilities. To deliver the best AoE protection possible, we recommend picking Crossfade related talents, most importantly Party Mix at Level 1, as we think the radius increase on both his healing and Movement Speed beats is crucial and furthermore synergizes extremely well with later talents, such as All Together at Level 13 or House Party at Level 20. Speaking of Level 20, we recommend Summer Anthem as an ultimate saving tool to experienced Lucio players only, since the talent (due to its long cooldown) can be very unforgiving if wasted or used at the wrong time. If the enemy team has a lot of strong crowd control effects, High Five can still be a worthy alternative choice at Level 10.
High Five BuildTalent calculator »
The High Five Build focuses more on Lucio's strong single target saving capabilities using High Five, rather than protecting multiple targets with Sound Barrier. Moreover, thanks to the strong synergy between Supersonic at Level 4 and Heavy Casters at Level 13, his Push Off ability turns into a short Stun, which can be used both offensively and defensively. If used offensively, Lucio can help chase retreating enemy Heroes. If used defensively, however, he can keep engaging hostile Heroes from reaching exposed allies in the backline, for instance.
Lúcio's Synergies and Counters
Lucio enables various types of Heroes. He performs very well with high health Warriors, such as Arthas or Diablo due to his Rejuvenescência Talent at Level 16. Lucio's AoE Movement Speed also synergizes very well with Assassins like Greymane who will have a much easier time sticking to their targets.
Lucio does well on almost every battleground except for Braxis Holdout or Haunted Mines due to his poor waveclear. However, on maps that require strong early game rotations, such as Blackheart's Bay or Dragon Shire, his strong mobility can make a big difference.
Lúcio's Tips and Tricks
- Frequently switch between Crossfade - Healing Boost and Crossfade - Speed Boost according to the situation you find yourself in.
- When an ally is chased by enemies, Crossfade - Speed Boost is the better choice to guarantee their survival.
- While chasing or retreating, make sure to use Lucio's Wall Ride Trait to your advantage, as it provides a significant Movement Speed bonus.
- While rotating from one lane to another, combine Amp It Up and Crossfade - Speed Boost.
Lucio's Role in the Current Meta
Due to his outstanding mobility that allows him to also accelerate the rotation speed of his allies, Lucio is a good choice in the current Anomaly. However, we do want to highlight the high skill ceiling when it comes to playing Lucio efficiently. He requires good game sense to determine when to play aggressively and when to remain defensive.
Lucio maintains a fairly even power level throughout the game, which makes him a decent Hero during the early, mid, and late game. After acquiring his Level 16 and Level 20 talents, he becomes one of the most solid late-game Healers with incredible healing numbers.
Due to the way his kit works, Lucio is strong at enabling his fellow team members. Thus, we recommend being a team player at all times in order to unleash his true potential. Depending on whether the enemy team composition focuses on AoE Assassins like Jaina or Kael'thas or not should have an impact on Lúcio's Heroic Ability choice. If they do, Sound Barrier proves to be a valuable counter tool. If they do not, High Five can greatly harm enemy priority targets.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (this page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Revised the guide and found it to be still up-to-date.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Lucio's abilities section in accordance wih his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (this page): Updated Lucio's introduction for his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Lucio's talents and builds in accordance with his latest rework.
- 05 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Removed We Move Together (the talent was removed from the game last week), leaving Accelerando the only recommended talent at Level 1.
- 26 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Changed talents at Level 7 and updated Lucio's Sound Barrier Build.
- 11 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Maximum Tempo and Reverse Amp to Not Recommended.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Removed the Reverse Amp Build.
- 14 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Can't Stop Won't Stop from Not Recommended to Recommended and changed Back in the Mix from Recommended to Situational.
- 11 May 2017 (talents page): Removed Heliotropics.
- 12 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Changed the evaluation of Accelerando from not recommended to recommended.
- 11 Apr. 2017 (this page): Changed the level 1 talent recommendation in the Sound Barrier build to Accelerando.
- 18 Feb. 2017 (this page): Lúcio guide added.
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: April 6th
- New Heroes of the Storm Teaser: April 5th
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Weekly Brawl - Braxis Outpost: April 3rd
- Heroes of the Storm April Fools PTR Patch Notes
- Heroic Deals: April 1st
- All Heroes Remain Free to Play Through April 13th
- Immortal Kings Call HELP needed
- Heroes of the Storm The Lost Vikings
- Heroes of the Storm Kharazim
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Illidan
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul