Lúcio Build Guide “Let's drop the beat.”
Welcome to our guide for Lúcio, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Lúcio is a very mobile Healer, who is capable of boosting his allies' Movement Speed and healing them over time. His unique Trait, called Wall Ride, allows him to skate along impassable terrain, causing him to become a very elusive Hero for the enemy team to catch.
Lúcio's Strengths and Weaknesses
Lúcio's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Lúcio's Advanced Build is aimed at experienced Lúcio players. In order to get value from Talents such as Accelerando and Smooth Moves, you should be playing more offensively, by either abusing Accelerando's increased Movement Speed to Harass enemies, or by constantly attacking and sustaining yourself through Smooth Moves.
Accelerando takes some practice to maintain the boost constantly up, but once you get used to it, you will feel the difference it makes. Smooth Moves at Level 1 is also good, since it allows you to be more offensive and take some damage for your team.
At Level 20, Mixing Fire should be picked if you got High Five, while Summer Anthem when the enemy team has a wombo combo composition. House Party will be good against compositions without much burst. Bossa Nova can be an option if your team is dying before the fight starts, since the cooldown Reduction is very noticeable.
Lúcio's Crossfade Build is directly aimed for the novice Lúcio players, since it increases Crossfade's range and makes it easier to heal all your team without any concerns. This build has a smaller potential for making plays, and enables an easier and more defensive Lúcio playstyle.
All the Talents at Level 7 are good for this build. You can get Boombox to provide more vision to your team, and even heal them from distance. Reverse Amp is also a good option, since it will increase your damage and add little crowd control to Lúcio. Together with Off the Wall, Good Vibrations adds more resilience to Lúcio, and should be the choice if you are being focused by enemy team. Even though All Together gives Lúcio a much needed increased mobility, Slip is a good choice against dive compositions willing to kill you.
Lúcio's Synergies and Counters
Due to his low Health pool, Lúcio usually has a hard time if he gets Stunned and burst down quickly. Thus, Heroes like Varian or Anub'arak are serious threat for him. Besides those, Lúcio also has a hard time healing against Heroes with high range and single target damage, like Raynor or Sgt. Hammer.
Lucio does well on almost every Map, but he excels on Maps where having a decent waveclear is not a priority. Since Lúcio should be constantly dismounting or getting vision of enemy team, he will not be able to speed his team up in the early game. Furthermore, he is an excellent pick in Battlefield of Eternity, due to the quantity of corridors created by impassable terrain around Objective and the capability to knock someone towards an Immortal's Stun, just like Alarak does.
Lúcio's Tips and Tricks
- Frequently switch between Crossfade - Healing Boost and Crossfade - Speed Boost according to the situation you find yourself in.
- When an ally is chased by enemies, Crossfade - Speed Boost is the better choice to guarantee their survival.
- While chasing or retreating, make sure to use Lúcio's Wall Ride Trait to your advantage, as it provides a significant Movement Speed bonus.
- While rotating from one lane to another, combine Amp It Up and Crossfade - Speed Boost.
- Soundwave is a great Ability to disrupt enemy momentum. It should be used when a melee enemy uses an offensive Ability, like when a Thrall uses Windfury, or when Greymane uses Darkflight. Due to Lúcio's small healing potential in the early game, doing this is crucial to protect your teammates against these Heroes.
- Push Off can be either used offensively or defensively; try to only use it forward when you have other Abilities to peel yourself after it.
- Use High Five on a safe Hero before using it on an advanced ally, so you do not get Stunned before saving the ally Hero in danger.
Lúcio's Role in the Current Meta
Due to his outstanding mobility that allows him to harass enemies or accelerate the rotation speed of his allies, Lúcio is a good choice on most Maps. He excels against area of effect damage, due to his passive and sustain healing to all allies. However, we do want to highlight the high skill ceiling when it comes to playing Lúcio efficiently. He requires good game sense to determine when to play aggressively and when to remain defensive.
Lúcio maintains a fairly even power level throughout the game, which makes him a decent Hero during the early, mid, and late game. After acquiring his Level 16 and Level 20 Talents, he becomes one of the most solid late-game Healers with incredible healing numbers.
Due to the way his kit works, Lúcio is strong at enabling his fellow team members. Thus, we recommend being a team player at all times in order to unleash his true potential. Experienced Lúcio players will spend most of their time in the early game being annoying to the opposing team, by either dismounting, using Soundwave, or just by getting vision of them.
- 30 Jan. 2022 (talents page): Level 13's Talent recommendations updated.
- 30 Jan. 2022 (this page): Updated Advanced Build.
- 24 Jul. 2021 (talents page): Builds and Talents updated after recent balance patch.
- 24 Jul. 2021 (this page): Guide updated after recent balance patch.
- 04 Jun. 2021 (talents page): Updated Talents and builds to ensure meta relevance.
- 04 Jun. 2021 (this page): Guide updated to ensure meta relevance.
- 16 Apr. 2021 (this page): Updated Advanced Build.
- 21 Jan. 2021 (talents page): Updated Talents and builds after recent balance patch.
- 21 Jan. 2021 (abilities page): Updated High Five's description.
- 21 Jan. 2021 (this page): Guide updated after recent balance patch.
- 21 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Updated Smooth Moves's discussion.
- 30 Jul. 2020 (this page): Changed Level 4 Talent choice for Crossfade Build.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (this page): Updated the guide to reflect current meta.
- 10 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Updated builds and Talents to better reflect current meta.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Revised the guide and found it to be still up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (this page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Lucio's talents and builds in accordance with his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Lucio's abilities section in accordance wih his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (this page): Updated Lucio's introduction for his latest rework.
- 05 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Removed We Move Together (the talent was removed from the game last week), leaving Accelerando the only recommended talent at Level 1.
- 26 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Changed talents at Level 7 and updated Lucio's Sound Barrier Build.
- 11 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Maximum Tempo and Reverse Amp to Not Recommended.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Removed the Reverse Amp Build.
- 14 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Can't Stop Won't Stop from Not Recommended to Recommended and changed Back in the Mix from Recommended to Situational.
- 11 May 2017 (talents page): Removed Heliotropics.
- 12 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Changed the evaluation of Accelerando from not recommended to recommended.
- 11 Apr. 2017 (this page): Changed the level 1 talent recommendation in the Sound Barrier build to Accelerando.
- 18 Feb. 2017 (this page): Lúcio guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: November 16th
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List
- Howe accurate is hotslogs/heroesprofile hidden QM MMR?
- Heroes of the Storm Probius
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List