Lúcio Build Guide “Let's drop the beat.”
Welcome to our guide for Lúcio, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Lucio is a very mobile ranged Healer, who is capable of boosting his allies' Movement Speed and healing them over time. His unique Wall Ride ability and its passive component allows him to skate along impassable Terrain, causing him to become a very elusive Hero for the enemy team to catch.
Lúcio's Strengths and Weaknesses
Lúcio's Talent Build Cheatsheet
The Advanced Build is aimed at experienced Lucio players. In order to get value from Talents such as Accelerando and Smooth Moves, you should be playing more offensively, by either abusing Accelerando's increased movement speed to Harass enemies, or by constantly attacking and sustaining yourself through Smooth Moves. Talents like Subwoofer or Heavy Casters require more experience from to be properly used.
Accelerando takes some practice to maintain the boost constantly up, but once you get used to it, you will feel the difference it makes. Smooth Moves at level 1 is also good, since it allows you to be more offensive and take some damage for your team. Every option is decent at level 4, pick it considering your next talents. Go for Supersonic if you are going to get Heavy Casters (should be done against Heroes punished by stuns). Even though Off the Wall is excellent with Good Vibrations, it can still be picked without it, since the Talent is good by itself. At level 20, Mixing Fire should be picked if you got High Five, while Summer Anthem when enemy got a wombo combo composition. House Party will be good against compositions without much burst. Bossa Nova can be an option if your team is dying before the fight starts, since the Cooldown Reduction is very noticeable.
The Crossfade Build is directly aimed for the novice Lucio players, since it increases Crossfade's range and makes it easier to heal all your team without any concerns. This build has a smaller potential for making plays, and enables an easier and more defensive Lucio playstyle.
All the Talents at level 7 are good for this build. You can get Boombox to provide more vision to your team, and even heal them from distance. Reverse Amp is also a good option, since it will increase your damage and add little crowd control to Lucio. Together with Off the Wall, Good Vibrations adds more resilience to Lucio, and should be the choice if you are being focused by enemy team. Even though All Together gives Lucio a much needed increased mobility, Slip is a good choice against dive compositions willing to kill you.
Lúcio's Synergies and Counters
Lucio enables various types of Heroes. He performs very well with high health Warriors, such as Arthas or Diablo due to his Rejuvenescência Talent at Level 16. Lucio's AoE Movement Speed also synergizes very well with Assassins like Greymane who will have a much easier time sticking to their targets.
Due to his low health pool, Lucio usually has a hard time if he gets Stunned and burst down quickly. Thus, Heroes like Varian or Anub'arak are serious threat for him. Besides those, Lucio also has a hard time healing against Heroes with high range and single target damage, like Raynor or Sgt. Hammer.
Lucio does well on almost every battleground, but he excels in maps where having a decent waveclear is not a priority. Since Lucio should be constantly dismounting or getting vision of enemy team, he will not be able to speed his team up in the early game. Furthermore, he is an excellent pick in Battlefield of Eternity, due to the quantity of walls around objective and the capability to push someone towards a boss stun, just like Alarak does.
Lúcio's Tips and Tricks
- Frequently switch between Crossfade - Healing Boost and Crossfade - Speed Boost according to the situation you find yourself in.
- When an ally is chased by enemies, Crossfade - Speed Boost is the better choice to guarantee their survival.
- While chasing or retreating, make sure to use Lucio's Wall Ride Trait to your advantage, as it provides a significant Movement Speed bonus.
- While rotating from one lane to another, combine Amp It Up and Crossfade - Speed Boost.
- Soundwave is a great ability to disrupt enemy momentum. It should be used when a melee enemy uses an offensive Ability, like when a Thrall uses Windfury, or when Greymane uses Darkflight. Due to Lucio's small healing potential in the early game, doing this is crucial to protect your teammates against these Heroes.
- Push Off can be either used offensively or defensively; try to only use it forward when you have other abilities to peel yourself after it.
Lucio's Role in the Current Meta
Due to his outstanding mobility that allows him to harass enemies or accelerate the rotation speed of his allies, Lucio is a good choice in most maps. He excels against AoE damage, due to his passive and sustained healing to all allies. However, we do want to highlight the high skill ceiling when it comes to playing Lucio efficiently. He requires good game sense to determine when to play aggressively and when to remain defensive.
Lucio maintains a fairly even power level throughout the game, which makes him a decent Hero during the early, mid, and late game. After acquiring his Level 16 and Level 20 talents, he becomes one of the most solid late-game Healers with incredible healing numbers.
Due to the way his kit works, Lucio is strong at enabling his fellow team members. Thus, we recommend being a team player at all times in order to unleash his true potential. Experienced Lucio players will spend most of their time in the early game being annoying to the opposing team, by either dismounting, using Soundwave, or just by getting vision of them.
- 30 Jul. 2020 (this page): Changed Level 4 Talent choice for Crossfade Build.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (this page): Updated the guide to reflect current meta.
- 10 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Updated builds and Talents to better reflect current meta.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (this page): Revised the guide and found it still being up-to-date.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Revised the guide and found it to be still up-to-date.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Lucio's talents and builds in accordance with his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Lucio's abilities section in accordance wih his latest rework.
- 28 Mar. 2019 (this page): Updated Lucio's introduction for his latest rework.
- 05 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Removed We Move Together (the talent was removed from the game last week), leaving Accelerando the only recommended talent at Level 1.
- 26 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Changed talents at Level 7 and updated Lucio's Sound Barrier Build.
- 11 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Maximum Tempo and Reverse Amp to Not Recommended.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Removed the Reverse Amp Build.
- 14 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Can't Stop Won't Stop from Not Recommended to Recommended and changed Back in the Mix from Recommended to Situational.
- 11 May 2017 (talents page): Removed Heliotropics.
- 12 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Changed the evaluation of Accelerando from not recommended to recommended.
- 11 Apr. 2017 (this page): Changed the level 1 talent recommendation in the Sound Barrier build to Accelerando.
- 18 Feb. 2017 (this page): Lúcio guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Summoning: Diablo 4 Announcement Cinematic Trailer Parody
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: July 15th
- Climate Phenomena Nexus Anomaly Removed from the Game
- Upcoming Heroes of the Storm AMA: July 16th
- Diablo 2 Gameplay AI Upscaled to 4K, 60 FPS
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?