Lúcio Build Guide “Let's drop the beat.”
Welcome to our guide for Lúcio, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Lúcio's Overview
Lúcio is a very mobile ranged Support, who is capable of boosting his allies' Movement Speed and healing them over time. His unique Wall Ride Trait allows him to skate along impassable Terrain, causing him to become a very elusive Hero for the enemy team to catch.
2. Lúcio's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Outstanding mobility
- Strong late game healing
- Attacks while moving
- Two viable Heroic Abilities
- Can be played as both solo and secondary Support
- Very poor waveclear
- Cannot solo a lane by himself
- Low health pool makes him susceptible to Stuns and Slows
- Requires good multitasking and map awareness
3. Lúcio's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sound Barrier BuildTalent calculator »
The Sound Barrier Build shares multiple talents with the Reverse Amp Build, however, with its massive shields it focuses more on Lucio's defensive capabilities. Keep in mind that Back in the Mix is a strong but situational talent, which we recommend against multiple Stuns and Silences. If the enemy team has a lot of those crowd control effects, Back in the Mix can be a worthy alternative choice. Bonus Track at Level 20 is a powerful upgrade that complements Lucio's late game power-spike allowing him to use Amp It Up on his Healing Boost twice.
4. Lúcio's Synergies and Counters
Lucio enables various types of Heroes. He performs very well with high health Warriors, such as Arthas or Diablo due to his Rejuvenescência Talent at Level 16. Lucio's AoE Movement Speed also synergizes very well with Assassins like Greymane who will have a much easier time sticking to their targets.
5. Lúcio's Maps
Lucio does well on almost every battleground except for Braxis Holdout or Haunted Mines due to his poor waveclear. However, on maps that require strong early game rotations, such as Blackheart's Bay or Dragon Shire, his strong mobility can make a big difference.
6. Lúcio's Tips and Tricks
- Frequently switch between Crossfade - Healing Boost and Crossfade - Speed Boost according to the situation you find yourself in.
- When an ally is chased by enemies, Crossfade - Speed Boost is the better choice to guarantee their survival.
- If the enemy team composition features multiple sources of Stuns and Silences, Back in the Mix at Level 16 becomes a very useful talent.
- While chasing or retreating, make sure to use Lucio's Wall Ride Trait to your advantage, as it provides a 20% Movement Speed bonus.
- While rotating from one lane to another, combine Amp It Up and Crossfade - Speed Boost.
7. Lucio's Role in the Current Meta
Lúcio maintains a fairly even power level throughout the game, which makes him a decent Hero during the early, mid, and late game. After acquiring his Level 16 and Level 20 talents, he becomes one of the most solid late game Supports with incredible healing numbers.
Due to the way his kit works, Lúcio is strong at enabling his fellow teammembers. Thus, we recommend being a team player at all times in order to unleash his true potential. Depending on whether the enemy team composition focuses on burst heavy ranged Assassins like Li-Ming or Kael'thas or not should have an impact on Lúcio's Heroic Ability choice. If they do, Sound Barrier proves to be a valuable counter tool. If they do not, Reverse Amp can greatly harm enemy priority targets.
- 05 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Removed We Move Together (the talent was removed from the game last week), leaving Accelerando the only recommended talent at Level 1.
- 26 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Changed talents at Level 7 and updated Lucio's Sound Barrier Build.
- 11 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Maximum Tempo and Reverse Amp to Not Recommended.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Removed the Reverse Amp Build.
- 14 May 2017 (talents page): Changed Can't Stop Won't Stop from Not Recommended to Recommended and changed Back in the Mix from Recommended to Situational.
- 11 May 2017 (talents page): Removed Heliotropics.
- 12 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Changed the evaluation of Accelerando from not recommended to recommended.
- 11 Apr. 2017 (this page): Changed the level 1 talent recommendation in the Sound Barrier build to Accelerando.
- 18 Feb. 2017 (this page): Lúcio guide added.
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update: January 23rd
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 22nd
- Weekly Brawl - Garden Arena: January 18th
- Heroic Deals: January 22nd
- Imperius Meta Tier List (January 2019)
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 15th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Heroes of the Storm Sylvanas
- Heroes of the Storm - Your Momma's Joke
- Heroes of the Storm Lunara
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Imperius
- New tactic idea
- Laptop charger disconnecting when playing HOTS
- Heroes of the Storm Hanzo