FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
monkeygin

DPS Help? 92% Parse at 878, 65% at 888?? 52% at 889?

Hey,

I used to be proud of my parses, doing 85-90%+ parses at ilvl 878 or so. Since then I've geared up and feel like my stats are in the right place (though mastery could be a bit higher). Now I'm parsing at 52-65% even though I don't think I'm doing anything majorly different with my rotation, and I even have the 2pc t19...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, please take a look if you have some time.

Warcraft logs (star augus). I'm "Monkeygin":
878 (12 days ago):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Fmyb9vAdZ3jwgc1K#fight=8&type=damage-done&view=analytical

888 (5 days ago):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DxF7bgy8V9Q1cjWp#fight=23&type=damage-done

889 (yesterday):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tMm3LgWVDG1cCy8b#view=analytical&type=damage-done

(I held my meta burst for bloodlust to try it out... didn't work out so well it seems.)

Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Monkeygin/advanced

Thanks

Edited by monkeygin
Edited links.

mastery could be about 10 % higher i currently run 28% crit 19% haste and 49% mastery and im parsing some fights in the 94% bracket. with 2 set you will slowly start seeing haste become more viable..and if you get anger of half giants and 4 set haste will overtake mastery on most fights. other than that id just say keep plugging away trying to get more mastery and drop some of the vers in the mean time

You alway need to take into account who you are compared with. All the Top Demon Hunters never went into NH with item level 878. When nighthold opened I had a 879 Iitem level and I raid just once a week Heroic content and doing some M+ Runs.
So getting strong results below 880 or even 885 was pretty easy.

Now I moved to 899 and for many encounters I drop from purple to blue, not because I play worse then before, but because now I am compared against the top once. Even when they are now in the 900 + bracket, at one point they were in the same bracket I am currently in, and that counts for you, too.

It will get even worse for some encounters, when you play the scorpion not 'LFR Style' meaning tanking at the cave whole pulling all adds, you will never get in the top zone, because you have less DPS, less Hits and less Activity.
Same with Chrono, where the top groups nuke it down in 1.5 minutes. As Demon hunter with the legy belt you make like 2 Million on pull, but the DPS will drop once the Buffs fade and you will end up with your average DPS after 3 minutes.
If the fight ends up sooner, you still will be in the high DPS count.

If you want to improve and compare yourself, don't go with the percentages of the bracket, compare for this page with all sub taps to others:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tMm3LgWVDG1cCy8b#view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Vengeance Demon Hunter Leveling Guide.
    • By Skaboy
      <Fun is for Casuals> is a serious but casual horde guild on US-Hyjal. We are serious about raiding without the intense hours. Even when recruitment status is none, we will accept exceptional applications for all classes.
      Our raid times are Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30PM to 8:30PM server (PST) with raid invitations sent out a few minutes prior to that.
      We're interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      Raid attendance is essential. We don't want people sitting on the bench but we also want to make sure we're raiding 6 hours per week. We expect you to be available for at least 90% of our raids. Be on time and prepared for raids. This includes flasks and other consumables. Discord is mandatory and a working mic is desired. You're appropriately geared for our current content. Effort and thought have been put into your gear/gem/enchant choices. You wouldn't show up for a job interview looking like a *filtered*, why would you apply to a guild with improper gems or some insane spec? You're up to date with your class. We expect our raiders to perform to the best of their abilities. You have a computer that's not run with hamster power or requires a hand crank. Some encounters are taxing on a computer's resources so if your toon can't even handle Orgrimmar it's not likely to do well with 20+ whelps that need AOE'ing. You may be interested in us because:
       <Fun is for Casuals> uses the personal loot system. There is no loot council, or DKP. We won't eat your babies the first time you stand in something you have no business being in. Repeatedly do it and we'll break out the bibs and BBQ sauce. We provide a limited amount of consumables and flasks on hard mode raid nights.  Discord isn't a circus during raids. We're focused on the job at hand and you should be too. We don't want someone to miss a an interrupt because they were distracted by fart jokes. We are not interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      You roll on BoE items then sell them. Unwilling/unable to spend an entire evening on one boss during progression. While this is rare, it can happen. Drama queens. If you have a problem bring it up to E. This is his job. Don't announce it in guild chat or during a raid. Your issue will have nothing to do with 99% of the guild. You are 17 or younger. We try to keep guild and discord chat PG-13 but occasionally a few four letter words appear out of nowhere. Additionally, we don't want someone's mom interrupting their raiding to get homework or the dishes done. Follow the instructions at https://gow.gg/fun-is-for-casuals under the Recruitment tab if you would like to apply.
    • By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By Velovictus
      Heyas all!
      Here's a short music video paying homage to all the Vengeance Demon Hunters out there, Much Love!