Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.2 - All Legendary Item Changes

Recommended Posts

pf9rdGx.jpg

We've been covering changes to Legendary items in Patch 7.2 since the early builds of the patch. Over time, we learned a lot of interesting changes, including, but not limited to functionality, bad luck protection, Legendary targeting and crafted Legendary items.

This is a summary of all changes so far.

Bad Luck Protection

  • Will no longer be class-based, but spec-based
    • The system evaluates how many Legendary items you acquired per spec
      • If you have, let's say, 2 Legendary items for Enhancement and 0 for Restoration, the game will handle bad luck as if you didn't have any Legendary items yet when you switch to Restoration.
      • On the other hand, if you have a shared Legendary item (beneficial to several specs) and one for Enhancement, the game will handle it as though you had 1 when you switch to Restoration.

Crafted Legendary Items

  • Introduced to keep Professions relevant
  • Based on the latest Q/A, they should be solid "mid choices" (they're not supposed to be best Legendaries you can get)
  • The hunt for patterns begins with the quest Fashion History and a Philosophy of Style available to Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and Tailoring.
  • Nethershard EssenceNethershard Essence is a material needed to craft a single Legendary item and can be purchased for  8,000 Nethershards.
  • Crafted Legendary items are BoE and can be sold / traded.

The following Legendary items can be crafted

Let's look at Vigilance PerchVigilance Perch. It increases your movement speed and at 5 stacks when out of combat, you turn into a spirit owl for one minute. When the effect ends, you take fall damage.

Legendary Items Targeting

Slot targeting is now available via Relinquished items that cost 5,000 Nethershards each. The items can be purchased from Thaumaturge Vashreen. You get Nethershards by participating in various 7.2 content such as demon assaults, scenarios, Legionfall world quests and by killing mobs/rare elites on the Broken Shore. Relinquished items may contain a Legendary item.

Legendary Item Changes

  • Level requirement has been lowered to Level 101 (down from 110)

Several Legendary items have undergone changes as opposed to how they work now live. Below is a list of Legendaries with changed functionality (affixes)

Shared

  • Norgannon's ForesightNorgannon's Foresight -  Standing still for 8 6 sec grants you Foresight, allowing you to cast while moving for 5 4 sec. This duration begins when you start moving.

Death Knight

Mage

Monk

Paladin

  • Justice GazeJustice Gaze -  Hammer of JusticeHammer of Justice deals (600% of weapon damage) Holy damage, generates 1 Holy Power, and has 75% reduced cooldown when used against an enemy above 75% health.

Warlock

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This does not make sense.  If a legendary item can be shared between 2 different spec of the same class.  most likely it is not BiS.  Why punish people with worse legendary on even their alt specs.  I think allowing people to exchange 2 legendary to target 1 BiS makes the most sense at this point of the game.  Do I really have to re-roll my monk just to get a better legendary or farm the new targeting mechanism?  Sux.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NAUTII said:

This does not make sense.  If a legendary item can be shared between 2 different spec of the same class.  most likely it is not BiS.  Why punish people with worse legendary on even their alt specs.  I think allowing people to exchange 2 legendary to target 1 BiS makes the most sense at this point of the game.  Do I really have to re-roll my monk just to get a better legendary or farm the new targeting mechanism?  Sux.

Compare to someone who is switching main specs (but not class):
Suppose you have 5 or 6 legendaries (maybe 1 or 2 are shared ones) for your old main spec.  With the current system, getting legendaries for your new spec is the same chance as getting them for your old spec, or rather, the chance of getting a 6th or 7th.  With the new system, this makes it so that the chance of getting a legendary for your new main spec is now the chance of getting your 2nd or 3rd, which is most likely much higher than your 6th or 7th.  Also, the chance of getting your "BiS" legendary is the same still, that's not changing.  For Monks specifically, there's only 3 legendaries that are shared between all 3 specs: Sephuz Secret, Prydaz, and Cinidaria.  Sure having Cinidaria as Mistweaver isn't exactly the best thing, but getting set back by 1 (or 3, at a max) Legendary out of 25 total Monk legendaries is MUCH better than being set back by 5-6 (from our above scenario, and very easily more).

 

Overall, I like this change, as it makes it much easier to switch between specs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest issue is I now have 3 Legendaries for my DH on Havoc and have only played havoc and managed to snag the ring (our BiS), symbiote, and the bracers..  The bracers are situational, symbiote is like a 3% overall gain so not a ton..  And with the convergence of fates trinket the new shoulders they added in 7.1.5 (Delusions of Grandeur) easily become our BiS with the trinket because it essentially allows our Meta line up with out 2 min CD's every cycle..  I am already getting penalized on drop rate going for a 4th Legendary and I may get screwed and get a "shared" one on my next drop and this change to the system doesn't help demon hunters at all because we only have 2 specs.. so if it takes me until like my 7th legendary to get my shoulders i may never see them..  My only hope is the relinquished items in 7.2 which by the time that drops I am sure it's gonna take a metric ton of shards to "target" the shoulder slot until I get them.  Meaning it still might be more efficient to reroll a new toon...

Edited by archangel890

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, archangel890 said:

My biggest issue is I now have 3 Legendaries for my DH on Havoc and have only played havoc and managed to snag the ring (our BiS), symbiote, and the bracers..  The bracers are situational, symbiote is like a 3% overall gain so not a ton..  And with the convergence of fates trinket the new shoulders they added in 7.1.5 (Delusions of Grandeur) easily become our BiS with the trinket because it essentially allows our Meta line up with out 2 min CD's every cycle..  I am already getting penalized on drop rate going for a 4th Legendary and I may get screwed and get a "shared" one on my next drop and this change to the system doesn't help demon hunters at all because we only have 2 specs.. so if it takes me until like my 7th legendary to get my shoulders i may never see them..  My only hope is the relinquished items in 7.2 which by the time that drops I am sure it's gonna take a metric ton of shards to "target" the shoulder slot until I get them.  Meaning it still might be more efficient to reroll a new toon...

So, you're complaining that you don't have your BiS legendary.  The changes don't change your drop rate for your current/main spec, it only increases the drop rate for your off spec(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orthios said:

Compare to someone who is switching main specs (but not class):
Suppose you have 5 or 6 legendaries (maybe 1 or 2 are shared ones) for your old main spec.  With the current system, getting legendaries for your new spec is the same chance as getting them for your old spec, or rather, the chance of getting a 6th or 7th.  With the new system, this makes it so that the chance of getting a legendary for your new main spec is now the chance of getting your 2nd or 3rd, which is most likely much higher than your 6th or 7th.  Also, the chance of getting your "BiS" legendary is the same still, that's not changing.  For Monks specifically, there's only 3 legendaries that are shared between all 3 specs: Sephuz Secret, Prydaz, and Cinidaria.  Sure having Cinidaria as Mistweaver isn't exactly the best thing, but getting set back by 1 (or 3, at a max) Legendary out of 25 total Monk legendaries is MUCH better than being set back by 5-6 (from our above scenario, and very easily more).

 

Overall, I like this change, as it makes it much easier to switch between specs now.

Sure you can say you like the change if you're one of the few people fortunate enough to have only ever gotten spec-specific legendaries, however given just how many classes/specs also have the same amount of shared legendaries, if not more (sometimes a bit less), a -huge- amount of people will never benefit from that whatsoever. Arguably the ones who may benefit from it the most.

People who got lucky and only got spec-specific legendaries so far (which likely includes at least one of their BiS, I have 4 legendaries and my spec has 5 spec-specific) reap the benefits by having an easier time hopefully getting spec legendaries for an off-spec, while those who got the shitty healing legs or Sephuz's secret on Feral druid don't even have the option to swap to another spec to try again. The design is flawed, gap in power grows bigger, if you got lucky you are rewarded by better luck in the future, and if you got unlucky, you don't. That's really backwards considering the entire idea of bad luck protection.

Shared legendaries need to be on their own bad luck protection/drop rate pool.

Edited by Ammako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Sure you can say you like the change if you're one of the few people fortunate enough to have only ever gotten spec-specific legendaries, however given just how many classes/specs also have the same amount of shared legendaries, if not more (sometimes a bit less), a -huge- amount of people will never benefit from that whatsoever. Arguably the ones who may benefit from it the most.

People who got lucky and only got spec-specific legendaries so far (which likely includes at least one of their BiS, I have 4 legendaries and my spec has 5 spec-specific) reap the benefits by having an easier time hopefully getting spec legendaries for an off-spec, while those who got the shitty healing legs or Sephuz's secret on Feral druid don't even have the option to swap to another spec to try again. The design is flawed, gap in power grows bigger, if you got lucky you are rewarded by better luck in the future, and if you got unlucky, you don't. That's really backwards considering the entire idea of bad luck protection.

Shared legendaries need to be on their own bad luck protection/drop rate pool.

If all you've gotten is shared legendaries, then all of your specs have an equal chance of getting a spec specific one, and getting one doesn't detract or lower your chances of getting one for a different spec.  Again, this has 0 effect whatsoever on your main spec, only for your off specs.  For people who play multiple specs often, then this is a beneficial change no matter what legendaries you've gotten.  If all you've gotten is spec specific legendaries, yes, this is a rather large buff to getting off spec legendaries compared to getting shared legendaries.  

Using your Feral example:

Before this change - You have 2 options: Keep trying for your 3rd legendary for Feral or switch to another spec and try for a 3rd legendary for it (which has the same drop rate/chance as your one for Feral does, and when you do, your chances for getting a Feral one drops as well).

After - Again, 2 options: Keep trying for your 3rd legendary for Feral or switch to another spec and try for your 2nd for it (since sephuz is shared, but the healing legs are not).  Getting a 2nd legendary is "faster"/"easier" than getting a 3rd.  So yes, you do have that option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Orthios said:

If all you've gotten is shared legendaries, then all of your specs have an equal chance of getting a spec specific one, and getting one doesn't detract or lower your chances of getting one for a different spec.  Again, this has 0 effect whatsoever on your main spec, only for your off specs.  For people who play multiple specs often, then this is a beneficial change no matter what legendaries you've gotten.  If all you've gotten is spec specific legendaries, yes, this is a rather large buff to getting off spec legendaries compared to getting shared legendaries.  

Using your Feral example:

Before this change - You have 2 options: Keep trying for your 3rd legendary for Feral or switch to another spec and try for a 3rd legendary for it (which has the same drop rate/chance as your one for Feral does, and when you do, your chances for getting a Feral one drops as well).

After - Again, 2 options: Keep trying for your 3rd legendary for Feral or switch to another spec and try for your 2nd for it (since sephuz is shared, but the healing legs are not).  Getting a 2nd legendary is "faster"/"easier" than getting a 3rd.  So yes, you do have that option.8

You really didnt understand what Ammako meant (example with hunters, since Im familiar with them):

The hypothetical situation: You have been playing MM, but now that BM performs similarly you want to switch to BM because you like it more.

Case A: You have 3 shared ones (voodoo mask, roots, sephuz), so your chance for getting your first BM one will be low.

Case B: You have 3 MM legendaries (bracers, gloves, ring), so your chance for getting your first BM one will be high.

Now I would argue that Case B is already luckier than Case A, since those legendaries improve your DPS already, and now you get "rewarded" by getting BM legendaries easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, archangel890 said:

My biggest issue is I now have 3 Legendaries for my DH on Havoc and have only played havoc and managed to snag the ring (our BiS), symbiote, and the bracers..  The bracers are situational, symbiote is like a 3% overall gain so not a ton..  And with the convergence of fates trinket the new shoulders they added in 7.1.5 (Delusions of Grandeur) easily become our BiS with the trinket because it essentially allows our Meta line up with out 2 min CD's every cycle..  I am already getting penalized on drop rate going for a 4th Legendary and I may get screwed and get a "shared" one on my next drop and this change to the system doesn't help demon hunters at all because we only have 2 specs.. so if it takes me until like my 7th legendary to get my shoulders i may never see them..  My only hope is the relinquished items in 7.2 which by the time that drops I am sure it's gonna take a metric ton of shards to "target" the shoulder slot until I get them.  Meaning it still might be more efficient to reroll a new toon...

Shoulders are not BiS. You're losing out on a shoulder slot, a trinket slot, AND a relic slot to make it line up, where good pieces in all of those slots with a different legendary will make more of a dps gain.  I believe cinidaria is best for single target other than ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people who play multiple specs this is not beneficial -at all- if you even just have -two- shared legendaries who have a good chance of not contributing much to your dps, because the change will literally do nothing for you, at all, nada.

So good luck with trying a new spec because you've used up your odds on your first two legendaries already.

Mr Lucky who got MM boots + War Belt + MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer? Gets rewarded with an even easier time getting more legendaries if they switch to an off-spec. They might end up with Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask or Roots of Shaldrassil, as they might end up with very important BM/SV legendaries. At the original 1st/2nd legendary rate.

Mr Unlucky who got Mask+Roots as their first? And let's say for good measure they have Sephuz's Secret as their third. They're beyond saving no matter which spec they'd choose to try afterwards.

This is completely backwards and I can't believe I have to say it again. There's supposed to be bad luck protection, so let's reward the luckiest players with even more, while the unluckiest get to stay at the bottom even more? I've said it already and I'll say it again this does nothing to help close the gap between lucky players and unlucky players. It only makes it worse.

In layman's term let's say you get your first legendary in 1 week, your second in 2 weeks, and every other after every 3 weeks.

Mr Lucky who got 3 BiS spec-specific first has 3 legendaries after 6 weeks, and Mr Unlucky who has Mask+Roots+Sephuz also has 3 after 6 weeks. Who do you think has the (massive) advantage in this situation?

Then Mr Lucky switches to BM, and gets another legendary the week after, and another two weeks later. So they have 5 after 9 weeks.

Mr Unlucky only has 4 after those 9 weeks.

Let's say after switching to BM, Mr. Lucky gets two BM-specific legendaries. After 9 weeks, they switch to SV. They now have 7 legendaries after their 12th week, including legendaries that make both their MM and BM specs much more powerful. Which legendaries they get for SV won't affect any odds anymore so I'll stop there, but they'll have 9 legendaries after 15 weeks.

Mr Unlucky, after 12 weeks, only has 5. Given that there are 10 legendaries available per spec there is no guarantee they even have any of their BiS yet either. They could have Mask + Roots + Sephuz + Prydaz + Blasting cap launcher for all you know, and there's nothing they can do about it by changing to another spec and hoping that their off-spec goes better. After 15 weeks they'll have 6, at which point they -might- be starting to get good ones. Might.

Your argument, which is the same senseless thing the blues on the official forums seem to think is logical, is that "your shared legendaries work for all specs so by default you're already better off."

Tell me, how much dps does Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask contrinute to any spec? (ps: tier helmet is BiS)

How much dps do Roots of Shaldrassil contribute to any spec? (ps: tier legs are BiS)

If you have one of those legendaries, chances are you're using it as a stat stick and that's the main benefit you get from it. My MM-specific legendaries have that same stat-stick value for BM/MM. Yet only the shared legendary gets punished even thougb I'd benefit far more from wearing Zevrim's Hunger as BM than I would wearing Roots of Shaldrassil. See the point?

The whole system is backwards, makes no sense, and at the very least needs to have shared legendaries on a separate table.

Edited by Ammako

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'm hearing is complaints that you don't have BiS and about RNG being RNG.  People get lucky and people get unlucky.  That's the way the game works, and if you don't like it, then you have every opportunity to leave and stop playing.

1 hour ago, Ammako said:

Tell me, how much dps does Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask contrinute to any spec? (ps: tier helmet is BiS)

How much dps do Roots of Shaldrassil contribute to any spec? (ps: tier legs are BiS)

PS: They're better than Windwalker Bracers (Drinking Horn Cover) at the start of the expansion.  Why you ask?  Because you still get some sort of benefit from them, even if it doesn't increase your dps, it does help your survivability.  Before 7.1.5, DHC was quite literally the worst legendary in the game, since every WW Monk in their right mind used Serenity since it was just sooooo much better than Whirling Dragon Punch or Chi Orbit.  And guess what, DHC doesn't effect Serenity (not until 7.2 that is) AND has our 2 worst stats, Haste and Crit (as of pre-7.1.5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Orthios said:

All I'm hearing is complaints that you don't have BiS and about RNG being RNG.  People get lucky and people get unlucky.  That's the way the game works, and if you don't like it, then you have every opportunity to leave and stop playing.

PS: They're better than Windwalker Bracers (Drinking Horn Cover) at the start of the expansion.  Why you ask?  Because you still get some sort of benefit from them, even if it doesn't increase your dps, it does help your survivability.  Before 7.1.5, DHC was quite literally the worst legendary in the game, since every WW Monk in their right mind used Serenity since it was just sooooo much better than Whirling Dragon Punch or Chi Orbit.  And guess what, DHC doesn't effect Serenity (not until 7.2 that is) AND has our 2 worst stats, Haste and Crit (as of pre-7.1.5).

Why are we even talking about the start of the expansion? This is about a change planned to 7.2.

Also this change makes unlucky players even worse off, while good design should give you a way to mitigate bad RNG. You could argue that the relinquished items help with that, but this change makes it only worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ammako is spot on, this system primarily favors those who were already lucky with spec only legendaries. People who have any of the mediocre shared legendaries (eg.. Prydaz and Sephuz) now get their bad luck spread to off-specs with this change and the lucky folks who had the better spec only legendaries have better chances for OS legendaries. I can see Blizz's dilemma in this too though because some shared legendaries actually do perform well across a lot of specs like the Kil'jaden's trinket.

The best solution I've seen is the option for us to destroy 2 legendaries of our choice in exchange for a random new legendary (would have to be guaranteed not to be one of the two you destroy or a duplicate of any others you had). 

Another idea depending on how their bad luck protection formula works... They could tag the least desirable shared legos in a 'blacklist' and those would only count against your bad luck protection half as much as a normal one would. This would allow those with 2 crappy shared legos to only count as 1 against them and they'd still have some improved chances at getting a lego for OS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utility shared legiondaries shouldn't count towards any spec-total. They should be account-wide heirlooms. No one is excited to get Prydaz or Sephuz, even when its decent for their spec.

Shared legiondaries also shouldn't count towards the spec total. The spec total ought to be completely separate, period. Anyone who has a character they play regularly since the launch of the expansion should not be crossing their fingers at this point to get a spec-specific legiondary, let alone their spec's best legiondary.

This system is bad. 7.2 doesn't even begin to fix it, apparently only makes it worse. I didn't think it was possible to make something this bad worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iocayne said:

Whats the name of the nameplate addon in this video (that shows just the mob health percentage number)?

It's EKplates. More info on the UI here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Ammako is spot on, this system primarily favors those who were already lucky with spec only legendaries. People who have any of the mediocre shared legendaries (eg.. Prydaz and Sephuz) now get their bad luck spread to off-specs with this change and the lucky folks who had the better spec only legendaries have better chances for OS legendaries. I can see Blizz's dilemma in this too though because some shared legendaries actually do perform well across a lot of specs like the Kil'jaden's trinket.

The best solution I've seen is the option for us to destroy 2 legendaries of our choice in exchange for a random new legendary (would have to be guaranteed not to be one of the two you destroy or a duplicate of any others you had). 

Another idea depending on how their bad luck protection formula works... They could tag the least desirable shared legos in a 'blacklist' and those would only count against your bad luck protection half as much as a normal one would. This would allow those with 2 crappy shared legos to only count as 1 against them and they'd still have some improved chances at getting a lego for OS.

Agreed on this.  I've seen people with the BiS legendaries and people who have the two worst General legendaries.  Unless bliz comes up with a way of class specific and not put general in them, this will create issues as the people with bad luck with continue to have bad luck and the people with good luck will continue to have good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2017 at 6:10 AM, saintshenanigans said:

Shoulders are not BiS. You're losing out on a shoulder slot, a trinket slot, AND a relic slot to make it line up, where good pieces in all of those slots with a different legendary will make more of a dps gain.  I believe cinidaria is best for single target other than ring.

According to spec guide posted here if you have the trinket and the should they easily outperform a lot of other things due to having CD's line up so well.. and really losing a shoulder slot isn't that big since the Delusions have our best stats already, and tier shoulders are not our BiS anyways.  And as far as trinket slots out best two are the Kara trinket and a stupidly high titanforged Withered Jim trinket or a high BTI from Mythic Ursoc, since I don't run mythic raids for me the Convergence of Fates at higher ilevel than most of the other stuff is a lot easier to obtain, and currently the only relics with higher ilevel I have been getting have been the meta CD reduction ones...  It all depends on your luck on what ends up being better..  Since really most of the trinkets out of NH aren't that great and consistent.. with the loot system of titanforging the way it is.. our BiS trinkets are almost completely assuming high titanforge lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10. 3. 2017 at 3:00 AM, hematome said:

Will there be more changes to current legendarys, or is this all they are changing. I could think of a few more that may need more tuning.

There will be more changes in the upcoming build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These new craftable legendary items are very mediocre, the only one that is worth crafting in my opinion is the plate belt if you're a tank. I can't see any other spec of any other armor class wanting any of these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Relinquished Items are more RNG crap, unless the % chance to obtain a Legendary is particularly high.

Now you're required to start gathering and investing resources, which is time in the game deliberately working towards the goal, only to potentially have that effort go for naught. If it's statistically unlike 49% or lower to receive one of those target-able items, are we really that much further ahead? Instead of just being randomly rewarded out of the blue, you're going to be even more disappointed when you buy 5, 10, 15, 20+ of these items and repeatedly get Epics you don't want/need. 

This feels like another carrot-on-a-stick approach that seemingly gives people what they want without actually giving them what they want.

Look forward to dozens of posts on IV and MMO-C about people opening dozens of these stupid items and not receiving the right item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      It seems we're getting a whole lot of Alterac Valley soon, as Classic is getting the 1.12 version in one of the latter content releases and we're getting the special 15th Anniversary edition on live servers in Patch 8.2.5 during the event! Today at midnight CEST there's another Play with the Blues event on the 8.2.5 PTR gathering all Valley enthusiasts and all you have to do is hop on to the PTR and use the Group Finder to jump in!

      You can get the high-rez versions of the two original mounts from the event, which you can check out here as well.
      Play with the Blues (source)
      Tomorrow 12:00 AM CEST, please join us on the 8.2.5 PTR for an old school Alterac Valley Play with the Blues.
      Starting promptly at 3:00 p.m. PDT, Blizzard employees will be testing our 15th Anniversary rendition of AV on the PTR, and you can join us for some strife in the Field of Strife.
      Please log into the PTR by that time and then open your Group Finder (default hotkey: i) and switch to the Player vs. Player tab. You’ll see Alterac Valley waiting for you to join.
      Afterward, please return to this thread with your feedback.
      Thank you!
    • By Stan
      The news image above is fan art created by Dogslug. You can find more of his work here.
      Blizzard mentioned multiple times that they would add Allied Races whenever they fit the story. The Horde's hottest candidates are currently the Vulpera of Vol'dun, even though their story doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now. Recent rumors suggest that Gilgoblins could be in the final pair of Horde Allied Races too.
      The Vulpera currently have too many unique animations, and they are a community-favorite. Pretty much every Horde player wants them to become playable. They're coming, and it's just a matter of when. We think the first set of Allied Races will be introduced in Patch 8.2.5 with the second one coming in Patch 8.3.5. Based on datamining, the Vulpera should be live on or before September 20th. You can find all their customization options here.

      On the other side of the spectrum, the Alliance will get Mechagnomes led by Prince Erazmin of Mechagon, but it's still not clear what the second race will be.

      Lightforged Forsaken led by Calia Menethil are a possibility based on the Before the Storm novel and Calia also received a new model in the initial Patch 8.2.5 build.
      Next up are Gilgoblins! We encounter them in zones like Vashj'ir and Nazjatar in Patch 8.2. They are a species of aquatic goblins created by Hobart Grapplehammer. Gilgoblins are very similar to traditional Goblins. They have various tattoos and fins on their arms to help them swim.

      Gilgoblins are currently not included in the game files as playable races as opposed to Mechagnomes and the Vulpera. They only exist as creatures.

      The female model has more customization options compared to the male model. Would you like to see them become playable in the future?

      We know that Blizzard wants to add more customization options to World of Warcraft, and a recent leak suggests that all Allied Races will become customization options in Patch 9.0 except for the Nightborne and the Vulpera. Let's see what the first set of Allied Races is going to be now that Patch 8.2 should hit Public Test Realms reasonably soon!
      TL;DR
      The first set of Allied Races (Mechagnomes/Vulpera) coming in Patch 8.2.5 on or before September 20th. The final set of Allied Races will include Gilgoblins and Lightforged Forsaken (based on the Before the Storm novel) in Patch 8.3.5. We know that Mechagnomes and the Vulpera are coming, but what about the second set of Allied Races?
    • By Stan
      We're one week away from WoW Classic launch. This week, you can get a piece of Heroic Palace armor from the weekly quest.
      Highlights
      Artifact Knowledge will continue to increase until October 1. Queen Azshara nerfs are now live ahead of Classic launch. The Classic development team conducted a Reddit AMA and shared more details about the intended player cap for dungeons and cleared some layering misconceptions. Read our recap of the AMA for a full summary of highlights! Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Fortified Sanguine Quaking Beguiling Weekly Quests
      Collect 36,000 Azerite from Island Expeditions for Azerite for the Alliance & Azerite for the Horde to receive 3,500 Azerite and 1,500 reputation with Honorbound/7th Legion. Complete 4 Mythic BfA Dungeons for Emissary of War to receive a cache which contains a piece of Heroic Eternal Palace gear. Nazjatar World Boss
      Players can kill Wekemara this week for ilvl 415 loot.
      Tidal Lurker's Greathelm Naga Ritualist's Mantle Spitcharged Shoulderguards Chestguard of the Submerged Belt of Rising Guardians Deepcaller's Clasp Serpentskin Splashers Wekemara's Warboots Shockbiter's Fang World Events
      Battle for Azeroth Dungeon Event (August 20th - August 27th)
      Blizzard (Source)
      The Battle for Azeroth Dungeons Bonus Event is underway!
      THIS WEEK
      All week, open Group Finder (default hotkey: I) to queue for any Battle for Azeroth dungeon on Normal or Heroic difficulty.
      Alternatively, get a group of veteran dungeoneers together and travel to one of the Battle for Azeroth dungeons on Mythic difficulty:
      Atal’Dazar Temple of Sethraliss The Underrot The MOTHERLODE!! Freehold Shrine of the Storm Tol Dagor Waycrest Manor Look for the following all week long:
      Chronicler Shoopa in Zuldazar or Chronicler Toopa in Boralus has a quest for you – Emissary of War. Or, if you forget to pick it up there, you can start it within the Adventure Journal. Quest requirement: Complete 4 Battle for Azeroth dungeons on Mythic difficulty. Rewards: One loot box containing a piece of gear from Heroic difficulty The Eternal Palace. Passive bonus: The final boss in each dungeon drop additional loot on all difficulties (except Mythic Keystone difficulties.) EVERY WEEK
      The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.
      PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard (August 20th -  August 27th)
      Blizzard (Source)

      Frozen Arathi Basin (Resource Race)
      Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow. You'll be racing your way between the farm, stables, mine, lumberyard, and blacksmith through piles of snow and over a - mostly - frozen lake. One more thing: the weather forecast calls for a bit of fog of war. We hope you're prepared for the weather.
    • By Stan
      Today's hotfixes come with a lot of nerfs to Queen Azshara. Vitality Conduit now correctly transfers health from a target with absorb shields, and more.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Dungeons and Raids
      Azshara’s Eternal Palace Queen Azshara When either Aethenel or Cyranus is slain on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty, there is now a 3-second delay before the other one gains the Torment buff. Azshara's Indomitable is now summoned 10 seconds later than previously observed on Mythic difficulty. Tidemistresses have 5% less health on Mythic difficulty. Fixed an issue where casting either Moonfire or Regrowth twice in a row while affected by Repeat Performance was not triggering the silence. Fixed a bug on Mythic difficulty where the damage effect from Deferred Sentence could trigger the healing reduction from Obey or Suffer right as the decrees transitioned between each other. Siege of Boralus  Corrected an issue where players’ pets were unable to attack the tentacles during the Viq’Goth encounter. Items
      Heart of Azeroth Vitality Conduit (Essence) correctly transfers health from a target with absorb shields on them. Learning new ranks of Conflict and Strife (Essence) should now properly grant achievements such as Power Up.
    • By Stan
      Artifact Knowledge will continue to increase each week until the week of October 1, according to Blizzard, despite the fact that in previous Seasons, it ended around the twelve-week mark.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Is this being cut off soon? Or are you leaving it on indefinitely?
      It’s been 8 weeks now, and 8.2 kicked off with 4 weeks of AK already calculated into the game, so in theory, we’ve had 12 weeks of AK at this point. AK ended around the 12-week mark in the prior seasons.
      This is an inquiry, I’m not asking that it be cut off. I think they should leave it on, but that wouldn’t fit the prior seasons.
      No to both questions. 🙂
      As things currently stand, Artifact Knowledge will continue to increase each week until the week of October 1.
×
×
  • Create New...