Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

wow Tomb of Sargeras - Wailing Halls

5 posts in this topic

iG5Rae4.jpg

We've tested the Wailing Halls, the second LFR wing of the Tomb, with Sisters of the Moon and the Desolate Host. Sisters were definitely overtuned and it took a lot of DeterminationDetermination to get things done only to find out that Demonic Inquisition would not spawn!

We'll be covering Demonic Inquisition later as a separate boss preview (similar to our Goroth or Harjatan previews). We've uploaded videos of the two bosses that were available for testing.

Wailing Halls

• The lower reaches of the one-time Temple of Elune have been sealed away for generations, spawning unthinkable horrors.

Encounters

Sisters of the Moon

• The Sisters of the Moon served as wardens for the temple long before the avatar of Sargeras was buried beneath it. Even in death, the sisters maintained their vigil, but over the millennia something twisted their ability to distinguish friend from foe. Their madness slowly consumed them, and now any who enter their sacred chambers are put to death.

The Desolate Host

• Once, this was a sacred burial site for the Night Elves, but the Legion has twisted these grounds with the Engine of Souls. This foul machine draws upon the energy of the dead, twisting them into abominations. Due to this corruption, these tormented spirits have become monstrosities, looking to feed on any who descend into the tomb's depths.

Demonic Inquisition

• Anticipating the arrival of mortal forces invading the Tomb of Sargeras, Kil'jaeden has called on his best captors, Atrigan and Belac, to lock down the interlopers and prevent them from using the Pillars to advance deeper into the dungeon.

Loot Information

• Raid Finder gear ranges from item level 870+ to 880+

Sisters of the Moon

The Desolate Host

Posted (edited)

Everbody expected the Demonic Inquisition, but it didn't show up.

;p

Thumbnail for Sisters of the Moon really reminds me of the room for Alythess & Sacrolash in Sunwell Plateau.

That Engine of Souls room really reminds me of Reliquary of the Lost too. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I notice it's the exact same. I appreciate how Blizzard is borrowing a lot from BC in Legion.

Edited by Ammako

I noticed the same. Blizzard's trying to put so much direct and subliminal TBC nostalgia into the game this expansion.

15 hours ago, Ammako said:

That Engine of Souls room really reminds me of Reliquary of the Lost too. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I notice it's the exact same. I appreciate how Blizzard is borrowing a lot from BC in Legion.

This was the exact first thing I thought when I saw it too :)

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I noticed the same. Blizzard's trying to put so much direct and subliminal TBC nostalgia into the game this expansion.

Seem appropriate to do as this is the expansion that will (likely) end all the legion flibberty jibber, nice to see some of the more subtle throwbacks *cough tier 20 gear repeat design is lazy cough*

9 hours ago, demonardvark said:

*cough tier 20 gear repeat design is lazy cough*

I'm okay with this... tier 6 was BEAUTIFUL for almost every class. Satisfied with what amounts to an HD remaster of that set.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

The invulnerable bug will hopefully be eradicated after today's hotfixes, there's a lot of quest fixes and multiple artifact challenge appearances will no longer stack up on top of each other in class halls!
      April 25 (source)
      Class Halls
      Players who have unlocked multiple Challenge appearances for their Artifacts will no longer see more than one of them on top of each other in their Class Halls. Items
      Players should be able to transmogrify tabards to the appearance of the Legionfall Tabard. Butcher's Bone Apron should no longer provide a benefit that persists in unintended circumstances. Player versus Player
      Fixed a bug that was causing some players to become invulnerable in instanced PvP. The quest "Something Different" now requires 1 brawl victory (was 3 brawl completions). The quest now rewards a Soldier's Legacy Artifact Power token, 3 Marks of Honor, and a Brawler's Footlocker. Quests
      Corrine the Deceiver should now respawn as expected when killed on the quest “Cult Culling”. Fixed a bug that was causing errors opening Stolen Crates during “Arming the Army”. “Full Fel” now correctly awards quest credit. Resolved issues where some Paladins were not able to obtain the letter starting the Maximillian questline. A certain Escape Rope in a secret treasure cave is now easier to see. It’s dark in there! Previous hotfixes.
    • By Starym

There's another dev Q&A coming this Thursday and it's with the head honcho himself, Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas! 7.2 and all its features are on the table, so get your questions ready and post em on the forums or on twitter!
      Blizzard (source)
      Join us live on Twitch Thursday, April 27, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A. We’ll be looking back over the first few weeks of 7.2, and answering your questions about everything involved with the patch, including the Broken Shore, Legion Assaults, new and improved dungeons, and more.
      Feel free to submit questions by posting in this forum thread or via Twitter using the hashtag #LegionQA.
      We’re looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can, so we hope to see you Thursday at 11:00 a.m. PDT!
    • By Stan

A look at Patch 7.2's most crucial aspects for returning players and alt-friendliness - Artifact Knowledge, gearing and leveling.
      Artifact Knowledge
      Is the rate at which you gain Artifact Power. Your main goal should be to reach Artifact Knowledge Level 26 as soon as possible, because there's a significant increase in the multiplier in 7.2. If you lack Order Resources, keep in mind you can buy Order Resources Cache for Blood of Sargeras. Patch 7.2.5 added a bag with up to 4,000 Order Resources (Abundant Order Resources Cache), but we don't know what plans Blizzard has for it just yet.
      Artifact Knowledge Level 25 = 24,900% Artifact Knowledge Level 26 = 100,000% The % increase at AK Level 26 is huge, don't waste your time with World Quests or other AP content before you get it!
      Reaching Artifact Knowledge Level 1 - 25
      Knowledge is Power is a repeatable quest that can be turned in for 500 Order Resources up to Artifact Knowledge Level 25. If you have a main that has reached AK Level 25, you can buy Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-IV for 1,000 Order Resources that can be sent to your alts to instantly reach AK Level 20. If you boost your AK Level with the research compendium to a certain level, the last 5 Artifact Knowledge Levels must be reached by repeating the Knowledge is Power (2,500 Order Resources) With AK Level cap being increased up to 50, you'll be able to buy additional compendiums At AK Level 30: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-V At AK Level 35: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VI At AK Level 40: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII At AK Level 45: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VIII At AK Level 50: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-IX Example: Let's assume you've got AK Level 25 on your main and can purchase a compendium that will instantly teach your alt AK Level 25 Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-IV.  Using it will make your alt have AK 20, but the last 5 levels have to be reached, by repeating Knowledge is Power five times. Artifact Knowledge Level 25+
      At this time, you will no longer be able to continue your research You need to start and finish Assault on Broken Shore to be able to research again After you finish the Assault, the accept the "Seeking Lost Knowledge" quest at Deliverance Point Once finished, return to your Order Hall and turn in Delivering Lost Knowledge You can now continue your Artifact Knowledge Research (Discovered Lost Knowledge) and don't forget to learn AK Level 26 by consuming Empowered Elven Tome in your inventory Gear
      Another interesting aspect for returning players and alts is gear. Patch 7.2 makes gearing up super fast.
      Crafted Gear & Obliterum
      The Obliterum Forge is now available to everyone and Obliterum has never been cheaper Crafted items have ilvl 835 Obliterum can upgrade items up to ilvl 875 Dauntless Items
      Discover an item appropriate for your specialization with ilvl 850+ Can be purchased from Warmage Kath'leen for 400 Nethershards each (e.g. Dauntless Hood) you shouldn't be really spending Nethershards on them, because they drop in Demon Assault Scenarios and from all Broken Shore content (bags, caches, mobs, the Sentinax) Demon Assaults
      Check the Broken Isles map periodically for Demon Assaults. Not only are they a great source of experience, you'll receive Dauntless tokens and epic quality gear from the last boss Dungeons
      Normal dungeons drop ilvl 825+ Heroic dungeons drop ilvl 845+ Timewalking drop ilvl 855+ Mythic dungeons drop ilvl 865+ Grandiose Armor Kits
      World Quest rewards (Farseer's Grandiose Armor Kit) that instantly upgrade items from your Order Hall Set to ilvl 870. Relinquished Items
      Discovers an item appropriate for your loot specialization with an ilvl 880+ Relinquished items (e.g. Relinquished Relic) can be purchased from Thaumaturge Vashreen for 5,000 Nethershards each The items have a chance to contain a Legendary item, so if you're a freshly-leveled 110 and would like to slot target your Legendary items, Relinquished items are your safest bet World Quests
      Broken Isles World Quest rewards now scale up to ilvl 865 World Bosses
      When Nether Disruptor's up, you'll have access to Broken Shore World Bosses that drop ilvl 900+ loot. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for bonus rolls. Leveling
      Mostly revolves around the Armies of Legionfall reputation grind, more information can be found in our guide.
      Focus your effort to unlock flying at least on one of your characters (Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two) Flying's account-wide and once unlocked, you can use it on any character (even at Level 100) Flying significantly speeds up leveling
    • By Stan

Patch 7.2 added several new Warlock Pet glyphs and we're looking at how to get them!
      Glyph of the Shadow Succubus
      There's a succubus standing near Tehd Shoemaker. She's called Syaith. If you're a scribe and /kiss her, you'll get Technique: Glyph of the Shadow Succubus. The trick is she only appears during the World Quest "Where There is a Whip...". You don't need to have Broken Shore World Quests unlocked to get it according to many reports from redditors that were able to find her.

Credits go to redditor Sonotmethen
      Here are some tips from redditors!
      Comment from discussion Scribs can get Glyph of the Shadow Succubus for free today!. It seems you don't even need to be max level or have Inscription maxed out to get the pattern. Comment from discussion Scribs can get Glyph of the Shadow Succubus for free today!. Glyph of the Fel Succubus
      Technique: Glyph of the Fel Succubus seems to be a random drop from Cathedral of Eternal Night.
      The current version of the Fel Succubus is bugged (thanks to @Plaguestorm for pointing out), which results in a much weaker version of the regular Succubus pet in terms of damage output. It's advised not to use it until the issues get hotfixed.
      Comment from discussion Protip: Glyph of Shadow Succubus is obtainable right now..
      Glyph of Wrathguard
      Technique: Glyph of Wrathguard can be purchased from the Armies of Legionfall Quartermaster Warmage Kath'leen for 2,500 Nethershards.
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - Francais - 8/10M - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman est à la recherche de nouveaux visages qui seraient intéressés à joindre ses rangs!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Starlight Bros NH:8/10M EN:7/7M ToV:2/3M 3soirs Lundi, Mardi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10h30pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Statis NH:6/10M EN:7/7M ToV:3/3H 2soirs Mercredi et Jeudi 7hpm à 10hpm (EST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck NH:9/10H 1soir Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm 

PvP:
      - Nous sommes toujours a la recherche d'un PvP Leader pour s'occuper du PvP dans Unhuman!

Communauté:
      - Plus de  420 accounts
      Unhuman est plus qu'une guilde de raiding performante, c'est aussi la plus grosse communauté Francophone sur World of Warcraft US. Nous comptons présentement plus de 420 accounts actifs. Depuis sa création en 2006, Unhuman cherche à offrir à ses raiders un environnement de jeu qui favorise la progression et ce avec des joueurs d'excellent calibre. Nous sommes constamment à la recherche de nouveaux joueurs que ce soit PVE ou PVP, mais aussi des masters du Pet Battles, des champions de l'Archéologie ou peu importe ce qui vous branche ingame. Vous êtes donc assuré de trouver ce que vous cherchez chez nous peu importe votre style de jeu.
      Pour toutes questions...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Kaiser-Arthas, Officier