FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boogyness

DK Frost BoS rotation question

Hi fellows DK,

There's something I don't get in the suggested rotation:

"Use Howling Blast if you have a Rime  proc AND Breath of Sindragosa  will not drop as a result (you must be at around 30 Runic Power) AND Hungering Rune Weapon  is not active."

I don't understand the "AND Hungering Rune Weapon is not active".  Am I missing any crucial mechanics of Hungering Rune Weapon or Howling Blast?

Thanks for your help!

Simple answer, if you have the T19 four piece, it will generate RP for you to keep BoS up longer. 

If you have the leg Helm, it gets even more valuable as it will, with the freezing fog talent, hit like a truck (assuming it lines up with Remorseless Winter)

If your HRW has just been popped and its generating runes and your going to over cap, then dont HB for a gcd or two, use the runes for Oblit and squeeze in some more dps. This lines up nicely with gathering storm as well in boosting its power. 

Just to cover something, if you do use it while HRW is active and Bos will not fall off and you dont have the 4p set, then it is a dps loss but not a massive one. If your trying to push your dps then dont do it but if you do then dont stress it too much. 

@Boogyness I believe what is what your referring to is that for your BoS to not drop while using a rime proc you must be at 30 runic or more. And then the HRW part is saying "Assuming you don't have HRW going." if you have HRW you will generate more runic power so you could be at 25 HRW ticks giving you 5 RP putting you at 30 meaning you won't drop breath. I feel the need to also mention that during HRW use rime procs still because 1 rime proc > 1 obliterate in terms of raw damage, and if you obliterate you will potentially waste a rime proc, and doing less damage than if you just used the rime proc.

Thanks both of you for your answer.

I was referring to the sentence in the Frost rotation guide. May be se sentence should be changed in the guide because it's pretty confusing. I'm a computer engineer (= binary human ^^) so Basically "Do  A if (B & C & not D)" would have made me removed HB rime proc from rotation when HRW buff was up (D). But I prefered to ask before ^^.

I would really like a Weakaura for the most optimal rotation. I'm guessing someone has already done it, but I havent been able to locate one.

2 hours ago, Gjeep said:

I would really like a Weakaura for the most optimal rotation. I'm guessing someone has already done it, but I havent been able to locate one.

The existing WeakAura : https://wago.io/E1PJedUKZ

If I used WA it'd be that one.

It is one of the best and fully featured.

The classical left scrolling abilities cascade that you may be desiring is not really possible for many classes anymore as so much of what we do now is proc based and cannot be 'predicted' to the same level.

Big hits are proc based (Rime, KM) resource is proc based (ME, Runic Empowerment)... the rest is CD based and off the GCD anyway.

Its less:  do a. then b. then c.  And more :  If x then y, else do z.   Not really a 'rotation' per se.

To be honest we are pretty fortunate to be able to do significant dps with just a visual cue on Rime and high/low RP, reacting to those and spending the rest of the time spamming OB during BoS downtime (after burst phase).

In fact it's one of the few cases where I'd say the default Blizz auras can serve you as well as any addon.

Edited by Browed
  • Like 1