Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Winter Championship: Choose Your Champion

9 posts in this topic

304toVI.jpg

The HCT Winter Championship is now only about a week away, and Blizzard have repeated the promotion they ran for BlizzCon, where you can win packs for picking a successful player.

You can enter by visiting the official blog, and voting for the player you want to represent you. You will earn a pack each time that player progresses to the next round, as well as one just for taking part, for a maximum of five packs.

The event starts on March 23 at 7am PDT, and runs for four days. The Prize pool is shown below.

DVkVJ2A.png

We will be doing a full preview, including deck archetypes, a little nearer the time. For now, make sure to get your vote in, and get your free pack(s).

Last time I was thinking about choosing Pavel but didn't end up doing so, I regretted it way too much. Well, let's see how PavelSports fare this time.

Who's getting your votes?

I went with Fr0zen, seeing as I've played him many times by random :D

Picked Neirea on my main account. I'm a fan of team Liquid and I remember using his control warrior list way way back in the day, so I have something of a nostalgic fondness for the guy. 

F2P account I picked pavel. I hear he has a knack for winning events. 

Not enough familiar names in the lineup for my liking, though. 

Nice to see Sottle on the casting team. And Kibler and Frodan of course. 

Nice to see Sottle on the casting team. And Kibler and Frodan of course. 

Where will this be casted? I am fairly unfamiliar with events in general, but a short explanation to how this works would be much appreciated :)

21 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

Where will this be casted?

You'll be able to tune in to the livestream on HS twitch channel

25 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

I am fairly unfamiliar with events in general, but a short explanation to how this works would be much appreciated :)

Two players will play against each other, and the match will be broadcasted, with live commentary from the casters (usually 2 of them at a time).
The format is Bo7 Conquest with 5 decks (and 1 ban). So, all players have to choose 5 classes, one of which will be banned, and they have to win with the remaining 4 classes. The first player to win with all 4 classes is the winner.

So, They make 5 decks with 5 different classes, and the opponent bans 1 of them. Then they start playing, and if you win with a class, that class is "dead" for the player the rest of the match. First to win 4 matches (with 4 different classes) goes through to the next round.

Or did I get it wrong?

3 hours ago, Sarasin said:

So, They make 5 decks with 5 different classes, and the opponent bans 1 of them. Then they start playing, and if you win with a class, that class is "dead" for the player the rest of the match. First to win 4 matches (with 4 different classes) goes through to the next round.

Or did I get it wrong?

Yeah, that's correct. Also, there are 4 players in a group - 2 of them are eliminated, and 2 continue to single-elimination bracket (quarterfinals, semifinals and finals).

Awesome - Fr0zen is through to the semis :) Amazing last game that last one :D