Damien

Shadow Impale Demon Hunter

32 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Shadow Impale Demon Hunter Build Guide.

Karlei's Point doesn't seem suitable for torments where the fast kill speed negates most of the hatred return, so wielding In-geom instead allows Dawn to be kept in the cube for permanent Vengeance.

In-geom can also negate the need for Chain of Shadows if you swap the Vault rune to Acrobatics, which will free up an item or cube slot for more damage or utility.

For solo GR, is it possible to go for more damage with Caltrops: Bait the Trap instead of Fan of Knives: Bladed Armour? I feel like it would also be a more consistent proc for Bane of the Trapped and Numbing Traps.

G'day, im curious, all of the Builds here in the " Stat Priorities per Gear Slot" have wrong info, or I'm living in a different realm. for instance "Legs" slot has "All Resistance" in the guide, but in my game one cannot roll that stat for that specific item. Also there are some other errors within "Stat priority" lists. Is this intended? 

@Dready: Items can only roll with EITHER All Resist or a resistance as a secondary stat, so that's why you can't get it. ;)

@GuestDready - You can't roll all resist most likely because you have already a single resistance in the secondary slot. You can't have both.

@OP - Aquila Cuirasse isn't all that good for me until higher rifts, if you kill monster too fast you won't have 100% hatred most of the time. I prefer using Wraps of Clarity ( Which gives a more consistent reduction, although a bit lower) or Chain of Shadows (If you have another good belt on you). When you start pushing 60+ Aquila becomes the best choice tough.

Nonetheless... Great guide ! The build is fun and very powerful. I've been able the get to Torment 10 on season within a few hours. You don't need much to start doing insane damage !

Is there a reason guide doesn't suggest Visage of gunes as an alternative to Aquila?

Dark heart rune seems to be same 50% damage taken reduction as Aquila only based on vengeance uptime (which is 100% anyway).

What about a RoG build with VoG and Aquila both, one of them in cube?

On 14.4.2017 at 4:08 PM, Guest Max said:

Is there a reason guide doesn't suggest Visage of gunes as an alternative to Aquila?

Dark heart rune seems to be same 50% damage taken reduction as Aquila only based on vengeance uptime (which is 100% anyway).

RoRG would be weird, as you don't need any other rune than Dark Heart from Vengeance, and you already run Elusive ring (Which you would probably loose if you ran RoRG in cube) therefore you get Dark Heart and Aquila and Elusive ring which gives even more defense. IF you still have trouble surviving, FoK with armor rune should do the trick. Remember that you also got Endless Walk set and you can do like me and use Unity with a follower.

With all defensive buffs I can safely tank GR70 rift guardian while killing him in ~10 sec with just ancient weapon and a few mediocre armorpieces. Also, this build has so much damage that I don't even see the need to run Stricken, as Powerful is always on, and Trapped and Gogok gives me all the damage I could wish for for solo GR's. 

I will probably switch away from unity to CoE when I get better at positioning and timing CoE cycles. This build gives you a load of buffs on the bar, so it can be hard to know which cycle you are on though. One of the reasons I don't like CoE...

As stated earlier, there is no reason for Visage as you will not need any other Vengeance rune anyway. The only other I would consider is Seethe, but with Holy Point Shot and Karleis, you always have max Hatred as long as you are not many tiers below what you can do and are oneshotting everything. 

TL:DR: Endless Walk + Dark Heart (Which is the only rune you need) + Elusive ring + Unity + FoK (armor rune) + Aquila gives me so much thoughness that I can safely tank GR70 RG and still roll several vitality stats off for more damage, and run full Emerealds in gear.

On 14/04/2017 at 4:08 PM, Guest Max said:

You use Dark Heart Rune + Aquila in that build. Gunes would only remove Aquila for the benefit of another Vengeance rune which we don't need.

Hi, is Ancient Parthan Defenders defensive bonus triggered by Vault: Rattling roll ? I've checked my stats while using Vault and my thoughness doesn't increase.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:47 AM, Guest Question said:

How strong is Sentry: Guardian Turret compared to FoK: Bladed Armor for toughness?

FoK is better. Sentry is a 25% reduction when in the area of the turret. FoK is a 40% armour boost as soon as you pop it and for the following 6 seconds. The turrets won't stack, it has been tested in the past. 

On 5/6/2017 at 0:18 AM, Guest SinaC said:

Hi, is Ancient Parthan Defenders defensive bonus triggered by Vault: Rattling roll ? I've checked my stats while using Vault and my thoughness doesn't increase.

It does trigger, yeah. 

On 5/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, Blainie said:

It does trigger, yeah. 

Nice. Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, Guest SinaC said:

Nice. Many thanks :)

No problem, glad to have helped :) If you have any more questions, just ask!

On 4/14/2017 at 9:08 AM, Guest Max said:

For me at the "still gearing up to the level in the guide" stage, I'm running Gunes so I can run Seethe and it works quite well. But that is due to a rather subpar set of rolls so far on the set helm, missing the belt, and running Leoric's in the cube to reach needed CDR. Once I get the gear (and good at the play style) I'll probably swap it out. But for now, anger management is still important to me. Mostly right now I tend to get trapped by a swarm of trash and run out of discipline, and am not often at enough hatred to trigger Aquila. But I managed to clear GR55 solo fairy decently. Assuming I don't get spawned in a massive mob of spider trash and nowhere to vault to.

On that note, these guides would benefit, in my opinion, with some advice on those who don't yet have the full set on how to alter while getting the gear - even if it is how to alter your rotation to account for lacking certain pieces or for example how much damage loss a poorly rolled belt would account for.

Took me forever to get my elusive ring, which kept me around 55. As soon as I got it, which completed the full recommended set, I was easily able to complete 70, and got 75 with a minutes to spare.. I just need some ancients now so I can start pushing higher. Thanks for the hard work. This set / play style is extremely fun

14 hours ago, Sharknad0 said:

Took me forever to get my elusive ring, which kept me around 55. As soon as I got it, which completed the full recommended set, I was easily able to complete 70, and got 75 with a minutes to spare.. I just need some ancients now so I can start pushing higher. Thanks for the hard work. This set / play style is extremely fun

I'm similarly capped around 55 - was able to snake a 57 with, literally, seconds left on the clock. Mostly I think it is because I can't seem to snag the quiver/belt. Well, I've got the belt but with an 11% paper doll reduction in damage - which doesn't make me want to switch. I've spent a couple grand in shards, and several hundred in death's breath trying to get one the quiver.

Edit: got the quiver. It showed a 20% drop in dmg but I tried it anyway and yeah, now up in the upper sixties. So for those working their way up, the quiver is that important. I also no have stopped running Gunes.

Edited by TheRealBill
updated info rather than another post

On 5/24/2017 at 6:21 PM, TheRealBill said:

I'm similarly capped around 55 - was able to snake a 57 with, literally, seconds left on the clock. Mostly I think it is because I can't seem to snag the quiver/belt. Well, I've got the belt but with an 11% paper doll reduction in damage - which doesn't make me want to switch. I've spent a couple grand in shards, and several hundred in death's breath trying to get one the quiver.

Edit: got the quiver. It showed a 20% drop in dmg but I tried it anyway and yeah, now up in the upper sixties. So for those working their way up, the quiver is that important. I also no have stopped running Gunes.

You got it. The quiver is a huge help in damage, though it does not reflect that in the stats sometimes, as well as hatred regen. When you are having to fight through mobs, it gives you more hits for the impale regen. The belt is also worth it, even if you lose some stats. Pretty cool to get into the 60+ range. I am sure you should have no problem doing 70 with everything in the recommended build as well. GL!

Thanks for some really nice guides here!

I decided to leave my comfort zone of UE-multishot and try this all-out. Not regretting it at all, being at GR89 and still pushing for more :)

Any advice for choosing between two Pledges; one with +20% lightning and one with about 9% higher sheet damage? (Those are the net changes of course after perfect rerolls have been applied.) lightning is at 40% from bracer/quiver in My case.

How much damage can I afford to loose for that extra lightning% ?? With diminishing returns popping up behind every tree, I'm loosing track of the Path :)

Hi what i can do with my Hatred? I used 5 times impale and iam on 0... Iam paragon 350

On 2017-6-14 at 9:39 AM, Guest GiiTZzz said:

Hi what i can do with my Hatred? I used 5 times impale and iam on 0... Iam paragon 350

If you're one shotting stuff, you're not going to get the hatred back from the dagger. You need to be 2-hitting things minimum if you don't want to run out of hatred

On 2017-6-14 at 10:39 AM, Guest GiiTZzz said:

You need karleys point dagger and the holy point quiver to get back more hatred than you spend, per atack. Also, if you 1 shot everything, even this will not work.

In groups where this build assumes the DPS role of the RGK, damage can be maximised with the following changes:

Take out Vault and Awareness

Put in Caltrops: Bait the Trap, and Ambush

An alternative to Caltrops can be Sentry: Guardian Turret, as this build has close to 100% critical hit chance

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.