FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nerphus

Change to unholy 7.2

I would recommend informing yourself a bit more before deciding to make a switch. In case you want to switch regardless, the main thing you want to do is up your Mastery. Significantly. I main Frost, but in my UH gear I still ahve like 85% mastery, and you want to be aiming for at least 70+ from what I've heard.

Mained frost the first 2 raids. Tbh I'm swapping because I'm bored of it. Unholy just seems more fun. I just wasn't sure if there was a better build for the gear/legs I have.

7.2 there honestly was nothing big however for 7.2.5 the devs are looking at helping out unholy. Basically death coil remains an issue in the rotation and the loss of the tier 19 set (im not taking it off i refuse) is bad. They are wanting death coil to cost more but do a bit more damage. 

The tldr though is with the helm nerf until high 90th percentiles frost and unholy are really really close, so play what makes you happy. Even then for the super leet logs there are issues with sampling sizes and fight adjustments to pad numbers all that jazz. In the end frost and unholy are relatively close.

The only issue you will really have is if you lack legendaries for unholy. Now of course you can start the grind for one and with the 5k legionfall items supposedly making it easier getting at least one shouldn't take you long. 

As far as builds etc the guide here is pretty good

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/unholy-death-knight-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents

• Like 1

I've been checking that out regularly actually. My confusion is with the cof trinket, wasn't sure if the valkyr is worth taking. I heard she has targeting problems? Sims show soul reaper on top with the same setup oddly enough. Also looking for unholy strings for wa if anyone has a decent setup.

6 hours ago, Nerphus said:

I've been checking that out regularly actually. My confusion is with the cof trinket, wasn't sure if the valkyr is worth taking. I heard she has targeting problems? Sims show soul reaper on top with the same setup oddly enough. Also looking for unholy strings for wa if anyone has a decent setup.

CoF alone isn't enough to make Val worth taking. You also need 80% mastery and either Sephuz's Secret Icon Sephuz's Secret.or Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads . Of the two I prefer Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads  especially because it received a wee buff in this patch to make the duration longer. Once you have all that junk Val can now be used. Now if you check top logs you'll see that the vast majority of players still stick with soul reaper. There are a few DA users that pop up here and there. Its basically just to give you a different rotation/spice up things. DA takes a bit more planning to use than soul reaper and a different rotation that some people may prefer. Or they just need a change of pace from doing more or less the same rotation the entire expansion. So with a lot of junk DA becomes viable but most prefer the ease of soul reaper.

Also she's not quite as buggy but if there is other stuff to hit she may get bored and attack other things.

Myself I'm not a huge weak aura person. However, we have a bunch of people who like them here. We had a few people contribute weak auras in our resource page. I would check them out there and see if any work for ya :D

• Like 2