FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mungo

Destro lock hybrid build

Hello,

What talent setup should I take for mythic plus dungeons for destro lock for VotW etc...

What hybrid build do you suggest ?

Really late to the thread here, I'm sure you've experimented a bit. I've been playing exclusively Destruction since I got my Warlock to 110 and I've tried every build there is in a variety of situations. Destruction is really strong but it is also awkward in some ways, and it can be hard to figure out the relative value of the talents. Let's go one by one from the top from the perspective of 5 man dungeons.

T1, Backdraft is the only real choice here because of its strong synergy with FnB.

T2, Empowered Life Tap is the best choice. Eradication is widely used in raids, but in 5 mans where AoE damage is important, ELT is what you'll use as a matter of course. You don't necessarily want to keep it up 100%; you'll want to bank shards and then use it right before blowing all of them.

T3, Your choice, I get the most use out of Mortal Coil.

T4, Fire and Brimstone. Cataclysm looks like it should be a winner, but it is very unwieldy to use because of the long cast time and cooldown. If it lands on a big number of targets, it does stupendous damage, and also sets up a monstrous Channel Demonfire. But the difference between that and FnB is not as much as you might expect, simply because of the long cooldown and the rarity of situations where you'll get maximum value.

T5, Burning Rush, pretty self explanatory. Demon Skin is nice if you are learning the mechanics and want more survivability. Dark Pact can be useful as a kind of Ice Block to prevent death. But both should be unnecessary if you know the fights and have a competent healer.

T6, Grimoire of Sacrifice. There is a significant loss in single-target burst, but your sustained damage is much improved as well as your AoE. I really see no reason to take Service in 5 mans.

T7, Channel Demonfire or Soul Conduit. I keep leaning towards Soul Conduit because of the value of extra casts of Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire, but the random nature of it can be infuriating when it's not on your side. Channel Demonfire is much more reliable.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By meditate
      Im a 910 des lock , im 51 traits 
      My burst damage is good , but then it goes down to nothing , 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/illidan/uifjskdflsjd

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/uifjskdflsjd

my procs dont tick for soul shards thus i cant shoot cb's as much as i want . the moment i start moving or hell breaks loose. ROF for aoe doesnt do damamge as needed on tich , even with Fire and brim

ST as said before is good but then i drop down to 600-650k fully flask,potion,food,rune

cb at best crits for 1.1 million

I have tried everything when it comes to talents, empowered, to eradiciation , wreak havoc and SC and still nothing

I even ordered a new upgrades for my pc as the current one is running on a 10 to 15 fps on raids 150ms , figured maybe the drop in fps was a reason for the dps drop, if not , what do you guys recommend?