FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oltier

[General] Siege of Orgrimmar Mage Style

Yes, it should. Nothing states in the spell description that it does not. smile.png

same as at Aim shot and ice block doesn't work … just GI … so I dont know if it is bug or it should work like that

same as at Aim shot and ice block doesn't work … just GI … so I dont know if it is bug or it should work like that

Yes, Aim is indeed unaffected by invulnerability.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=142948#used-by-npc

However, this shouldn't be the case with Rapid Fire and should be reported to Blizz.

On Iron Juggernaut HC, if you have problems with surviving the Siege Mode phase, or want to help your healers, take spell_mage_temporalshield.jpgTemporal Shield and ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility.

It uses Shock Pulse three times every Siege phase. On heroic, they do 400-450k damage each. In the first Siege phase, use Temporal Shield, then Greater Invis, then Temporal Shield again. In the second one, use Temporal Shield, then Greater Invis, then Ice Block. Just activate them as soon as it starts casting Shock Pulse.

Edited by Gambolputty

Paragons of the Klaxxi:

When Hisek casts ability_hisek_aim.jpgAim you don't need ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility to stop it from going off. Using ability_mage_invisibility.jpgInvisibility perform the same duties since you don't take any damage as it stops his cast. In this case, I'd use spell_fire_rune.jpgCauterize so you can help soak ability_hisek_aim.jpgAim for those who don't have abilities to deal with it themselves.

Iron Juggernaut:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the prior posts, but you can also soak Crawler Mine with spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block by casting spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block next to them and if they're close to another one, you can step on any in range before the first explosion knocks you up. Don't forget to use your spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block prior to stepping on them.

Edited by MontezEJ

spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block doesn't work on clearing many debuffs, but ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility does!

I just realized that many players may not have carefully read the tooltip for ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility. Tucked in the first sentence of the (arguably long) tooltip is this phrase:

Instantly makes the caster invisible, reducing all threat, and removing two damage over time effects.

That's right. Any debuff that has a DoT effect can be cleared with the use of ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility every 90 seconds. This becomes essential to your survivability in many encounters, especially in heroic-mode:

1. In the Immerseus encounter, it can clear the inv_legendary_chimeraoffear.jpgSha Corruption debuff.
  2. In The Fallen Protectors encounter, it can clear the ability_rogue_garrote.jpgGarrote debuff you get from from He Softfoot.
  3. In the Sha of Pride encounter, it can clear the ability_warlock_impoweredimp.jpgMark of Arrogance debuff.
  4. In the Galakras encounter, it can clear the spell_fire_moltenblood.jpgFlames of Galakrond debuff you get from Galakras in the last phase.
  5. In the General Nazgrim encounter, it can clear the ability_deathknight_brittlebones.jpgBonecracker debuff.
  6. In the Malkorok encounter, it can clear the ability_warlock_haunt.jpgDisplaced Energy debuff.
  7. In the Spoils of Pandaria encounter, it can clear the spell_priest_psyfiend.jpgTorment debuff you get from the Mogu Shadow Ritualists.
  8. In the Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter, it can clear the rogue_leeching_poison.jpgCorrosive Blood debuff.
  9. In the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter, it can clear the ability_siege_engineer_superheated.jpgSuperheated debuff you get from accidentally standing the in fire.

This, coupled with the fact that you get a 90% damage reduction for big hitting mechanics like inv_misc_lockboxghostiron.jpgIron Prison and inv_misc_bomb_05.jpgSet to Blow and you get an instant invisibility causing mechanics to stop targeting you such as spell_shadow_mindshear.jpgSha Sear and ability_hunter_markedfordeath.jpgFixate, makes ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility a must-have talent for these encounters.

EDIT: I was unable to clear the spell_priest_psyfiend.jpgTorment debuff in raid. Not sure if it's always been this way or it was a change.

Edited by Koviko
  • Like 3

spell_frost_frost.jpgIce Block doesn't work on clearing many debuffs, but ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility does!

I just realized that many players may not have carefully read the tooltip for ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility. Tucked in the first sentence of the (arguably long) tooltip is this phrase:

That's right. Any debuff that has a DoT effect can be cleared with the use of ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility every 90 seconds. This becomes essential to your survivability in many encounters, especially in heroic-mode:

1. In the Immerseus encounter, it can clear the inv_legendary_chimeraoffear.jpgSha Corruption debuff.
  2. In The Fallen Protectors encounter, it can clear the ability_rogue_garrote.jpgGarrote debuff you get from from He Softfoot.
  3. In the Sha of Pride encounter, it can clear the ability_warlock_impoweredimp.jpgMark of Arrogance debuff.
  4. In the Galakras encounter, it can clear the spell_fire_moltenblood.jpgFlames of Galakrond debuff you get from Galakras in the last phase.
  5. In the General Nazgrim encounter, it can clear the ability_deathknight_brittlebones.jpgBonecracker debuff.
  6. In the Malkorok encounter, it can clear the ability_warlock_haunt.jpgDisplaced Energy debuff.
  7. In the Spoils of Pandaria encounter, it can clear the spell_priest_psyfiend.jpgTorment debuff you get from the Mogu Shadow Ritualists.
  8. In the Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter, it can clear the rogue_leeching_poison.jpgCorrosive Blood debuff.
  9. In the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter, it can clear the ability_siege_engineer_superheated.jpgSuperheated debuff you get from accidentally standing the in fire.

This, coupled with the fact that you get a 90% damage reduction for big hitting mechanics like inv_misc_lockboxghostiron.jpgIron Prison and inv_misc_bomb_05.jpgSet to Blow and you get an instant invisibility causing mechanics to stop targeting you such as spell_shadow_mindshear.jpgSha Sear and ability_hunter_markedfordeath.jpgFixate, makes ability_mage_greaterinvisibility.jpgGreater Invisibility a must-have talent for these encounters.

Thank you for the feedback. In the following week's topic overhauls I will definitely include these tips :)

Cristoph, I moved your comment into a seperate topic, since it was completely off of this thread.

A fun fact about ginvis is that you can cast it the instant you get mesmerized on Paragons to remove the debuff and continue dps like nothing happened (and it also frees all your other teammates from the need of freeing you). I think that it's a much better use than to remove aim.

Another fun thing, for 10man only Protectors HC, is to take cold snap on protectors to soak anguish for 20s for the first time, and 10s for the second time. Yes, it's a big dps loss, but dps requirements for this fight are lax as it is, and while you do it this way the raid can zerg the anguish while it's standing still. Basically taking one for the team smile.png

Also, why so much suggestions for taking WE glyph? I personally found it useful only on Thok and belt duty, but otherwise I always refrain from taking it (even on Shamans HC) as it can be positioned once to optimally do dps and freeze when needed for the whole fight.

• Like 1

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Talents:

• Nether Tempest
  • Blazing Speed
  • Greater Invisibility

I spotted a small typo at the first talent. Even though im not a native speaker, I am pretty sure that "Living Bomb" is spelled "Living Bomb" and not "Nether Tempest" wink.png

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 4

It should be noted that you "don't" need greater invisibility to soak "Aim" or cancel the effect from "Mesmerized" as neither of them will deal damage using regular invisibility. Taking "Cauterize" can be beneficial to soaking "Aim" if people who soak are a scorpion or dead and other mechanics that can catch you off guard.

Edited by MontezEJ

It should be noted that you "don't" need greater invisibility to soak "Aim" or cancel the effect from "Mesmerized" as neither of them will deal damage using regular invisibility. Taking "Cauterize" can be beneficial to soaking "Aim" if people who soak are a scorpion or dead and other mechanics that can catch you off guard.

Personally I haven't tried this, but sounds a bit risky since it takes 3 seconds for invis to kick in and you can take damage in the meanwhile canceling the effect. Furthermore, you'll be able to invis only once during the fight (so you might want to keep it for mesmerize), but if you take ginvis you can cheese both mechanics if they don't overlap.

A fun fact about ginvis is that you can cast it the instant you get mesmerized on Paragons to remove the debuff and continue dps like nothing happened (and it also frees all your other teammates from the need of freeing you). I think that it's a much better use than to remove aim.

Another fun thing, for 10man only Protectors HC, is to take cold snap on protectors to soak anguish for 20s for the first time, and 10s for the second time. Yes, it's a big dps loss, but dps requirements for this fight are lax as it is, and while you do it this way the raid can zerg the anguish while it's standing still. Basically taking one for the team smile.png

Also, why so much suggestions for taking WE glyph? I personally found it useful only on Thok and belt duty, but otherwise I always refrain from taking it (even on Shamans HC) as it can be positioned once to optimally do dps and freeze when needed for the whole fight.

Thanks for the tip on the Paragons!

I don't think that Cold Snap should be taken on Protectors. While it is possible to do it like this, You have at least 5 other players in your group who also have similar CDs to soak it and it is better if you just alter your CDs.

I think the WE is a nice addition and alternative on any fights where you don't need any other glyphs as mandatory.

I spotted a small typo at the first talent. Even though im not a native speaker, I am pretty sure that "Living Bomb" is spelled "Living Bomb" and not "Nether Tempest" wink.png

I liked this one! Fixed.

I don't think that risking your life (maybe you get invisible in time, maybe not) and a CD on a fight that has lots of one shot mechanics is a good idea, especially on a mechanic that can be handled quite easily. What lynx mentioned underneath you is also a very good point.

Yeah, cold snap for protectors hc 10man is situational and should be taken only if there are not enough people who can soak anguish. Just thought of mentioning it I case people struggle with this mechanic.

The thing about WE glyph is that after reading a lot of suggestions from Akraen I followed suit and started using CoC on movement. So except on Thok when it's dangerous to get near the boss during kiting, CoC has become my another mandatory glyph. I would still take it if double blinking wasn't so useful there and WE wasn't a direct dps increase, if only just for the screech phases. This basically left me with just one slot to alternate on most fights, so pushing in WE has become a real nuisance, unless I really need it. So it's more of a personal thing smile.png

• Like 1

I know that this tip is not specifically for mages, but it seems the boss guides are very rarely updated, and it helped a lot when my guild downed Siegecrafter HC for the first time this week:

If you have trouble with mines, tell your engineers to put EMP Generator on their belts for 30 yards of mechanical stun, instead of the speed boost.

Edited by Ghanjo
  • Like 1

I know that this tip is not specifically for mages, but it seems the boss guides are very rarely updated, and it helped a lot when my guild downed Siegecrafter HC for the first time this week:

If you have trouble with mines, tell your engineers to put EMP Generator on their belts for 30 yards of mechanical stun, instead of the speed boost.

I'll add this tonight. Nice tip!

I've yet to use the WE glyph in Heroic SoO. I can't explain why people do, either. They're giving up so much CoC damage.

I've yet to use the WE glyph in Heroic SoO. I can't explain why people do, either. They're giving up so much CoC damage.

Because why would I use that glyph is I don't use CoC on a fight?

You are free to suggest other glyphs for certain fights. This is why commenting is allowed under this topic. :P

When I don't need CoC, I use Evocate. I'm not saying don't use WE, I just personally can't think of a reason why.

Only fight where Welly is useful is on Dark Shamans, with all the kiting that goes on your pet is often too far away to freeze the adds for free shatter and free FoF procs. But if you move in to AoE the adds you'd probably take CoC-IV+Splitting Ice anyway.

On some fights you have to position it pre pull to have it in optimal freezing position though. On Nazgrim we tank him where the adds spawn so I put him in range of that. Seigecrafter I make sure he's parked in freeze range of the mine spawn.

Edited by durrtygoodz

I CoC the adds and I've never had my WE out of range, either. Our strategy is to have ranged run through an inner circle path while tanks take an outer circle path. So ranged is pretty much always in range.

In our group ranged stand near the Dark Sham room at the start, end up going all the way to the Orgrimmar gate, and back again. Makes getting free FoF annoying ;P

I thought I would share some of the things that I have learned throughout my time in SoO.  These are the strategies that have worked and still do work for me, so I figured that maybe I couple help a couple people out by sharing my experience and also my mistakes so you don't have to make the same ones.  Enjoy!  By the way: any spec-specific information contained is based on the frost spec.

Immerseus - I find it beneficial to pool one FoF charge during this fight so when a sha puddle appears under you, you can use it while moving out of it.  This ensures that you have no down time.  Ice floes is good for this fight, but you will find that you will run out of charges quickly if you're using it to continue casting while running out of sha puddles, which is where the FoF pooling will come in handy.  For heroic - be very careful when you use Alter Time.  It's almost guaranteed to port you back into one of your previous sha puddles (Unless you use AT during split phase, which isn't very optimal).  Just make sure that you are at full health and that no swirl is coming.  Also for heroic, I suggest not using frozen orb in your opener and waiting for the first set of adds to come out before you use it.  You can have a frozen orb up for almost every set of adds. I have some parses in which frozen orb is my top damaging ability, so don't underestimate the power of it! 

The Fallen Protectors - I like to time my frozen orb so that I always have it up for Sun Tenderheart's desperate measures phase.  Use it ~15 seconds in when there are a good amount of adds in the center.  By doing this, you will get spammed with FoF procs that can be used to quickly down the ranged adds outside the bubble.  Another little thing that I want to mention that I learned the hard way on heroic is during He Softfoot's desperate measure phase.  If your group uses your ice block cooldown to cheese the embodied anguish, make sure that you toss it to the next person on the rotation RIGHT BEFORE YOUR ICE BLOCK EXPIRES.  The stacks that increase anguish's damage will continue to build even through your ice block, so you will basically get one shot if he is allowed to hit you after your ice block fades.  Pet freeze works on the small adds during Sun's desperate measures as well. 

Norushen (Amalgam of Corruption) - If your group is having trouble with healing, toss out a deep freeze on the big adds whenever you can.  Prevents the AOE damage that the add does, plus some decent damage output because you can just spam ice lance on it.  I highly suggest taking nether tempest and dotting EVERYTHING.  Pet freeze will give you FoF charges for the big adds, but not the small ones.  I find it beneficial to wait until the big add gets to the center to use freeze on it, that way you can cleave it with our splitting ice glyph.  If your going down in the first rotation of orbs, you can throw up your nether tempest on the boss as your clicking on the orb for some extra damage.  

Sha of Pride - For heroic, consider taking blazing speed to quickly get to rifts if your group is having trouble with them.  If your group handles the rifts without a problem, then take ice flows (there is a LOT of moving during this fight on heroic).  Also for heroic, keep in mind that you can blink around the maze if you get banished (this is helpful if you are in danger of being hit by the patrolling sha adds that roam around the maze.  I like to deep freeze the add that spawns in the back after prisons.  It almost always dies within the duration of deep freeze, it prevents the add from casting, and allows you to just spam ice lance to kill it quickly.  If you don't have a FoF charge for the deep freeze, using your water elemental's freeze on the add will give you one. I know this was already mentioned, but to elaborate a bit: Frozen orb's cool-down works nicely with the reflection adds that come out.  You should have a frozen orb up for every single set of them.  That being said, I don't recommend using frozen orb on the pull, and waiting for about 15 seconds and use it for the first set of adds.

Galakras - If you are on tower group, after you finish clearing a tower, you can jump off and blink just before you hit the ground to negate all fall damage (YEAH I KNOW THIS IS COMMON MAGE KNOWLEDGE, but you never know how many new mages are reading this!!).  During phase 2 (when Galakras comes down), stacks begin to build that do increasing damage.  Late in the phase when your stacks get high, cast ice block and immediately cancel it to clear your stacks (greater invis also works).  A cancelaura macro for ice block/invis is really helpful here, and allows you to clear your stacks and resume your rotation within one GCD.  Pet freeze works on all of the mobs besides the Bonecrushers for generating FoF charges (you will be using it pretty much on cooldown for this fight).  

Iron Juggernaut - I need someone to confirm/deny this, but I am really convinced that frozen orb hits on the crawler mines still have a 15% chance on hit to give us a FoF charge, regardless of the fact that they are immune to damage.  Whenever I place frozen orb in a position that it's hitting the boss plus a couple crawler mines, I seem to get WAY more FoF procs compared to when it's just hitting one target.  Haven't looked into this, maybe it's just my mind playing with me.  For heroic, if your group max ranges Juggernaut during siege phase (as most do), refresh your bomb spell right before shock pulse finishes casting, and also cast an ice lance (doesn't matter if it's a FoF ice lance or not), right before the shock pulse cast finishes in order to get rid of any remaining icicles that will be wasted since you spend over 30 seconds ranging Juggernaut for this strategy.  Even though you are way out of range, you can command your pet to stay on the boss the entire time (it doesn't get knocked back by shock pulse).  I find that, since this is a purely single target fight, most of the glyphs that we regularly use are pointless to take (Splitting ice and cone of cold).  Assuming you have glyph of icy veins in one glyph slot, this leaves two glyph slots free.  I suggest rapid displacement for more blinks, and glyph of evocation.  I normally never use glyph of evocation, however, during siege mode of heroic when you are basically just sitting there doing nothing, I like to just spam my glyphed evocation to heal myself.  We may as well do something while we do nothing.  A fair warning- your Immerseus trinket's ICD will be finished right as siege mode is starting.  For normal mode, just make sure you don't get knocked back by the shock pulse and waste those precious seconds of the trinket being up.  For heroic, it's a little bit of a different story that's even more unforgiving (only applies to those doing the max range strategy).  Many times, right as the first siege mode is starting, my PBoI procs and shock pulse comes immediately afterwards.  Essentially, a completely wasted 20-second trinket proc. Can you imagine how crushing it is to be sitting there just watching all of that intellect go to waste!? So, what's the solution that has worked for me?  Find a weakaura or similar addon that tracks the ICD, that way you can plan when you should stop casting (don't worry, it's never more then 7-8 seconds, and you will actually end up doing more damage by not wasting that second PBoI proc).

Kor'kron Dark Shaman - You will be able to frozen orb for every other set of foul slimes.  It's VERY easy to forget about refreshing your invocation buff during the chaos of this fight - keep an eye on it!  I personally don't find blizzard very useful for this fight.  The adds are usually spread out to a point that it's not too viable.  If the tank places them so they are all grouped up, then yes blizzard is nice, but that's not usually the case for the groups I'm in.  I find that after all of the slimes are down, I use my pet's freeze on them, cone of cold, and spam arcane explosion.  It takes a little bit of practice, but if you position yourself correctly you can do this without taking damage from them.  It should also be noted that you will gain FoF charges from using pet freeze on the foul slimes.  This is one of the few fights that I may recommend considering glyph of water elemental, because you will constantly find yourself unable to use pet freeze due to range issues.  I find it quite annoying to have to properly re-position my pet every 30 seconds, so this glyph may be useful to some.   For heroic, I highly recommend Ice Barrier to negate some of the Iron Prison debuff.  

Nazgrim - The rogue add can actually be seen for about one second right when it spawns before it goes stealth.  Watch out for it, look where it spawned, and use your pet's freeze on the area to juke that sucker out of stealth.  I'm not entirely sure why glyph of water elemental is suggested for this fight, if the water elemental is positioned in the middle of the room, your pet's waterbolt and freeze ability will reach all corners of the room and it can stay stationary for the entire fight.  Use pet freeze constantly whenever adds are up (free FoF charges).  Don't forget about your deep freeze ability in this encounter, it really helps to manage the adds.  About two seconds before defensive stance starts, just like with Iron Juggernaut, refresh your bomb spell (either NT or LB depending on your raid size).  Your pet can remain on Nazgrim and not build rage.

Malkorok - Glyph of rapid displacement, glyph of blink, blazing speed.  You are the most useful tool in the raid for reaching puddles that nobody else can get to.  For heroic, I highly suggest taking glyph of ice block and greater invisibility.  At the beginning of blood rage, you can invis to soak as many orbs as possible, and then you can use your glyphed ice block for 3 seconds of magic immunity for soaking even more orbs. If you're an engineer, popping greater invis + rocket boots will allow you to soak a ridiculous amount of orbs.  If you don't have rocket boots, blazing speed works too.  Greater invis also works well for negating soaking/breath damage.  Make sure you keep an eye on your timers for damage reduction while you are doing this; continuing to soak orbs without damage reduction will kill you almost instantly (learned this one the hard way).  Malkorok randomly blasts people up in the air.  If this happens, DO NOT USE SLOW FALL, just use blink and you will be instantly returned to the platform.  If you are doing this on heroic, you must look around the platform before you blink to make sure that you don't blink into orbs. This is one of the few fights where I don't recommend temporal shield.  You can't be healed during this encounter, so TS becomes pretty weak.  I suggest Ice Barrier.  If you have a low shield/no shield and are soaking a puddle, pop an ice barrier to negate a lot of the damage.  Another use of ice block that I found during this fight was using it to immune the breath damage.  Instead of moving into position with the raid to avoid the breath, pop your cancelaura ice block macro to negate it and then hit ice block again to cancel it.  Obviously, be cautious, because you won't have Ice Block for survivability for the remainder of the fight.

Spoils of Pandaria - If you get set to blow on mantid side, you can use ice block OR greater invis (or both) right before you explode to save yourself a lot of DPS time.  However, if you do this, you MUST be at least 10 yards away from any other raid member (or else you will probably kill them).  Your pet freeze will give you FoF charges when used on pretty much any of the mobs that are in the small boxes.  Using it on the medium box mobs/mini bosses don't give you any.  You might find it beneficial to delay frozen orb for just a little bit until lots of mobs are out from the small boxes.  For example, some of the small boxes on mogu sides contain 6-7 tiny and low health adds.  Frozen orb is extremely powerful for these. 

Thok the Bloodthirsty - Just like with Immerseus, you may find it beneficial to pool a FoF charge whenever you can, just so you have something to use when Thok screeches.  When Thok reaches the point where he is screeching every ~2 seconds (the maximum speed), you can weave in one frostbolt in-between each screech to keep maximum dps on the boss.  If you are at 50% haste (14242) or close to this amount of haste, you can weave in evocations in between Thok's fastest screeches.  HOWEVER, this is only possible if you begin channeling evocation immediately when Thok finishes a cast of screech.   Also, when Thok starts to get really fast during fixate phase, refresh Living bomb right before he is about to go out of range.  I suggest taking glyph of rapid displacement, blazing speed, and bonus points if you have rocket boots.  With these tools, you have a big advantage over other people in terms of mobility.  Use these tools both defensively (properly kiting Thok while fixated) and offensively (keeping up with thok during fixate phase and continuing to dps him).  On heroic, frozen orb usually times nicely with the bat adds that come out (~3 mins after the boss is engaged if you do the standard 25-28 screech phase one and 6/7-fixate phase two). 

Siegecrafter Blackfuse - If you are targeted with a sawblade, use a tick of ice floes and continue to move until the blade is placed.   By doing this, you won't take any damage from the sawblade, and you also won't lose any dps time on the boss.  For heroic, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND considering ring of frost and frost bomb if your group is having trouble with crawler mines reaching people and blowing up.  By collaborating with the other mages in my group, we came up with a ring of frost rotation and the difference was night and day.  Also be sure to use your pet freeze on the mines as often as possible; free FoF charges.  Frost mages are incredibly good for killing crawler mines because of our CC.  I was able to solo every wave of un-empowered mines for our heroic 10M kill.

Paragons of the Klaxxi - Resist the urge to scumbag, take living bomb.  You can use blink if you get hit by whirling to negate the 5-second stun.  Don't use glyph of rapid displacement if you get hit by whirling often (it takes away Blink's ability to break stuns/bonds).  However, in my experience, I always take glyph of rapid displacement because this is a very mobile fight (especially on heroic), and whirling is extremely easy to dodge.  For heroic, you can use your pet's freeze on the parasites for FoF charges and to keep them immobilized as much as possible.  If you are new to progressing on this fight, I highly suggest saving your mirror images in case you reach the berserk timer.  The berserk timer is tight on this boss, and I have had a couple kills where 80% of the raid is dead when the boss dies.  For my first kill on heroic, I was one of the 7 people left standing.  When the boss targeted me, I popped mirror images and it allowed us to get the kill (it was one of the most epic things I have ever been a part of).  Remember that this ability isn't just a minor DPS cooldown. Temporal shield is really good for fiery edge also!

Garrosh Hellscream -  By using frozen orb right when the first set of adds reach the tank, you will get spammed with FoF charges which will allow you to put out some un-paralleled single target DPS on Garrosh.  For heroic, prepare and plan ahead before going into the Jade Serpent intermission.  When the timer reached 10 seconds until the intermission, I would save any FoF/BF charges that I got, and also pooled 5 icicles.  By doing this, it allows you to get some amazing burst on the group of adds that you are assigned to.  If you go down to this intermission with at least one FoF charge, you can deep freeze one of the three adds in your group and just spam ice lance to burst two of them down very quickly.  In my experience, 80% of the wipes to this guy on heroic were because of the first intermission.  Plan every single global you are going to use while you're down there to ensure you are able to kill the adds before they kill you, and before Garrosh gets to 24 energy.

Don't hesitate to give constructive criticism, feedback, questions, comments, or whatever for anything contained in this post, I will happily welcome it! 

Sikkz

Edited by Sikkz
  • Like 2