Stan

Rewards Guide for New Players

12 posts in this topic

0dO9x9a.jpg

The guide contains useful information about the new reward system in Heroes 2.0 for both new and/or returning players.

Heroes 2.0 introduced loot chests and two new currencies - Gems (qmWE7jw.png) & Shards (cKH02v7.png).

Loot Chests

• Contain random assortment of Heroes, Skins, Banners, Sprays, Announcers, Voice Lines and Emojis
  • Each loot chest contains four items of any quality, but type-specific loot chests (rare/epic) guarantee at least 1 item of that quality
  • You don't need to open them immediately. Loot isn't decided at the time of acquisition, but when they are opened
  • You can obtain 10 loot chests and other rewards in Nexus Challenge 2.0

Acquisition

There are several ways to acquire loot chests.

qmWE7jw.png Gems 

• Reaching Player Level 5 rewards 1,000 Gems (qmWE7jw.png
  • Every 25 Player Levels, you get 150 Gems (qmWE7jw.png)
  • Heroes, featured items (Skins & Mounts) and loot chests can be purchased with Gems (qmWE7jw.png)
Amount Price
1 Chest cnocN53.png 100
5 Chests cnocN53.png 500
12 Chests cnocN53.png 1,000
25 Chests cnocN53.png 2,000
52 Chests cnocN53.png 4,000

Progression

Hero Brawls now reward 1 rare loot chest per week instead of 1,000 Gold (rTJbkKV.png). Rewards from progression are as follows

Type When? What?
Common Every Player Level that doesn't grant a Rare/Epic/Hero-specific chest Common quality items or higher
Rare Every 5 Player Levels At least 1 item of rare quality or higher
Epic Every 10 Player Levels At least 1 item of epic quality or higher
Hero-Specific Every 10 Hero Levels At least 1 item for that Hero

WoW Gold

WoW TokenWoW Token can be converted into Battle.net Balance, so you may use WoW Gold to buy loot chests (thanks to @Banard for mentioning).

Rerolls

• Each loot chest can be rerolled three times. The first reroll costs 250 Gold (rTJbkKV.png), all subsequent rerolls cost additional +250 Gold (rTJbkKV.png) (up to 750 Gold (rTJbkKV.png) for the third reroll)
  • Rerolls for Epic loot chests start at 750 Gold (rTJbkKV.png) (thanks to @Caldyrvan)
  • The original contents will be permanently gone when rerolling a chest, so be careful

rTJbkKV.png Gold

• Currency gained from playing matches and completing daily quests used to purchase (permanently unlock) Heroes and reroll loot chests
  • Every 5 Hero levels you receive 500 Gold (rTJbkKV.png)
  • Stimpacks increase Gold gain from playing matches by 150%

cKH02v7.png Shards

• Used to forge Cosmetic items
  • You'll receive a random amount of Shards (cKH02v7.png) from loot chests
  • If a loot chest contains a duplicate item reward (thanks to @Caldyrvan for pointing out), you get
    • 400 cKH02v7.png Shards for a Legendary duplicate item
    • 100 cKH02v7.png for an Epic duplicate item
    • 20 cKH02v7.png for a Rare duplicate item
    • 5 cKH02v7.png for a Common duplicate item

(Source // Source)

• Like 2

Would you guys say it is worth saving gems to buy the 52 Loot Chest? It must take forever to save enough gems (assuming you don't spend real monies to buy gems), but seems like a nice deal, right?

Considering that each loot chest is valued on 100 gems, and that the 52 Loot Chest costs 4000, one would save 1200 gems by buying it.

Edited by Valhalen

1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

Would you guys say it is worth saving gems to buy the 52 Loot Chest? It must take forever to save enough gems (assuming you don't spend real monies to buy gems), but seems like a nice deal, right?

Considering that each loot chest is valued on 100 gems, and that the 52 Loot Chest costs 4000, one would save 1200 gems by buying it.

You are right, that is probably the best thing to do based off of the amount you would save but the amount of patience and discipline  you would need to save that much should at least get you some extra chests in my opinion. I mean, the time you would have to put in to even grind that much......damn. lol

2 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I would think that would depend on how much you yourself might want to use those gems instead to get any individual items at the cost of those gems rather then the random chance of getting it in a loot chest. And if the item you desire is even able to be bought with gems currently. Like for example the Arthus Vampire Count skin, which you can no longer buy with gems or forge with shards so, from the looks of it in-game since it's not shown anywhere at all anymore as if it doesn't exist, can only be acquired randomly as a legendary out of a loot crest. Or another example, that is shown in game as a skin you can get, is Diablo's new Prime Evil skin that you can only get as a a legendary from loot chest.

I would say personally if you were going to get the 52 loot chest for 4k gems then you would want to hoard up your gold like crazy too so you have the gold to spend on all the possible rerolls you'll want to make on all those chest. I myself still have 30 of my loot chest from the change over to 2.0 because I ran out of gold to make re-rolls with and so I'm not gonna roll any chest without the gold to make those re-rolls and give myself better chances at getting items I want from those chest. Of course to the same token you could always hoard those 52 chest if or when you get them. Or any chest you get for that matter as well since you can always open them later when new skins and heroes come into the game that you want. Since they roll at opening rather then when you are rewarded chest. 

To the same end of value in chest, one of my HOTS friends suggested that he has been forging lots of the 40 shard cost 'common'  voice lines and sprays so that when he opens chest and gets them he will at least get 5 shards on a regular basis from the duplicates. It's a decent idea considering there's 5 voice lines per hero and with 65 heroes currently in the game that's 325 voice lines. Which I know has been the majority of commons I've been getting in the chest I open myself.

So there's a few things for you to consider in general when it comes to loot chest and gems and gold and shards and getting the most value out of them.

Dana 'Cyber D' Vonaven

Edited by CyberDVonaven
  • Like 1

For the OP, you might want to add that epic chests cost more gold to re roll them.

Gems: Depending on how much you play it may be pointless to buy chests with gems:

If you can manage to gain at least one level per day (without any major xp bonuses) that would be 30 chests plus possible Hero chests in one month. Using a 30 days stim pack (costs 1000 gems) would earn you about 30 additional levels. This is already better than the chests you can buy for 1000 or 2000 gold. If you are a player that plays more you can easily get 4 levels per day with a stim pack which would be about 60 chests per month you get for 1000 gems.

Considering the time you would need to get 4000 gems this might be a better alternative. It boosts your gold gain from games by 150% as well which might help you to get new heroes or afford chest re rolls.

I know it is not an exact calculation because win bonus is not affected by Stim Pack.

Edited by Caldyrvan

Rerolling chests costs different amount depending on quality. Beyond epic there is also a veteran chest or sth which is more expensive to reroll than epic chests.

Common chests have no minimum quality (4 common or better). Higher quality chests contain a minimum amount of a certain rarity. Epic chests have at least 1 rare item. Veteran chests 1 legendary item.

Thus if gold is available for rerolls it may be advisable to reroll chests at least once the attempt to get more than the minimum amount of higher quality items (or sth you like). If before reroll youre given only the minimum quality items for that chest you cant loose much (in terms of quality item numbers) by rerolling.

Reroll common chests for at least one rare item or better. Reroll Epic chests for at least 1 epic item or better or 2 rares or better. Reroll veteran chest for more than 1 Legendary item, e.g. 1 Legendary + minimum 1 rare or epic.

Also: Isn't the number of shards awarded not random but like in Overwatch determined by the quality of the duplicate item?

There are no Veteran Chests, those were just created for dedicated players to compensate for the lost chest from lower levels. Players got them on launch day depending on they level there is (atm) no way to gain those chest.

Shards is simple, duplicate Items: Legendary 400, epic 100, rare 20, common 5.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingMe said:

You are right, that is probably the best thing to do based off of the amount you would save but the amount of patience and discipline  you would need to save that much should at least get you some extra chests in my opinion. I mean, the time you would have to put in to even grind that much......damn. lol

or just use wow gold.....

12 hours ago, Valhalen said:

i would just use wow gold....

Thank you everyone! Great feedback as usual! I've updated the original post with credits :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Banard said:

i would just use wow gold....

Umm... o_O? I'm guessing a lot of us that play HOTS don't play WoW very much, if at all.

And from what I've been told by friends that play WoW all the time. To even get the 100k in gold in WoW it would take to get a WoW Token from the auction house (which are equal to either $12 or $15 I'm not sure which it is) added to your Blizzard account wallet, changed from the one month of WoW game time it usually provides, it would take you grinding just for gold in WoW for at least several hours or more a night for over a month to get that 100k. And that's assuming you even knew how and where to go for the most efficient ways to even do that and had a character that was a high enough lvl to get it done.

So yeah... Not the best suggestion, but thanks for it anyhow I guess.

Edited by CyberDVonaven

14 minutes ago, CyberDVonaven said:

Umm... o_O? I'm guessing a lot of us that play HOTS don't play WoW very much, if at all.

And from what I've been told by friends that play WoW all the time. To even get the 100k in gold in WoW it would take to get a WoW Token from the auction house (which are equal to either $12 or $15 I'm not sure which it is) added to your Blizzard account wallet, changed from the one month of WoW game time it usually provides, it would take you grinding just for gold in WoW for at least several hours or more a night for over a month to get that 100k. And that's assuming you even knew how and where to go for the most efficient ways to even do that and had a character that was a high enough lvl to get it done.

So yeah... Not the best suggestion, but thanks for it anyhow I guess.

It's a great suggestion. Earning gold in World of Warcraft isn't hard and you definitely don't need to farm several hours a day to earn 100K / month. Many HotS players are also WoW players (there was a quite popular promotion that gave you Primal FlamesaberPrimal Flamesaber mount in WoW). Many WoW players are sitting at millions of gold and don't know what to spend them on. Loot chests and Hearthstone cards are definitely a great sink right there, especially if you're playing more than one Blizzard title.

• Like 1