FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

Siege of Orgrimmar Enhancement Shaman Style

This thread is meant to collect useful pieces of information for Enhancement Shamans attempting bosses in the Siege of Orgrimmar. We will add some contributions ourselves and hope that the rest will come from comments in this thread smile.png

Table of Contents

Immerseus

Tips:

Links:

The Fallen Protectors

Tips:
  • Try using a focusing macro on Sun Tenderheart to interrupt her whenever you can.
  • shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist can increase your burst when you really need it.
  • If you tend to help healers in the burst damage phases, take inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Storm - just remember it doesn't affect spell_nature_giftofthewaterspirit.jpgHealing Rain.
  • Co-ordinate with your healers to work out when to use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance (best used in burst phases like Sun's Desperate Measures) and ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totem.
  • If you have a free Glyph slot, use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Feral Spirit to keep you topped while you're bursting.
  • You can use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem to make sure you have burst damage on every one of Sun's Desperate Measures phase. This is especially useful on Heroic.
  • Heroic: Getting your interrupts in on time is essential, check your keybinds to make it easy to reach.

Links:

Norushen

Tips:
  • Don't worry about helping the healers on this fight; the enrage timer is tight so focus as much as you can on optimizing your damage.
  • Use ability_tracking.jpgSpirit Walk in your Test phase to get to the adds faster!
  • shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist is fantastic - use it on your Test phase and make sure it's back up for Heroism when you get the Amalgam of Corruption below 50%. Remember: you also have your Earth Elemental, which you can use instead of Fire Elemental in your test if you want to save Fire Elemental for Heroism.
  • Save your DPS cooldowns for when you enter the Test phase (if you go in early) or use them at the start and again when Heroism happens (if you go in late).
  • inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Feral Spirit can really help out your healers when the second phase comes around and all the DPS are bursting as hard as they can.
  • Heroic: It's been suggested that an Elemental Mastery and Primal Elementalist build works well here - if you have the cooldown reduction trinket, you can go in first and blow your cooldowns as soon as you get out. Then your cooldowns will be ready for when Heroism happens.
  • Heroic: this fight can get especially intense on healing when your healers are in trials, so take inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Storm and don't be afraid to off-heal using that and ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance.

Links:

Sha of Pride

Tips:
  • The large add that spawns at the back of the room can and should be interrupted and stunned. spell_nature_brilliance.jpgCapacitor Totem can work well here.
  • Glyph for inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Shamanistic Rage in this fight, but ONLY use it when you gain Gift of the Titans. Advanced: You can use your own judgement to tell when you're not going to gain too much Pride and self-dispel when you don't have the buff.
  • If you get Power of the Titans early, use your cooldowns then. Otherwise make sure they're up for Heroism.
  • Use ability_tracking.jpgSpirit Walk when you have to go and unlock someone.
  • When Pride starts getting high in Phase 2, inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Feral Spirit can help the healers out a bit.
  • Heroic: Since there can be a lot of running around, inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Spirit Walk can be very useful.
  • Heroic: It's not very useful to spec for Echo of the Elements on this fight due to the low amount of stack and AoE.
  • Heroic: Self-dispelling using the Glyph of Shamanistic Rage doesn't add pride, so make sure to use this to help your healers out.

Links:

Galakras

Tips:
  • ability_shaman_echooftheelements.jpgEcho of the Elements can massively increase your damage on AoE due to Fire Nova procs.
  • inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Nova will further increase the effectiveness of Fire Nova when the mob packs are large or spreading out a bit.
  • Heavy Mastery builds will further increase your efficiency on the AoE part of the fight.
  • It's been reported that inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Grounding Totem will allow damage to be reflected from Fire Arrows, so glyph for this to use regularly.
  • Heroic: Due to the large number of burst moments you need (Minibosses and Shaman), taking shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist and inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem will really help.

Links:

Iron Juggernaut

Tips:
  • This fight is largely about positioning yourself correctly and avoiding damage.
  • If you co-ordinate with your tanks, you can soak the mines using ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgAstral Shift. This damage is mitigated by armor so acquire a shield and make a weapon-swap macro to help you soak.
  • Heroic: It's important to use your cooldowns to help the raid survive the large amount of damage from the boss. Co-ordinate with your healers for when to use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance and ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totem. A good time to suggest would be the first Shock Pulse on each Siege Mode - just before to top people off or just after to recover health.
  • Heroic: you can use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Storm to off-heal the damage spikes. Chain Heal when you've landed after Shock Pulse to help the raid's healthbars. Cast Healing Rain on the melee as often as possible.
  • Heroic: If you're not running to boss, just keep spamming heals to help out the healers. You won't be able to dps anyway.

Links:

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Tips:

• Heroic: Your damage soaking talent should depend on which boss you are attacking. Harrom uses Toxic Mist which is nicely mitigated by ability_shaman_stonebulwark.jpgStone Bulwark Totem and Kardris uses Iron Tomb which is nicely mitigated by ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgAstral Shift.
  • Heroic: Falling Ash is a very big damage dealer on this fight, so pre-cast Healing Rain and even instant Chain Heals to help the raid survive.

Links:

General Nazgrim

Tips:
  • ability_shaman_totemrelocation.jpgTotemic Projection paired with spell_nature_brilliance.jpgCapacitor Totem can stun the adds, especially when Glyphed. You can also use it to relocate spell_nature_strengthofearthtotem02.jpgEarthbind Totem or spell_nature_stranglevines.jpgEarthgrab Totem to slow down the assassins. The latter breaks the Assassins' stealth.
  • inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Spirit Walk will increase your movement capabilities on this fight.
  • Cycle between ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance and ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totem each time Warsong is used. This will help the healers stabilize the raid's HP levels.
  • Using spell_nature_shamanrage.jpgShamanistic Rageability_shaman_astralshift.jpgAstral Shift and ability_shaman_stonebulwark.jpgStone Bulwark Totem to soak up damage from Warsong is essential. Always try to have a defensive cooldown up for it.
  • In addition, if there's a Warsong coming up soon and your spell_shaman_feralspirit.jpgFeral Spirit have just come off cooldown, wait until Warsong happens to pop them - this will further stabilise your HP.
  • If you can get a Druid to cast spell_druid_symbiosis.jpgSymbiosis on you, you can use ability_vehicle_sonicshockwave.jpgSolar Beam on the Arcweaver adds to help keep them silenced.
  • spell_nature_groundingtotem.jpgGrounding Totem works on Arcweaver spells. If you want to minmax this, get put in a group without any tanks to maximize the chance of soaking it. (In 10M: in tanks group 3/8, in other group 5/8 chance!)
  • Heroic: Burst is important here, so Primal Elementalist and Elemental Mastery builds are excellent here - you can use them at the beginning and on his Berserker phase.
  • Heroic: You should easily be able to lock down a single add (such as an Arcweaver) using all the silence methods available to you in succession.
  • Heroic: It's a good idea to save Heroism until the second Berserker phase due to the hectic nature of the late fight. Your cooldowns should be back up by then from the start of the fight.
Links:

Malkorok

Tips:
  • Speccing for ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance will help build up your shield.
  • inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Fire Elemental Totem will allow you to use it at the start of every Phase 1.
  •  inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Feral Spirit helps give you an extra high shield, as does inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Flame Shock.
  • At the start, under Heroism, blow all your cooldowns (Ascendance, Fire Elemental, Stormlash, Feral Spirits) and use ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance for huge healing and some nice shields. Healing Tide Totem also helps with this.
  • From Krakir; "I was using UE/EotE build but the EM/PE haste build is probably better for more burst at the start with AG for more healing."
  • Heroic: ability_shaman_windwalktotem.jpgWindwalk Totem will clear stacks of Displaced Energy, and can be macro'd in with ability_shaman_multitotemactivation.jpgCall of the Elements as Krakir shows here.

Links:

Spoils of Pandaria

Tips:

Links:

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Tips:

Links:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Tips:

Links:

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Tips:

/target Amber
/startattack 
  • Krakir also has some comments on using Chain Lightning and Fire Nova.

Links:

Garrosh Hellscream

Tips:
  • Suggested talents;
  1. shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpgPrimal Elementalist
  2. ability_shaman_echooftheelements.jpgEcho of the Elements
  3. ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance
  • Also use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Healing Storm - on the transition phases this will buff your Chain Heal to help the healers.
  • Your main DPS focus should be Garrosh himself, but you can spread Flame Shock to the adds and Fire Nova them down. However the main priority is to nuke Garrosh down; extra Fire Novas will deal damage to Garrosh but should be a low priority action.
  • If your group needs more cleave, use inv_glyph_majorshaman.jpgGlyph of Chain Lightning, but if the adds are dying fast enough focus more on Garrosh.
  • Ensure Wind Shear is bound to an easily accessed key (Spacebar is an excellent choice) - you need to interrupt the healing adds and your mind-controlled allies.
  • spell_fire_elementaldevastation.jpgAscendance and 
  • ability_shaman_ancestralguidance.jpgAncestral Guidance can be used together on every transition phase, use them together to help the healers save cooldowns for later in the fight.
  • Don't forget that you can also drop inv_spear_04.jpgHealing Stream Totem and ability_shaman_healingtide.jpgHealing Tide Totemin the transition phases too!
  • Consider using spell_fire_bluecano.jpgFrozen Power to root the adds for better positioning.

Links:

Galakras:
Pick Echo of the Elements for double Fire Nova procs.

Glyph of Fire Nova increases the radius.

Glyph of Chain Lightning might be viable if the adds are 4+

Heavy mastery build increases your fire dmg.

Edited by Krakir
  • Like 1

Malkorok

Ancestral Guidance.

Glyph of Fire Elemental means you can use it at every start of p1.

Glyph of Feral Spirts helps putting a higher shield on you.

Glyph of Flame Shock helps putting a higher shield on you.

Glyph of Healing Storm can help your healers with MW5 Healing Rains.

Bloodlust at start and all your cds (Ascendance, Fire Elemental, Stormlash, Feral Spirits). Popping Ancestral Guidance at the start with all your CDs will help massively on increasing the shield.  You'll probably win healing meter in the first seconds.

Use HTT at start to further increase the shield or use it on stack phase if your healers need help. Same goes with MW5 HR.

I was using UE/EotE build but the EM/PE haste build is probably better for more burst at the start with AG for more healing.

Edited by Krakir

I opted for the following choices while in siege as a resto/enhance shaman.

Immerseus

Shaman:

Glyph Healing Stream

Fire Ele if you are using primal Elementalist

Earth Grab + Totemic projection

Rushing streams to assist healers.  To help with spread.

Enhance: Healing Storm - to assist with healing blobs

Feral spirits to heal after blobs recombine

Fire Nova for groups of blobs

Resto:      Chaning due to spread healing

The Fallen Protectors

INTERUPT when possible!

I can't recall if the adds can be stunned / Grounding totems effectiveness.

Shaman:

shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpg Primal Elementalist all around good talent for output boost / damage reduction

ability_shaman_fortifyingwaters.jpg Conductivity

Enhance: Healing Storm - to assist with burst damage phases

Feral spirits for sustained self heals

Fire Nova for spread AE

Resto:      Cleansing Waters

I do not recommend Glyph of Chaining at all for this fight. You spend the fight stacked fairly often and this hinders your ability to spam CH.

Norushen

INTERUPT THE ADDS!

I can't recall if the adds can be stunned / Grounding totems effectiveness on adds.

Shaman:

Echo of elements all around good for this fight. Overheals not a major issue on this fight.

Glyph Healing Stream

shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpg Primal Elementalist all around good talent for output boost / damage reduction - fire ele for test phase / lust

Enhance: Spirit Walk to get to adds avoid beam

Healing Storm - to assist with burst damage phases

Fire Nova for spread AE

Sha of Pride

INTERUPT THE ADDS!

I can't recall if the adds can be stunned / Grounding totems effectiveness on adds.

ability_shaman_fortifyingwaters.jpg Conductivity is fantastic due to how much stacking their is

shaman_talent_primalelementalist.jpg Primal Elementalist all around good talent for output boost / damage reduction

Ancestral guidence coupled with dps/hps cd for an minor healer cd in effectiveness

Elemental mastery with power of titans buff very nice temp buff.

Resto:      Chainging if your group is bad about grouping for heals

Telluric Currents - no regrets for extra damage during test phase

Cleansing Waters

Enhance: Spirit Walk to get to to locks

Shamanistic rage - to self dispel when you have gift of the titans

Edited by Guest

General Nazgrim:

Totemic Projection will be very useful with Capacitator Totem to stun certain adds, such as the warshaman or the assassin. You can also use it to relocate earthbind/earthgrab totem to stop the assassin's from getting to the marked target.

Glyph of Spirit Walk can be really useful here, as you will spend a lot of time travelling between adds and the boss.

Mammoth Update

Including contributions from Krakir, Coreldan, and Megalithe!

I opted for the following choices while in siege as a resto/enhance shaman.

Immerseus

Resto:      Chaning due to spread healing

The Fallen Protectors

Shaman:

ability_shaman_fortifyingwaters.jpgConductivity

Resto:

I do not recommend Glyph of Chaining at all for this fight. You spend the fight stacked fairly often and this hinders your ability to spam CH.

Norushen

INTERUPT THE ADDS!

Enhance:

I disagree with the selection of points above;

1. I found on Immersius that there was so much spread that Chain Heal wasn't useful at all. Better to use single-target.
  2. Tend to find on Protectors that there is too much movement for Conductivity to be useful.
  3. Again, on Protectors I found that Glyph of Chaining was excellent as it guaranteed full bounces. Since the cooldown is only 2s now, it's not that big a deal (even in stacked phases like the ones on Protectors).
  4. I don't believe that the adds can be interrupted, all the adds we saw had protected cast bars.
  5. As DPS, you should never be worrying about healing on Norushen - the enrage is too tight.

Otherwise all your suggestions seemed reasonable, Megalithe, and I think it was a very useful compilation. Thanks! :)

I think there's some linkfail in the Nazgrim part, at least I don't see how Arcane Explosion would help my mobility... biggrin.png

EDIT: Fixed now, not sure if it was just my end or your end or who's end biggrin.png

EDIT2: Regarding the above comments, I mostly agree. I think Protectors is a pretty good fight to use glyphed CH in, that's what I go for there. Conductivity is terrible there at least the way my guild does it, RS ftw. Immerseus.. the only use I had for CH there was when luckily 3 healable adds spawned close enough to be CHed.. other than that it was useless for me there.

Edited by Coreldan

I think there's some linkfail in the Nazgrim part, at least I don't see how Arcane Explosion would help my mobility... biggrin.png

Nice catch! Fixed. That's what happens when you press "spell" instead of "item" xD

Agree with you on Protectors. Glyph of Chain Heal is nice. Also Rushing Streams or Ancestral Guidance is a better choice than Conductivity. Players are never gonna stay in same place for 40 sec. Rushing Streams helps with the spread or Ancestral Guidance for burst on Dark Medition. That belongs in the resto thread though.

Mammoth Update

Including contributions from Krakir, Coreldan, and Megalithe!

I disagree with the selection of points above;

1. I found on Immersius that there was so much spread that Chain Heal wasn't useful at all. Better to use single-target.
  2. Tend to find on Protectors that there is too much movement for Conductivity to be useful.
  3. Again, on Protectors I found that Glyph of Chaining was excellent as it guaranteed full bounces. Since the cooldown is only 2s now, it's not that big a deal (even in stacked phases like the ones on Protectors).
  4. I don't believe that the adds can be interrupted, all the adds we saw had protected cast bars.
  5. As DPS, you should never be worrying about healing on Norushen - the enrage is too tight.

Otherwise all your suggestions seemed reasonable, Megalithe, and I think it was a very useful compilation. Thanks! smile.png

Oh, forgot about Nazgrim:

You can use AG and HTT in cycles for Warsong and depending how often your raid gets it, you will fairly often be able to help the healers stabilize the raid after the big raid wide damage. Also it's smart to use Shamanistic rage/Astral shift before every Warsong to minimize damage on yourself (I suppose SBT works too, havnt tried it). You should pretty much be able to always have a defensive CD up. Feral spirits can also be popped for Warsong to heal yourself.

Edited by Coreldan

Thok
Stone Bulwark Totem: 30 sec dmg reduction. Tie it with Shamanist Rage. 

Ancestral Guidence: Coordinate with your healers when they want the burst heal. They're gonna have rotation on bubbles and devotion auras. You're gonna want to chain your cooldowns with theirs.

Glyph of MW5 is a must have. As an enhance you have an arsenal of instant offheals that don't get interrupted. Time your  MW5 procs after the Screech and heal instantly after his roar. Instant Chain Heal was giving me better numbers than HR in 10 man.In our kill i got roughly these numbers: AG: 4,5 M - CH: 1,5M - HTT: 1 M. 

You're gonna have to find a balance between giving up your Lightning Bolts for offheals. In some of our tries I was keeping steady 60k hps. Unfortunately we had 2 backups and our overall dps was too low, so I had to focus less on offheals and more on damage. It varies between guilds and their strength and weaknesses. You're gonna have to find that balance that nets you the kill.

Glyph of Fire Elemental lets you summon it roughly at the start of every P1. Must have on this fight.

Glyph of Healing Stream can reduce the nature/frost/fire dmg from the friendly npcs.

Glyph of Feral Spirit heals you and puts less stress on the healers.

Glyph of Flame shock heals you. Total heal in my kill was 700k. I'll test the wolves next.

Edit: PE/EM builds are probably best suited for this fight since you're gonna want to burst heavy on stack phases and then dps the jailor in p2 and let range dps Thok (less chasing around). I had EtoE/UF build though and it worked fine.

Edited by Krakir
  • Like 1

Siegecrafter:

Didn't find any special setup that worked better than other.
Earthgrap Totem works on mines.
I was going on the Assembly line every 1 minute so no real cooldown that I could use there.
Other than using HTT and/or AG on Overloads to help healers.

Glyph of Healing Stream on Overload. Other than that it was just "don't stand in stuff and dps"

Klaxxi:
Glyph of Fire Elemental was nice since you want to burst as often as you can.

Glyph of Capicator Totem and Totemic Projection are nice to stun the bloods.
Glyph of MW5 helped with some offhealing...it can get a bit hectic.
Not really any massive dmg phase just use AG and/or HTT when you see your raid drop.

Killing the Amber quickly enough was a bit of a problem for the first 1 or 2 tries. So we just made a simple target macro.

/target Amber
/startattack

So as soon as DBM/BigWigs yells at you, just press that and then just dps as you would.

Glyph of Fire Nova is fun but useless. You will get higher dps numbers since you can spread FS, UE+FN but it won't really help since they heal every time somebody dies.

Same as using CL on MW5. It will net you higher numbers but won't help the raid since they'll heal up.
Edited by Krakir

Glyph of Fire Nova is fun but useless. You will get higher dps numbers since you can spread FS, UE+FN but it won't really help since they heal every time somebody dies.

Is one advantage of Fire Nova on many targets that the splash will deal more damage to your main target? So I would guess that using FN whenever you have nothing else to cast would be constructive, no?

Otherwise, great tips. Will update when I get time.

Garrosh
Primal Elementalist

Echo of the Elements
Ancestral Guidance
Glyph of MW5

Focus Garrosh but spread FS to the adds and Fire Nova them down. Depending on how much cleave your group needs, you could use Glyph of CL, but ideally you want to focus Garrosh more down. Again you'll have to find a balance between getting the adds down and pushing Garrosh to p2 quickly as possible.

Make sure you are comfortable with Wind Shear, since you're gonna need to interrupt the healing add and your raiders when they get mind controlled.

Ascendance and Ancestral Guidance should be up for every transition phase. Pop it every time to help the healers, since they're gonna need to save their cooldowns for the empowered whirling corruption later on.

I didn't glyp PE and it was up after every transition. So what I did was Ascendance in transition and PE when we got out. Don't worry the dmg you do in transition phase on Garrosh transfers "to him". The AoE damage in transition phases can just sometimes be high depending on how many got the orb so using a dps cooldown with AG ensures you're healing ALOT and helping the healers. 

When AG runs off you can cast CH on MW5 or place HR.

Make sure you have MW5 before Whirling Corruption so you can run to the range group and help with the healing. It can be intense with 2 healers so place HST down as well and off heal in the stack. Glyphing it won't help since its shadow damage.

Edited by Krakir

Is one advantage of Fire Nova on many targets that the splash will deal more damage to your main target? So I would guess that using FN whenever you have nothing else to cast would be constructive, no?

Yeah that's a valid point. Of course when there's everything on CD, use Fire Nova. But using it as a priority for dps increase instead of single target spell probably isn't gonna help.

I decided to check my logs from Garrosh to see how much Fire Nova was doing on him. Fire Nova was nr 1 on my dmg list and split around 12% on Garrosh and 77% on Warbringers, and then rest on transition mobs.

Garrosh took the most damage from. 1) The druid tank 2) Me The Enh Shaman 3) Fury Warrior 4) Affl. Warlock 5) Shadow Priest 7) Fire Mage 8) Balance druid.

In our kill I did use Glyph of CL for more cleaves when the adds were up but didn't use FN uneless everything else was on CD.

So don't be afraid to use AoE, but just don't forget the fight mechancis to win some dps race.

My point was just that the sooner you push Garrosh to phase 2 the more mana your healers are gonna have. The quicker you are bringin him down the less rage he generates. The less rage he generates the easier the fight is gonna be.

Edited by Krakir
  • Like 1

Also forgot on Garrosh I used Frozen Power.

The reason beeing because when the adds spawn it tends to get really chaotic, and you DON'T wan't them killed next to each other. Frozen Power allowed me root one to keep it from running around or if you get targeted by two I could CC one, then move away and dps the other one.