FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mastapetz

Lacking Damage in Raids (especially Botanist), please help

Yo everyone

I started running HC Nighthold resently, and my damage is sub par. Also was in NHC. I just can't figure out completely why.

A small thing I do know, sometimes movement is a bit too tricky for me. Losing stacks because of that makes me want to slam my head on the table.

I use, if I remember right, the "rotation" as given on icy-veins.

Here my Armory

https://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Die%20Aldor/Railong/simple

Here some Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/userreportslist/466658/

Another thing is, sometimes I don't relize a button press of my didn't register and I use the same skill twice.... Is there an add on that prevents me from doing so? I also keep forgeting that activation SEF/Elixir isnt considered an offensive move on its own.

But even if I don't mess up movement and combo stacks, My dps in raids sucks. Dummies in Orderhall avg 518k. HC NH AVG on bosses 398k  :| Simcraft tells me I SHOULD be able to do 648k

I am espacially having Problems with that god forsaken #&%?$ Botanist I don't know if we allready did in with those logs, afer 4 hours of wiping yesterday I didn't feel like uploading them.

My problems with Botanist, especially if the tanks decide to kite him every time the black soup comes on the ground, and when I am fixated by one of the adds:

Rolling out of harms way, trying not to land in the sunburst thing, looking if tank went the way I would have moved to the called location, Lighting to keep the stacks up, roll/tigers lust in, want to resume clobbering that flower sniffer, tank 2 spots of tank 1 and it runs out of melee range and is being "kited" out of sunburst, oh good Chi Burst ist open Phase 1) Well OK, I healed some, but Tank 2 voked again and it ran out of my cast; Phase 2) either as in P1 or  BOOOM an orb spawned right into it.

tl;dr version with Questions: 

Unable to keep right distance to targeted mob due tank kiting, how to change this movement problem on my part
Keeping the god damn mob in fron of me, without hitting mobs I should not.
Staying away from Plants without losing stacks

I can't do too much now, but I can revisit this later when I get home from work.  I looked real quick at one of your recent logs, and then at krosus and star augur.  Some points:

• Really low uptime of 8 stacks of Hit Combo.  50% on krosus and 59% on star augur.  This hurts, a lot.
  • Missing casts of Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Strike of the Windlord, and Whirling Dragon Punch.  A lot of missed casts, all caused by large gaps in between uses.  You also aren't always getting the full 5 hits out of Fists of Fury all the time, which further hurts your dps.
  • Casts of Crackling Jade Lightning and Spinning Crane Kick.  CJL should ONLY be used if you have the legendary chest for Windwalker at 20 stacks of it's buff OR if you're tagging mobs while doing world quests.  Spinning Crane Kick should never be used on Single Target (with a niche exception when using Serenity, which I'm not sure still exists to be honest).
  • A lot of time spent Energy capped.  Not using Energy > Not gaining Chi > Less uses of FoF/RSK/SotW.

I know it's not Botanist specifically, but I'm kinda out of time for now.  I'll get back to this in a few hours, but if I had to guess based on those fights, the same problems are popping up your other fights.

• Like 1

Oh those are things I actually didnt quite get I do wrong .. either I am to old to play monk (in matter of speed)

.... Usually I only use CJL when I need to hustle away for mechanics and want to keep my stacks up (I read your statement on that on a similar post, and  moved it to the lowest priority on my mental list)

Personally I hate CJL because for the channeling, energy expensive thing the damage is poop. It was mainly a "keep 8 stacks up when almost out of energy, and all skills on CD" which happened way more often than I'd like to admit

This is a log from Wednesday, a bit better on my side I think but still not good.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VPvMd71H3AwFCKgj

Another Question, I dunno if it fits to this ... what does it actually mean when I am at the 7% Bracket? Does this only mean my dps or something else too?

Currently I am thinking of rerolling to ranged, because I seem to derpy for melee like monk =.=

On 3.5.2017 at 4:59 PM, Orthios said:

I can't do too much now, but I can revisit this later when I get home from work.  I looked real quick at one of your recent logs, and then at krosus and star augur.  Some points:

• Really low uptime of 8 stacks of Hit Combo.  50% on krosus and 59% on star augur.  This hurts, a lot.
  • Missing casts of Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Strike of the Windlord, and Whirling Dragon Punch.  A lot of missed casts, all caused by large gaps in between uses.  You also aren't always getting the full 5 hits out of Fists of Fury all the time, which further hurts your dps.
  • Casts of Crackling Jade Lightning and Spinning Crane Kick.  CJL should ONLY be used if you have the legendary chest for Windwalker at 20 stacks of it's buff OR if you're tagging mobs while doing world quests.  Spinning Crane Kick should never be used on Single Target (with a niche exception when using Serenity, which I'm not sure still exists to be honest).
  • A lot of time spent Energy capped.  Not using Energy > Not gaining Chi > Less uses of FoF/RSK/SotW.

I know it's not Botanist specifically, but I'm kinda out of time for now.  I'll get back to this in a few hours, but if I had to guess based on those fights, the same problems are popping up your other fights.

you allready got more time?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DyNdJ3Lq8FMQwxZ6

a new log from our Guldan Clear (finally am ahead of the curve, yatta!) this time I did so bad ... I have no idea what was up ... but I pressed each button wrong I could press wrong x.x

2 hours ago, mastapetz said:

you allready got more time?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DyNdJ3Lq8FMQwxZ6

a new log from our Guldan Clear (finally am ahead of the curve, yatta!) this time I did so bad ... I have no idea what was up ... but I pressed each button wrong I could press wrong x.x

Sorry!  Came home from work exhausted and kinda forgot about this thread, my bad.  

Looking through this log, I'm seeing a lot of the same things as last time though: Not casting Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Whirling Dragon Punch, etc. as often as possible, Dropping Hit Combo stacks (looks like it's mostly double Tiger Palms causing this).  I think a lot of these can be resolved by paying better attention to the cooldowns of your abilities (namely FoF, RSK, and WDP).  Be it through better vigilance on your part of through a Weak Aura or Tell Me When icon it should help you to get more casts in of each.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this