FORUMS
Stan

Loot Chest Probabilities for Heroes

ESOMJUKPII101491252351687.jpg

In adherence to a new Chinese law that binds game developers to reveal the odds of receiving items from loot boxes, Blizzard China announced loot chest drop rates.

The original post was translated by redditor czhihong 

Loot chests in Heroes 2.0 can contain items of four qualities: Common, Rare, Epic & Legendary. Below is their average probability.

• Rare - Average of 1 item every loot chest
  • Epic - Average of 1 item every 4.5 loot chests
  • Legendary - Average of 1 item every 17.5 loot chests

(Source)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HenrySteinway said:

this. matters. not.

they did it for the chinese gov who dont like when anyone else (besides them) scams their people

Yeah, either that, or gambling is a major social issue that transcends the concept of country. Who knows, who knows...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

7 Year old son picked up Legendary Demonic Tyrael skin his box just yesterday.

Proud, I was... and sad that I got Emojis instead.

Oh this skin, yeah I got this as my 3rd legendary in the veteran box ;D

7 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

and this fixed it...?

they don't want to eliminate gambling, but there is genuine societal interest in having gambling regulated. The only difference is that in China almost any game of chance qualifies as gambling, whereas in the states (or most of western Europe I think) the prizes need to have actual cash value to be legally considered gambling .

In the  U.S. take the example of a video poker machine which legally must provide a government gambling board with similar details in order to ensure "fair" play - of course, players typically ignore or misunderstand this type of info and continue to play against the odds anyways, but... it's a very different ballgame than if the odds could be anything the house wants at a whim. Not saying OFC that this is how blizz would operate, just the rationale behind this type of regulation of games of chance.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Voltorocks said:

they don't want to eliminate gambling, but there is genuine societal interest in having gambling regulated.

Good explanation. Will be interesting to see if people start taking tallies across large groups to see how close to the "odds" they actually are in 2.0.

In Hearthstone, I get legendary cards half as quickly as I should be (one out of every ~35 packs, rather than 20), but in Heroes, I seem to be getting legendaries at twice the expected rate. I guess what they say is true - RNG evens out; all I had to do was to start grinding level 5s. Either way, I love my Prime Evil Diablo skin - I even started playing Diablo a lot because I got this skin off a common chest.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

all I had to do was to start grinding level 5s. Either way, I love my Prime Evil Diablo skin - I even started playing Diablo a lot because I got this skin off a common chest.

That's what I'm doing! Got about 10 heroes left, then it's time to start grinding everyone to 10 :p

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, Voltorocks said:

Not saying OFC that this is how blizz would operate, just the rationale behind this type of regulation of games of chance.

Government "rationale"

XD

There's two things that dont very often combine.

Edited by PatrickHenry
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 4:59 PM, PatrickHenry said:

Government "rationale"

XD

There's two things that dont very often combine.

My thoughts exactly. I'm laughing though because seeing your name on this post all I can hear is, "Give me Legendaries or give me death!"  Sorry had to say it. xD :P  

• Like 1

I must be getting really lucky! I've gotten around 7 legendaries, either out of about 30 rare, epic and normal loot chests. Had a normal  one recently that had 2 legendaries in it, along with an epic. Anyone else having this kind of luck?

Edited by Niteshadow
Dumb grammatical mistake :P
  • Like 1