Stan

Warcraft Event Coming to the Nexus?

10 posts in this topic

ikbJQM2.jpg

A new Horse mount suitable for jousting was recently spotted in vs AI gameplay.

Redditor Brukov spotted a new Horse mount while he was playing a game vs AI. The mount seems to be suitable for jousting, so maybe a World of Warcraft inspired Argent Tournament event is coming to the Nexus in near future.

A World of Warcraft event makes perfect sense, because we had a Diablo, Starcraft, and now with Hanamura, an Overwatch event. The game doesn't have a Warcraft-themed battleground yet.

8T5j4ro.jpg

(Source)

An Argent Tournament event would be pretty sweet. Maybe they will finally add a raid-like PvE mode where 10 Players fight a huge boss like in Trial of the Champion / Crusader?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

An Argent Tournament event would be pretty sweet. Maybe they will finally add a raid-like PvE mode where 10 Players fight a huge boss like in Trial of the Champion / Crusader?

Would be insanely good as a brawl concept, but would be really weird as most people wouldn't be able to adapt to that in such a small amount of games like brawls usually are. All-in PvE mode would be also rather cool, but would be hard to balance out difficulty wise considering how much of a variety of the skill of the players are in the HotS player pool.

• Like 1

Argent tournament? I hope there won't be any Mysterious Challenger this time.

PvE against one boss would be really cool, though it would probably be difficult to design well, or else it might end up being a regular boss fight or a fight against Punisher.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Argent tournament? I hope there won't be any Mysterious Challenger this time.

PvE against one boss would be really cool, though it would probably be difficult to design well, or else it might end up being a regular boss fight or a fight against Punisher.

I've talked about this before in another thread, and how the whole system could work, but I can't for the life of me remember where I posted it. The possibilities are nearly limitless. I think they could start as a Brawl, but end up moving it as a subsection of the VS AI tab, where players can access different types of PvE content:

• A single lane are with a unique boss/core (as in static) that summons waves of different minions. Or it could even be various Boss enemies fought at once.

• A three-way lane where players would fight waves of stronger minions (like the Zerg Rush from Braxis Holdout), similarly to some Overwatch events. Players would have to defend the core from those enemies without any aid from towers and friendly minions.

I think that considering Blizzard's creativity to design various cool map mechanics, this could work pretty well.

Well, if everything we got is just a glimpse at a mount, then we hope for too much. They released heavily themed Warcraft mounts and skins before without any events.

• Like 1

Dota is a good example of a huge amount of these PvE style events. The Beast Brawl was a good example of it.

Back on April Fool's Day there was a fan made custom trailer for 'New in Development' content trailer for HOTS. That actually included a Starcraft 10v1 boss Brawl. Here's a link for it if you guys wanna see it. The PvE 10v1 Brawl looked SO awesome that this guy did. Also I TOTALLY would buy a Ragnaros magma/rock worm looking skin. So badass looking.

So here the link for the April Fool's 'New in Dev' video.  

This is the same guy that, if you watch Carbot Animations 'It'd Be Cool if... : Widowmaker was in HOTS', had made a video showing off a possible Widowmaker hero (rather then a Nova skin) based off of the way Carbot had thought she could be. And then CArbot made a second video kind of reviewing this guy's Widowmaker video cause he thought it was so cool that he did one based off Carbot's previous video. :D If you wanna see those vids you can find them easy now that you have this video link too :p :)

Edited by CyberDVonaven
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CyberDVonaven said:

So here the link for the April Fool's 'New in Dev' video.  

I have no idea how I never saw this... the quality is insane. It's incredibly well produced!

• Like 1