FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
APHunter

Advice on DPS MM Hunter

Hello :) 

I'm a bit discouraged by my DPS in Nighthold. I started this expansion as a resto druid and decided to switch back to my hunter (mained her in Warlords) to help out with DPS in our raid. I've been playing catch up for a month or so and my Mastery may be a little low. I feel like I have the rotation down ok....but I struggle a bit with which talents to use on each fight.

At any rate any help would be awesome. Thanks so much.

Here are my logs from last night. 

Warcraft Logs   https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RwY82kzvctGZahdm#source=22&fight=1

Armory  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Pagana/simple

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/RwY82kzvctGZahdm/143555884/10

You have incredibly low vulnerable uptime, almost no use of patient sniper, and it seems you forgot about windburst and aimed shot. You have the legendary belt so you'd be better off not running the meme build and instead go for trick shot.

You at least seem to know that you should aim to hit aimed shot right as patient sniper is about to end, but you could definitely do with some practice.

You have the legendary gloves too, so your aimed shot usage/damage is quite low for having them.

Your burst is practically non-existent; MM is known for having burst and on your Trilliax kill you didn't even hit 800k. 

You don't have 4 piece tier set (probably because you're running meme build) and you have shocking trinkets.

Your mastery is fine; so that's not an issue - but you're missing a neck enchant which is 600 mastery.

You spent almost half the fight at max focus.

I think you need to go back and read the rotation and really practice it, and aim to get better trinkets. You've got at least a basic understanding of the rotation but your execution of it is very poor. The guide itself has all the information you need, and if that fails - look at warcraftlogs to see what the top players used on that fight as a suggestion.

In terms of talents, look at your legendaries and what the guide suggests for the fights. You barely have to talent swap in NH, and with the belt the main/only thing you ever want to be changing is volley or AMoC for AoE vs ST. 
Barrage is utterly useless for the amount of focus it costs - plus it's damage is too low compared to volley, especially if the adds are up for more than a few seconds.

• Like 2

Luthixx thanks so much for taking the time to post. I didn't realize my trinkets were "shocking" until you mentioned it. lol They are pretty bad.  I appreciate the info and know what I need to work on now :) 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Pharoanx
      Hello all, I've been in-between two gear sets the last couple days and it's become a headache of sorts to figure out the best combo to use for single-target.
      Here is my armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dawnbringer/pharoanx
      Issue 1) Breaking 4 piece T19 for two pieces of gear that are drastically better; the T19 chest - normal, and legs - 880 w/ mastery socket. I have T20 gloves, helm, and legs if that helps. I have full T19.
      Issue 2) Using Convergence > Tome of Unraveling Sanity; Tome sims better but 4 piece T19 boosts Convergence's usefulness.
      Issue 3) KJ's Burning Wish - Are the stats good enough for single-target? I have no other DPS legendary besides the boots and KJ's that doesn't break a tier bonus, T19 or T20. I have the helm, the cape, the neck, wrists, the two crappy rings, etc. I have heroic Convergence, KJ, 910 Tome, and a mythic Bloodthirsty Instinct
      Issue 4) **Simulations do not match in-game dummy testing**
      The gearset on armory is what out-performs 4 piece T19 in single-target dummy tests.
      TLDR; I need help. Any info/advice would be much appreciated.
    • By Fatzgrind
      Hey there folks
      First of all, I am relatively new to the whole SIMcraft stuff, but I follow the guide done by Azor on youtube.
      So my "problem" is that I read here that Mastery is always better than everything else and while this was the case for me for quite some time, I now have reached a state where my SIM suggests that Haste > Mastery, which I am really unsure, if I should follow it.
      So what's your experience? Did you guys came to that point lately or did I somehow miss a point and did my SIM wrong?
      If anybody could quickly run a SIM for me, that would be very much appreciated. The char name is "Fatzgrind" on Mal'Ganis EU.

Edit--> Armory link to my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malganis/Fatzgrind/simple
      Cheers and thanks for the support!
      F