Stan

B-Step & BeGenius Disband

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

1KAJN2IXOICN1494890412685.jpg

HGC Team B-Step announced via Twitter that they're disbanding as a roster and their HGC spot is currently vacant and Team "Even in Death" will most likely be replacing them. BeGenius are also gone.

Even in Death must retain their 5-player Open Division roster to be eligible for the spot.

B-Step players are considered free agents and can play on any team during HGC Phase 2.

Manager Zoia made a statement on Twitter today:

It is with great sadness that today we are announcing that B Step is disbanding as a roster. This should not come as a total surprise to most of you as these are all very talented players who deserve the best offers and orgs that can support them. We couldn't feel more grateful to the fans who have constantly supported us through our time in heroes of the storm. 

It is with an even heavier heart that I must announce that aPm has decided to take a step back from the competitive scene and announce his retirement. Francis (matre) quickly became one of my favorite players I've ever managed. While the language barrier was a struggle at times as English is not his first language, he always went the extra mile to make sure his message was heard but in a respectful and humble way. He is one of the most kind and thoughtful players I've met and I'm going to miss singing with you, watching you rage in hero league, and all the times you made me laugh. Thank you for everything my friend and best of luck wherever you end up next. 

Francis wanted to leave this message to his fans

"I couldn't have been happier and more honored to be on a team with not only fierce competitors but my friends. The last year of my career has been truly amazing because of the people I call teammate. While I fully understand their reasons to move on, I grew attached to them and I don't see myself wanting to play without them any more. I wish all my friends the best of luck as they move forward in HGC and heroes. Thank you to all my fans for supporting me for so long. You are the best <3"

While I am sad this was the next logical step this is not the end! Keep your eyes out for all our players as they take their next steps in their career. I would like to wish the best of luck and all the love in the world to McIntyre aPm iDream k1pro and Caff. They are all fantastic players and I'm sure they will all end up in amazing places. 

Manager of B Step
Zoia

A lot of questions emerged on reddit following the announcement and Blizzard's Esports Manager showed up to clarify some of them.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hi all,

Jumping in to answer some questions.

• The team is considered dissolved and their spot is currently vacant. B Step has no control over this spot and as such can not create a roster to fill it.

• The players on B Step are considered free agents and have no penalties against them. They may play on any team in HGC NA Phase 2.

• We are currently in the process of finding a replacement for B Step via the Open Division.

• Even in Death has first rites to the spot as the Open Division Playoffs champion. In order to secure this spot the team must retain their full roster of 5 players who played in the Open Division Playoffs.

BeGenius Disband

Following their loss at HGC Crucible 2017, the team exists no more.

Placeholder for tweet 869236779454537729

Welp, predictions of them getting gutted by GFE and others must have been true. Crazy that a team in the top 8 just explodes mid season.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of October 16 and features Yrel, Chromie, Chen, and more.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 16, 2018
      Malfurion Valla Gazlowe Johanna Thrall Dehaka Lúcio Falstad Li-Ming Alarak Yrel (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Tassadar (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Chen (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Chromie (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)
    • By Stan
      Heroes of the Storm Highlights are back with a brand new episode of WTF Moments!
      Episode 114 starts with Sgt. Hammer catching an escaping Sylvanas with her Concussion Mine, Alarak absorbing Kaelthas' Pyroblast for Blaze, killing him with Discord Strike, and more.
      Let us know your favorite moment in the comments below and don't forget to submit your replays here for a chance to be featured in an upcoming episode! of WTF Moments.
      Previous Episodes
      WTF Moments Episode 113 WTF Moments Episode 112 WTF Moments Episode 111
    • By Stan
      Hero sales for next week include Rexxar and Zul'jin. Various skins will also become purchasable with gems starting October 16.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Heroic Deals: October 16 – October 23, 2018
      Our next set of Heroic Deals will begin on Tuesday, October16! Check out the list of upcoming featured items and Hero discounts below.
      Upcoming Hero Sales
      Zul’jin— Sale Price: 375 gems Rexxar — Sale Price: 250 Gems The following skins and mounts will be added to the featured item rotation and will become purchasable with gems until this round of Heroic Deals comes to an end:
      Upcoming Featured Skins
      Emberlord Zul’jin Covert Raider Rexxar Dark Nexus Alarak Toxic Love Doctor Morales Golden Cyberdemon Zarya Violet Roller Derby Nova Upcoming Featured Mounts
      Shadowmoon Hellboar Copper Cloud Serpent
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl is Industrial District! A single-lane Overwatch-themed battleground with shuffle pick and standard play. The objective is to take down the enemy core and you'll receive a Fall of King's Crest Chest when you complete three matches.
      Blizzard
      This week’s Heroes Brawl is Industrial District! Slide around and slug it out in the heart of Volskaya in this Overwatch-themed, single-lane Battleground featuring lots of conveyor belts and tons of action.
      Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of the Industrial District Brawl to earn a Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
    • By Stan
      In our latest Hero overview, we're looking at Mal'Ganis, his abilities, full talents, available skins, and more!
      The latest Heroes of the Storm content patch is available for playtesting on PTR until October 15. The latest PTR patch notes can be found here. Mal'Ganis (Melee Warrior)
      Cunning and intelligent, Mal'Ganis was chosen to bring Arthas Menethil into the Lich King's service. After manipulating the prince into purging Stratholme of life, he finally fell to Frostmourne as Arthas's first act as the Lich King's champion... yet a demon does not die so easily.
      Pros
      Crowd control, survivability, sustain damage Cons
      Easily interrupted, healing reduction Hero Spotlight
      Available Skins
      Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis
      The Dreadmachine armor provides industrialist Malcom Ganis with incredible strength and a staggering ordinance. Sure, it may draw power from an alien's heart, but only minor hallucinations have occurred... so far.

Abilities
      Vampiric Touch (Trait) Mal'Ganis heals for 45% of damage dealt to enemy Heroes and 15% of damage dealt to non-Heroes. Primary Abilities
      Fel Claws [Q] (Mana: 50, Cooldown: 8 seconds) Violently slash in the chosen direction, dealing 72 damage to enemies. Reactivate to slash up to 2 more times. The third lash Stuns enemies for 0.75 seconds.
      Necrotic Embrace [W] (Mana: 30, Cooldown: 8 seconds) Desecrate the air, dealing 110 damage to nearby enemies and gaining 25 Armor for 3 seconds.
      Night Rush [E] (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 16 seconds) After 0.75 seconds, gain 50% Movement Speed for 2 seconds. While active, Mal'Ganis can move through enemy Heroes and put them to Sleep for 2.5 seconds.
      Secondary (Heroic) Abilities
      Carrion Swarm [R1] (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 80 seconds) After 1 second, disperse into an Invulnerable swarm of bats for 3 seconds, dealing 132 damage per second to enemies. Vampiric Touch heals for 100% of Carrion Swarm's damage to Heroes.
      Dark Conversion [R2] (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 80 seconds) Channel on an enemy Hero for 0.75 seconds, then swap Health percentages with the target over 3 seconds.
      Talents
      Level 1
      Winged Guard [W] Each time Necrotic Embrace hits an enemy Hero, gain 50 Physical Armor against the next enemy Hero Basic Attack. If Winged Guard has no charges, Mal'Ganis will gain 1 charge after 6 seconds. Vampiric Aura [Trait] Mal'Ganis and nearby allied Heroes heal for 10% of Physical Damage dealt. Time to Feed [Passive] Mal'Ganis heals for 48 when damaging a nearby enemy Hero. This can occur once every 6 seconds against each enemy Hero. Level 4
      Fueled by Torment [W] While Necrotic Embrace is active, Mal'Ganis heals for 12 when damage is taken and Vampiric Touch converts 15% more Hero damage into healing. Might of Sargeras [W] Necrotic Embrace's Armor is increased to 50, but the duration is reduced to 2 seconds. Echo of Doom [W] When Necrotic Embrace expires, it explodes again for 50 damage. If an enemy Hero is hit, Mal'Ganis retains 25 Armor for 1 more second. Does not wake Sleeping targets. Level 7
      Black Claws [Q] After Mal'Ganis hits an enemy Hero with Fel Claws, his next Basic Attack deals 45% more damage. Will of Tichondrius [Q] The third slash of Fel Claws steals 4% of maximum Health from enemy Heroes. Spreading Plague [E] After Night Rush expires, deal 30 damage per second to nearby enemies for 4 seconds. Basic Attacks against Heroes refresh this. Does not wake Sleeping targets. Nightmare Fuel [Passive] Basic Attacks deal 30% more damage while in a bush and for 4 seconds after leaving. They also deal 125% more damage to Sleeping targets.  Level 10
      Carrion Swarm [R1] (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 80 seconds) After 1 second, disperse into an Invulnerable swarm of bats for 3 seconds, dealing 132 damage per second to enemies. Vampiric Touch heals for 100% of Carrion Swarm's damage to Heroes. Dark Conversion [R2] (Mana: 70, Cooldown: 80 seconds) Channel on an enemy Hero for 0.75 seconds, then swap Health percentages with the target over 3 seconds. Level 13
      Deep Sleep [E] Increase Night Rush's Sleep duration by 0.75 seconds and its Movement Speed bonus by 10%. The Night Beckons [E] After Night Rush's Sleep ends, targets are Slowed by 30% for 2.5 seconds. Blood Rush [Trait] When Mal'Ganis is healed, he gains 1% Movement Speed for 8 seconds, up to 15%. Level 16
      Plague Bats [W] Necrotic Embrace unleashes a wave of bats in front of Mal'Ganis, dealing 85 damage. Frenzied Assault [Passive] Basic Attacks against Heroes with a higher Health percentage grant 40% Attack Speed and 10% increased Physical Damage for 3 seconds. Blind as a Bat [Active] (Cooldown: 80 seconds) Activate to erupt with blind rage, removing the cooldown and Mana cost of Fel Claws, but losing all vision. Lasts 6 seconds. Level 20
      Seeker Swarm [R1] Upon expiring, Carrion Swarm's bats seek nearby enemy Heroes, dealing 132 damage and Sleeping them for 2.5 seconds. Wrath of Nathreza [R2] Enemy Heroes near the target suffer 75% of the transferred Health as damage over 3 seconds. Does not benefit from Vampiric Touch. Vanquish the Weak [Q] Damage from Fel Claws and Basic Attacks Slows enemies by 15% for 1.5 seconds, and Vampiric Touch converts 10% more damage into healing versus Slowed Heroes. Alone in the Dark [E] Enemy Heroes put to Sleep by Night Rush have their vision greatly reduced during the Sleep and for 2 seconds after. You think you can match the might of a Dreadlord?