Stan

7.2.5 Legendary Item Upgrade Clarification

Sign in to follow this  

11 posts in this topic

21777-silence-penalty-coming-to-wow.jpg

Build 24218 added new emissary caches, so it's safe to assume that you shouldn't be stockpiling 7.2 caches in false hope of seeing 7.2.5 Legendary items drop from them after the patch's live.

Here's a list of all caches that will drop new 7.2.5 Legendary items. 7.2.5 Legendary items will start dropping at item level 940 on patch day and only new caches earned after the Tomb opens have the chance to reward an item level 970 Legendary.

Old caches have different IDs and loot options, e.g. Valarjar StrongboxValarjar Strongbox vs Valarjar StrongboxValarjar Strongbox.

After the Tomb's live and you own at least one Legendary item, you will find a new quest in Dalaran to get Stabilized Titan EssenceStabilized Titan Essence and upgrade existing Legendary items from 940 to 970. 

The quest involves collecting 50 Writhing EssenceWrithing Essences that will likely drop from

• Tomb of Sargeras Raid Bosses
  • Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache
  • Emissary Bags
  • PvP Weekly Quests

7.2.5 Legendary items won't drop from Relinquished tokens.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

They've done a very good job, imo, of keeping older content at least somewhat relevant.

Agree. I finally have concordance and planned on taking it easy, when it comes to world quests, but am going to have to complete emissaries to get my legos upgraded now. Same old grindstone.

Why the Hell should we have to do the upgrade quest for every Legendary we have....its stupid  just upgrade the Legendaries and stop wasting our time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rambunxious said:

Why the Hell should we have to do the upgrade quest for every Legendary we have....its stupid  just upgrade the Legendaries and stop wasting our time

You don't get something for nothing in the real world, why should you in Azeroth. If you have that much of an issue with it, don't do it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rambunxious said:

It's okay that we have to do something 4 it. Otherwise there would be an ilvl-boost instantly, this would not be incentive at all.

I don't mind having to upgrade one or two. But I have 14 across my characters at the moment, 10 on the main two characters I play, all to be upgraded... since they upped the drop rate of legends, it's kind of made it an issue... and devaluing them further in my eyes

• Like 1

Thats what i meant....1 quest to upgrade all a toons Legendaries is enuff work      we have already worked enuff to get the Legendaries in the first place.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:19 AM, Rambunxious said:

Thats what i meant....1 quest to upgrade all a toons Legendaries is enuff work      we have already worked enuff to get the Legendaries in the first place.

Surely you don't have to upgrade every legendary immediately? As far as I'm aware, almost every spec has BiS legendaries, so you can always focus on them first?

Even with different legendaries being used for different fights, you'll still likely use 1 constantly and swap another. It's also forcing you to make choices based on what you feel will perform best etc.

Given "Legionfall RecompenseLegionfall Recompense // Legionfall ChestLegionfall Chest" are on the list for legos I hope they are on the list for the upgrade questline so  I plan on having 1500 Legionfall War Supplies 'stashed' ready for the quest.

1000 in bags, and 500 in a completed mission on the soon to be finished CC (US).

Those + hopefully the M+ cache which I'll open after getting the quest should get me damn close to 50 on day 1.

On 6/10/2017 at 5:40 PM, schwarzkopf said:

Given "Legionfall RecompenseLegionfall Recompense // Legionfall ChestLegionfall Chest" are on the list for legos I hope they are on the list for the upgrade questline so  I plan on having 1500 Legionfall War Supplies 'stashed' ready for the quest.

1000 in bags, and 500 in a completed mission on the soon to be finished CC (US).

Those + hopefully the M+ cache which I'll open after getting the quest should get me damn close to 50 on day 1.

You're far better prepared than I am :p

Good luck with opening everything!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Redditor Shaxai and r/wow compiled a list of undocumented changes in the 8.0 pre-patch. Check it out!
      The official Patch 8.0.1 Patch Notes can be found here.
      Undocumented Changes in Patch 8.0.1
      High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple received a new model. Many old creature models have been updated, including vultures, and gorillas. The world map screen you see while taking a boat/zeppelin is shown in HD. Some faction leaders have new voicelines. Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep is bald (bug) Portals to other continents now appear as blue circles on the map. Share The Love is no longer required for Glory of the Hero. Demon Hunters can now purchase Slayer's Tabard for 100 Gold in their Order Hall.  Legion treasures award experience. Blood/Void Elf stealth animations have been updated. Wrynn's Vanguard faction is no longer available with the removal of Ashran. Wrynn's Vanguard Tabard and the title have been removed as well. The tabard can still be purchased if you reached Exalted with the faction before the 8.0 pre-patch. You can fly throughout Ashran. Amani Battle Bear, Amani War Bear & Vicious War Bear received new skins and skeletons. Strand of the Ancients achievements are no longer obtainable. Chromatic Sword drops again. Mountain Horse & Swift Mountain Horse have new models. Daily quests are no longer denoted by a blue exclamation mark, but rather a golden aura. Did you observe any changes not listed here? Post them in the reddit megathread and we'll add them to the list above!
    • By Starym
      No more Battle Chests or purchasing previous expansions, all you need is an active subscription!
      Well, no one has to to buy base WoW anymore, ever! Everything you need to do to play up until the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is an active subscription. No more battle chests and individual purchases, just pay that monthly fee and access the entire game as it is at the moment, with nothing missing until August 14th, when you'll have to buy BfA for the new content. Additional digital deluxe items from each expansion are available at the Blizzard shop individually, but it's now easier than ever to jump into the game and just start playing.
      Recruit a Friend has also been updated:

Source: r/wow.
    • By Stan
      We found a cutscene with Vol'jin that presumably takes place after players defeat Blood God G'huun in Battle for Azeroth or at the end of the Zandalar Forever Scenario. This article contains spoilers.
      Now, remember this is an Old God expansion and we can't be exactly sure if it's really the good old Vol'jin or some sort of illusion that we're dealing with here.
      In the cutscene, Spirit of Vol'jin tells Princess Talanji to become the leader of her people and show them some sort of blade that was possibly used to kill G'huun. It's interesting to see that King Rastakhan does not appear here, suggesting he might be dead and it might be the right time for Princess Talanji to take over. The cutscene is a throwback to to the Black Panther movie. Credit to LeystTV for the video.
      Transcript
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem, leader of Zandalar. Show da blade to those dat need to see it da most. Give dem peace. 
      Princess Talanji: Dis was not my achievement.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya brought de champion to dese shores against ya father's will. Ya learned da secrets of G'huun when no one be listenin'.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya set in motion what be needed ta save ya people. Now, more than ever, dey be callin' for a leader dey can love and trust.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem da blade. Become da symbol dey need.
      Princes Talanji: Behold de blood of G'huun. By his will were borne de deaths of Shadra, Hi'reek, Torga, and ...and Rezan.
      Princess Talanji: By his will were borne de deaths of so many of our brothers and sisters.
      Princess Talanji: Let dis glaive be displayed as a reminder dat no matter how far we fall, no matter how much we lose, we are Zandalari! We adapt, we find a way to survive!
      Princess Talanji: If it were not for dis hero of de Horde, our losses would have been far worse. DIs proves, more than ever, dat it is time for us to adapt, to become part of de world again.
      Princess Talanji: Zandalar forever!
    • By Starym
      The patch is now live on EU, NA and AU servers, after some difficulties with offline realms and connectivity issues, so Blizzard have shared some known issues as well as some additional info on upcoming hotfixes for BoA legendary acquisition via Wakening Essences and the honor/prestige level changes.
      Known Issues (source)
      Hello all,
      Below is a list of known issues for patch 8.0.1. Please note that this list is not a complete depiction of what we're aware of, but a sampling of issues we believe players may encounter more often. We'll try to keep this updated with trending issues when possible.
      General
      Mounts: Gladiator's Proto-Drakes do not display information on how to obtain mounts in journal.
      Sometimes when summoning a player as they change zones, the summon prompt will not appear.
      Stat & Spell Squish Impacts
      There are multiple issues with legacy spells & monsters scaling incorrectly.
      Dungeon and Raid
      Legacy Loot: Many raid creatures no longer drop gold.
      Highmaul: Highmaul bosses are not dropping the appropriate amount of gold when the raid is set to mythic.Dungeon Journal - Baradin Hold: There exists an option to view Baradin Hold in 10/25 man Heroic even though the difficulty does not exist.
      A Lua error may occur if you try viewing the dungeon journal from the bonus roll prompt while outside of the instance.
      Communities/Guilds/Groups/UI
      Communities will reference "Starter Edition" accounts as "Veteran Trial".
      Guild: Inviting players who are currently in your group to a guild may produce an assertion.
      Opening the Character Pane after equipping a newly acquired item on a character may result in a crash.
      Looting the corpse after a boss encounter while in a group may produce an assertion.
      Communities: Blank spaces will appear in Guild rosters if players have not logged in for multiple years.
      Players may be unable to whisper cross realm when selecting whisper from Communities UI.
      Compatibility
      DX12: Intel PSO caching issue with Intel unreleased driver.
      DX12: Crash may occur when game uses more GPU Memory than hardware allows.
      Performance on some GPUs while using DX12 is lower than DX11.
      And here are some previous tweets we already covered, so you're up to date on everything in case you missed it, featuring Allied Race unlock requirements, Brawler's Guild currency conversion and Mythic mounts:
      You can also check out the patch notes here.