FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Mage Tier 14 Set (T14) Bonuses

T14 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your spell_nature_starfall.jpgArcane Missiles spell by 7%, increases the damage done by your spell_fire_fireball02.jpgPyroblast spell by 8%, and increases the damage done by your spell_frost_frostblast.jpgIce Lance spell by 12%.

T14 4P Bonus - Increases the damage bonus of spell_nature_lightning.jpgArcane Power by an additional 10%, reduces the cooldown of spell_frost_coldhearted.jpgIcy Veins by 50%, and reduces the cooldown of spell_fire_sealoffire.jpgCombustion by 20%.

Edited by Damien
Updated for Patch 5.1.
  • Like 1

The 4piece bonus sounds like the t13 bonus now but without all the mumbo jumbo of "when you have so many stacks of blahblahblah I'm not listening anymore"

No mechanical changes for Mages. Just more throughput. It will be entertaining to see what the consensus is on who gets tier first. Currently, I think it has to be the healers.

Regardless of what does, or does not occur, I'm sure that Icy-Veins will help us all get sorted and situated! Posted Image

No mechanical changes for Mages. Just more throughput. It will be entertaining to see what the consensus is on who gets tier first. Currently, I think it has to be the healers.

That probably depends on what the fights are going to be all about during progression. If they're DPS races or if there are no healing issues overall and more DPS would end it all quicker, then I don't think the healers should get a free pass :P

For some reason, I'm under the impression that these bonuses are going to favor Arcane.

The bonusses of T14 of mages has chanced.first one is now arcane missles instead of barrages and the dmg of that is increased by 7%, pyroblast by 8% and ice lances by 12% (that's for 2set)

for 4set the next things chanced: increase dmg bonus by arcane power by 10% (down from 15%), reduce cooldown by icy veins by 50% (up from 45%) and the cd of combustion is still 20%

Also i wanne clear out that the t13 4th set also chances: Instead of being a fixed amount of sec per stack it's now 5%.

PS i have no idea how to make it so you can see the spells if you mouse over them :)

Edited by MichaelTheys

Thanks for pointing it out. They've been changing so often that we've kind of given up on updating those threads. We will make a batch update once things stabilize :P

Thanks for pointing it out. They've been changing so often that we've kind of given up on updating those threads. We will make a batch update once things stabilize Posted Image

Oke, then ppl yust mouse over the T14 set bonusses and you can see what it is :P

Here is a question im yet to find answered...

Im a Fire mage, 489 in most slots. sha has not dropped my 496 tier for me - i have none.

with the release of HoF2 it is possible to get tier set.

is two-piece 483 better than two 489's? 8%pyro vs a decent loss of stats?

Cheers

Here is a question im yet to find answered...

Im a Fire mage, 489 in most slots. sha has not dropped my 496 tier for me - i have none.

with the release of HoF2 it is possible to get tier set.

is two-piece 483 better than two 489's? 8%pyro vs a decent loss of stats?

Cheers

"Don't forget that Normal difficulty Terrace of Endless Spring and the second half of Raid Finder difficulty Heart of Fear is opening this week! Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring and Raid Finder Terrace of Endless Spring open next week"

Front page of MMO champ :P

Other than that I would suggest that 2 piece would be better than 489 gear. For me pyroblast makes up ~30% of raid damage, Increasing that by 5% -> ~1.5% total damage increase. Not to mention the potential for larger crits to improve my combustion (via greater ignites).

I don't believe two pieces having 6 ilvl higher will make up for ~2% total damage.

A lot of this will come down to testing once more and more people are actually able to attain this level of gear though. (Alternatively, if I was competent at using simcraft I could try and work it out, unfortunately, I am not :P )

"Don't forget that Normal difficulty Terrace of Endless Spring and the second half of Raid Finder difficulty Heart of Fear is opening this week! Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring and Raid Finder Terrace of Endless Spring open next week"

Front page of MMO champ Posted Image

Other than that I would suggest that 2 piece would be better than 489 gear. For me pyroblast makes up ~30% of raid damage, Increasing that by 5% -> ~1.5% total damage increase. Not to mention the potential for larger crits to improve my combustion (via greater ignites).

I don't believe two pieces having 6 ilvl higher will make up for ~2% total damage.

A lot of this will come down to testing once more and more people are actually able to attain this level of gear though. (Alternatively, if I was competent at using simcraft I could try and work it out, unfortunately, I am not Posted Image )

not sure what you meant by quoting that? o_O

I am well aware that HoF part2 is out, hence my post :P

two set tier gives 8% pyro damage and pyro usually around 35-38% of my damage. looks like it will be better than two 489 pieces (even if they are itemised perfectly)

Ran HoF2 last night. Didnt get anything so wont be able to test :(

on a side note - that is a much harder raid to 'pug' lucky we queued as a guild and explained every fight to everyone otherwise it wouldve been a disaster!

would it be a dps gain to use the raid finder 483 set over 489s?

I play frost dps and have 3x 483 and 1x 494 set pieces but i also have a 489 i can swap for the set piece.

How much of a benefit is 50% cd on icy veins

Also whats a good haste rating to have with just some self buffs, i read earlier after 22% haste, frostbolts no longer benefit from the global cooldown reduction.

Another question what stat ratings should i use in ask mr robot, and where can i get an update list of these, do they change from patch to patch?

would it be a dps gain to use the raid finder 483 set over 489s?

I play frost dps and have 3x 483 and 1x 494 set pieces but i also have a 489 i can swap for the set piece.

How much of a benefit is 50% cd on icy veins

Also whats a good haste rating to have with just some self buffs, i read earlier after 22% haste, frostbolts no longer benefit from the global cooldown reduction.

Another question what stat ratings should i use in ask mr robot, and where can i get an update list of these, do they change from patch to patch?

If it's just a matter of swapping one piece of ilevel 489 for one set piece of ilevel 483, you should definitely use your 4-piece bonus.

With the 4-piece bonus, the cooldown of Icy Veins becomes 1min30s. This is a 2% damage increase in theory.

The 22% haste is only when Time Warp and Icy Veins are combined. You can always use Icy Veins after Time Warp to avoid that, or you can use Glyph of Icy Veins.

And yes, stat weights do change. They actually change every time Simulation Craft is updated :P We are working on a feature that will make it easy for people to see stat weight values. Stay tuned!

Sorry to necro - but i cant seem to find the information I am looking for.

Frost mage.

I have 4p t14 496. last week I got 528(shoulder) & 522(legs) pieces. I swapped out two of my tier pieces(496shoulder & 504legs) for these items as the stat upgrade seemed to outweigh 50% cd on IV... *Unfortuneately i dont have the chest piece to still keep my 4set + my thunderforged shoulders...

What I am looking for is the effective haste rating 4piece t14 gives.

and thus which is better dps new gear vs. 4piece.

tia

**EDIT: more info added.

Edited by specialk