FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
franksredhot

Returning Player - 2pc BM question

So I'm a returning player. I've been trying to catch up on the Tier bonus + Stomp/DFrenzy thing.

The latest post I can find is this post from earlier in the year.

Can someone explain the current state to me? I am running a 2 piece with Dire Frenzy at the moment. Should I switch to Stomp?

Dire Frenzy all the way - stomp is an outdated talent choice and isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, franksredhot said:

So I'm a returning player. I've been trying to catch up on the Tier bonus + Stomp/DFrenzy thing.

The latest post I can find is this post from earlier in the year.

Can someone explain the current state to me? I am running a 2 piece with Dire Frenzy at the moment. Should I switch to Stomp?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents

Luthixx is right. Stomp used to be better for AoE, but Dire Frenzy now increases your Beast Cleave damage as well, so it is now the go to talent regardless.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sharknad0 said:

Luthixx is right. Stomp used to be better for AoE, but Dire Frenzy now increases your Beast Cleave damage as well, so it is now the go to talent regardless.

Dire Frenzy always affected Beast Cleave. The issue was that when 7.1.5 released with Tier 19 in Nighthold, the 2-piece bonus had no effect on Dire Frenzy; this was hotfixed fairly late, given that everyone complained about it since the PTR.

Furthermore, Dire Frenzy synergizes with Thunderslash when the new trait appeared with 7.2, which really tipped the scales in favor of Dire Frenzy.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Khallid said:

Dire Frenzy always affected Beast Cleave. The issue was that when 7.1.5 released with Tier 19 in Nighthold, the 2-piece bonus had no effect on Dire Frenzy; this was hotfixed fairly late, given that everyone complained about it since the PTR.

Furthermore, Dire Frenzy synergizes with Thunderslash when the new trait appeared with 7.2, which really tipped the scales in favor of Dire Frenzy.

Very well put. But another thing to note is that Thunderslash is being nerfed again in 7.2.5, and with the new legendary ring, Stomp + OWTP is making a comeback. It will without a doubt be a viable build, about on par with Dire Frenzy.

Stick with Dire Frenzy until you somehow get lucky enough to get the new legendary ring coming in next patch, which will then give you the option of Stomp + OWTP if you prefer that style.

12 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Very well put. But another thing to note is that Thunderslash is being nerfed again in 7.2.5, and with the new legendary ring, Stomp + OWTP is making a comeback. It will without a doubt be a viable build, about on par with Dire Frenzy.

Stick with Dire Frenzy until you somehow get lucky enough to get the new legendary ring coming in next patch, which will then give you the option of Stomp + OWTP if you prefer that style.

Need to wait until the sims come out. I wonder if Dire Frenzy + Blink Strikes would work better actually, since Tier 20 doesn't seem to synergize well with Dire Beast. The Stomp+OWTP build requires Tier 19 to be strong. Then again, maybe the 2-piece Tier 19 plus 4-piece Tier 20 combo would still work in its favor.

Returning players are at a big disadvantage in the legendary game. It's all about playing a lot of content. I give it at most a month until I get the ring. Since I already have all 10 current legendaries, the new ring and the new chest are the only ones that can drop next patch, so even if unlucky, it will be pretty quick. However, if you don't have any, that's a 1/12 chance in 7.2.5 to get what you want, which is pretty bad.