demonardvark

7.2.5 DK Changes, Items, Etc.

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

so nothing here is terribly breaking news or information just taking all of the information Stan organized on the front page and homogenizing it for DK.

Class changes:

Death Knight [Top]

 

New Legendaries:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think frost would probably be better for single target (though they'll be noticeable closer), but unholys AoE now will surpass frost even more. Thinking about the blast radius nerf it actually isnt that bad for single target since my Obli, cryst, and BoS tend to be right behind HB so the damage buff they get should off set the BR nerf.

Also I see frost doing more AOE then unholy if they have the new legendary ring and FsC since FsC now triggers Rime and can do Thronebreaker damage, though if they spec that they'll probably do a little less ST damage than Unholy since they're giving up another legendary that would be more beneficial for ST.

My real interest is Frost T20 set with it being able to sustain pillar for longer periods of time and having stronger  pillars in general is that would it make the legendary bracers BiS? since Pillars uptime could potentially see an almost 50%+ increase most of the time meaning ur getiing 15% frost damage for almost half (if not more) during a normal boss fight?

Edited by alleraz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now its sort of up in the air. There are a lot of gloom and doomsayers about frost others think frost will be just fine. We have to wait for the final patch to go through and see what emergency changes they may make. So I say until at least we have a couple weeks of tomb logs a definitive statement is either bias or just speculation/ educated speculation.

Now with the nerf to blast radius it does sort of undervalue the fact that FsC can now proc rime, i mean its still a plus, it helps (helps) move away from BoS potentially in mythic plus. The big question is does FsC trigger thronebreaker on the first target or each of them? If its each of them then boy howdy yeah there is some room there for leet deeps. 

If things stay the same ring/ bracer (wrist) combo would appear to be best with the tier 20 bonus. Basically the 2 piece increase value of wrist but the 4 piece the value of the belt. So considering that if one has CoF and Tier 20 bonus wrist/belt may in fact overcome. That would need to be played around with though, that's just musing atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take on FsC with thronebreaker is that it has a 50% chance to proc on hit to all targets, atleast thats how I interpret it, same with Rime with 3+ targets Rime will have a greater chance to proc with FsC then with Obli and thronbreaker pretty much has a guaranteed chance to hit atleast 1 target. I see the new legendary ring being BiS or close to it for mythic+ dungeons.

As single target is concerned I really dont see a big change in Frost DPS then again I only have 1 relic that gives me a BR rank( my luck with relics suck) so im not going to see a big of a nerf like with ppl who has all the 3 relics so the 3% overall buff will probably even out my dps.

I do agree we wont really know until the raid actually comes out and the T20 is out to see which spec  is "better".

Edited by alleraz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alleraz said:

My take on FsC with thronebreaker is that it has a 50% chance to proc on hit to all targets, atleast thats how I interpret it, same with Rime with 3+ targets Rime will have a greater chance to proc with FsC then with Obli and thronbreaker pretty much has a guaranteed chance to hit atleast 1 target. I see the new legendary ring being BiS or close to it for mythic+ dungeons.

As single target is concerned I really dont see a big change in Frost DPS then again I only have 1 relic that gives me a BR rank( my luck with relics suck) so im not going to see a big of a nerf like with ppl who has all the 3 relics so the 3% overall buff will probably even out my dps.

I do agree we wont really know until the raid actually comes out and the T20 is out to see which spec  is "better".

I could comment further but in many ways its redundant. I basically agree with all your agreements XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Durthh said:

Do the new legendaries drop with 7.2.5 or when ToS opens?

Probably with 7.2.5. they're going to be random drops just like with any other legendarys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, alleraz said:

Probably with 7.2.5. they're going to be random drops just like with any other legendarys.

correct, they are coming out today and sadly are just random rng poop pellets. people were really hoping at least with the ring it would be order hall or lore based but nerp, just gotta pull the lever and hope you get a jackpot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

correct, they are coming out today and sadly are just random rng poop pellets. people were really hoping at least with the ring it would be order hall or lore based but nerp, just gotta pull the lever and hope you get a jackpot. 

Or, more likely, pull the lever and get a crappy item that goes straight to dust or off to the vendor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shells said:

Or, more likely, pull the lever and get a crappy item that goes straight to dust or off to the vendor.

 

my obliterum forge is hot T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.6.2017 at 3:00 PM, alleraz said:

My take on FsC with thronebreaker is that it has a 50% chance to proc on hit to all targets, atleast thats how I interpret it, same with Rime with 3+ targets Rime will have a greater chance to proc with FsC then with Obli and thronbreaker pretty much has a guaranteed chance to hit atleast 1 target. I see the new legendary ring being BiS or close to it for mythic+ dungeons.

As single target is concerned I really dont see a big change in Frost DPS then again I only have 1 relic that gives me a BR rank( my luck with relics suck) so im not going to see a big of a nerf like with ppl who has all the 3 relics so the 3% overall buff will probably even out my dps.

I do agree we wont really know until the raid actually comes out and the T20 is out to see which spec  is "better".

It seems that the proccchance for rime increase per target. On five targets rime proccs evertime i use Frostscythe. I dont think this is intended because Thronebreaker's procchance is veeeery low even with 5+ targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nique said:

It seems that the proccchance for rime increase per target. On five targets rime proccs evertime i use Frostscythe. I dont think this is intended because Thronebreaker's procchance is veeeery low even with 5+ targets.

I have to test this out but the game isnt up yet for me. Also thronebreakers proc chance shouldnt be very low since its at 50%  it might not be working as intended. It would just make since if thats how fSC now works if not then its not really that much more useful then it was pre patch.(though with the ring AoE would go up a decent amount)

Edited by alleraz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alleraz said:

 

Ok I dont know why it decided to not show up my comment... Just logged in and it seems some things are amiss, the 3% buff doesnt extend to everything just my obli everything else is doing the same amount of damage.

 

scratch that I had my tanking set on... I hate when I forget to change sets

 

Just tested out my st dps and sure enough its pretty much the same, still have to test FsC though.

 

Just tested out FsC and yea 5 target guaranteed a rime proc but thronbreaker seems to proc about 2-3 times on 3 uses of fsC in 5 man so... I dont know if thronebreaker is working correctly or if RIme is working correctly or it could just be that they are both working correctly.

Edited by alleraz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they fixed Frostscythe very quickly, it doesnt procc that often anymore even with more targets. Too bad i was looking forward to this. At least the build on the ptr still have it. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.