FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Pre-ToS Tier 20 Set Bonus Tuning

HeaPUq9.jpg

More tuning going on ahead of next week's Tomb of Sargeras grand opening, and this time we have set bonus changes for a whole lot for specs. There's buffs, nerfs and a surprising amount of 2 and 4 piece bonuses getting swapped around so close to the raid release, so let's just get into it:

Blizzard LogoSeph (source)

Greetings,

Along with the launch of Patch 7.2.5 we are making tuning adjustments to a number of soon-to-be-available Tier 20 set bonuses. The target is as usual, relative power balance between Tier 20 set bonuses of different classes/specs and with the previous tier's set bonuses.

Note that this is the round of Tier 20 tuning we're doing before Tomb opens, and we may make further adjustments as needed once Tomb opens and we have more live data.

Death Knight - Frost

Druid - Balance

Druid - Feral

Mage - Frost

• Item - Mage T20 Frost 2P BonusT20 Frost 2P Bonus: Critical strike damage bonus granted reduced to 20% (down from 30%).

Hunter - Marksmanship

Monk - Windwalker

• 2pc: Swapped with 4pc and is now: Rising Sun KickRising Sun Kick critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Fists of FuryFists of Fury by 3 sec (up from 2 sec).
  • 4pc: Swapped with 2pc and is now: "When Fists of FuryFists of Fury ends, the critical strike chance of Rising Sun KickRising Sun Kick is increased by 65% (up from 50%) for 5 sec."

Paladin - Retribution

Priest - Shadow

Rogue - Assassination

• 2pc: Swapped with 4pc and is now: "GarroteGarrote costs 25 less Energy and has 12 sec reduced cooldown."
  • 4pc: Swapped with 2pc and is now: "GarroteGarrote deals 60% (up from 30%) increased damage."

Rogue - Outlaw

Shaman - Elemental

Warlock - Affliction

Warrior - Arms

June 13th hotfixes / 7.2.5 Patch notes.

And again, Blizzard gives MM a 50% nerf before the effects are even seen on live. Why do this PTR nonsense if they're to afraight to try and see how it works out for real instead of simulations?

Last time it was the Unerring Arrows trait 50% nerf before people had the chance to try its full effect, now Tier20 4P bonus.... makesmefeelsad :(

Edited by AartS
  • Like 1

Another nerf to T20 for frosts :C? Is this some kind of joke? For extra 15 sec of pillar i need 60 sec breath? With so heavy movement fights,lose from T19 where it will be possible to cast long enough breath? From the possible middle of the pack to very bottom,thx blizz.

1 hour ago, Arhol said:

Another nerf to T20 for frosts :C? Is this some kind of joke? For extra 15 sec of pillar i need 60 sec breath? With so heavy movement fights,lose from T19 where it will be possible to cast long enough breath? From the possible middle of the pack to very bottom,thx blizz.

I can easily cast 60 sec breaths without the t19 4 piece... u should still be able to get 50%+ uptime from pillar on most fights. It just means you'll have to work in Frost Strike more often between BoS CDs (and maybe see if u can sneak some in during BoS).

Edited by alleraz

4 hours ago, alleraz said:

I can easily cast 60 sec breaths without the t19 4 piece... u should still be able to get 50%+ uptime from pillar on most fights. It just means you'll have to work in Frost Strike more often between BoS CDs (and maybe see if u can sneak some in during BoS).

^This.

The change is kind of poopy but not earth shatteringly bad. 

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

^This.

The change is kind of poopy but not earth shatteringly bad. 

To be honest I'm surprised they didnt put a cap on how much STR increase the T20 4 piece gives... Right now it seems we could get 20%+ more str from pillar (though that'll be hard to do).

Edited by alleraz

7 hours ago, AartS said:

And again, Blizzard gives MM a 50% nerf before the effects are even seen on live. Why do this PTR nonsense if they're to afraight to try and see how it works out for real instead of simulations?

Last time it was the Unerring Arrows trait 50% nerf before people had the chance to try its full effect, now Tier20 4P bonus.... makesmefeelsad :(

Because the potential effects are too serious to risk.  If they leave things too powerful, Mythic gets farmed in the first week.  If they nerf things too much, you end up with C'thun 2.0 where nobody can kill anything.  

57 minutes ago, alleraz said:

To be honest I'm surprised they didnt put a cap on how much STR increase the T20 4 piece gives... Right now it seems we could get 20%+ more str from pillar (though that'll be hard to do).

that may actually be intentional, with the nerf to blast radius, and the loss of Tier 19 bonus, having the Tier 20 4 set be powerful could be intentional to help offset power loss. even then although blizzard said i believe in WoD they dont' like there being huge gaps in player dps (ie some boomkins were doing 80k others were doing 300k (example)) skillful use of the bonus may be a reward kind of thing. so yes it can be powerful but you have to work harder to make better use of it

ultimately just musing i s'pose *shrugs*

12 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

that may actually be intentional, with the nerf to blast radius, and the loss of Tier 19 bonus, having the Tier 20 4 set be powerful could be intentional to help offset power loss. even then although blizzard said i believe in WoD they dont' like there being huge gaps in player dps (ie some boomkins were doing 80k others were doing 300k (example)) skillful use of the bonus may be a reward kind of thing. so yes it can be powerful but you have to work harder to make better use of it

ultimately just musing i s'pose *shrugs*

The nerf to blast radius only affected my AoE dps, my single target is the same so interms of power loss on raid bosses I dont really have any, thats not including the lost of the T19 4 piece though which will be a slight power loss.

I do agree it does make Frost more intresting to play with the T20 set bonuses since you actually have to work to get the best out of the set, but thats not a bad thing since Frost is generally easy to play and this added layer just spices things up a bit.

2 hours ago, alleraz said:

I do agree it does make Frost more intresting to play with the T20 set bonuses since you actually have to work to get the best out of the set, but thats not a bad thing since Frost is generally easy to play and this added layer just spices things up a bit.

I agree with your agreement 

giphy.gif