Stan

Patch 7.2.5 Alts & Returning Players

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

G164P3F.jpg

A guide for alts and returning players updated with latest changes for Patch 7.2.5.

Artifact Knowledge Catch-Up

• A recent hotfix reduced the research time to 3 hours and 35 minutes (per AK Level) and reaching the current Artifact Knowledge Level 40 cap should be faster than ever
  • If you reached AK 40 on your main, you can buy Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VIIArtifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII for 1,000 Order Resources and mail them to your alt for instant AK Level 40
  • If you're at Artifact Knowledge 25, you'll have to complete the Broken Shore Scenario and Seeking Lost Knowledge, before you're able to continue your research

Class Guides

• All our Class Guides have been updated for Patch 7.2.5 and we also have a leveling up guides to help you pick the best Talents on your way to 110

Flying

Gearing

• ObliterumObliterum now upgrades crafted gear up to 900.
  • When the Nether Disruptor is up in your region, don't forget to kill Broken Shore World Bosses for 900+ loot
  • Relinquished items remain at item level 880
  • Base item level of World Quest rewards hasn't increased, but they can Titanforge at a higher cap

Legendary Items

Leveling

i appreciate the "invasion can typically get you one level" (slightly paraphrased) part. I'm typically a raging altaholic but I can't bring myself to level this time around. I think its the whole nature of the world quests, you are literally doing the story quests 1000 times but when doing it on an alt you just can't blow up half of the map and be on your way. it takes more time.

so hopefully this knowledge will help me tend to my neglected alts XD.  

Having invasion leveled 3 characters now one important thing to note is that mobs scale with level but your gear is staying the same which gets....painful on non pet classes after a while.

There is something that might be confusing on the order of your post without clarification.

For your first character surpassing 25, you have to do the Quest line to unlock 26-40.  On any other Alt, you can just skip straight to 40.

Have done this myself on some of my Alts, but the ordering of how to deal with AK for Returning/Alts does not clarify this fact for others.

I'm not sure about invasions being the fastest way to level.  I mean sure it gets you about a level every time, however, in the course of a day I can get from 100 to 110 without invasions, having 9 110's trust me... I've done it both ways, with invasions, without, invasions only, and only leveling in spare time.  To me the truly fastest way is just to put on some music put your head down and just grind through it invasions or not.  Although, the extra nethershards are nice for when you hit 110.

So after doing some math if you don't sleep and click the button to start your next AK level it will take you approximately 53 hours and 42 minutes (my minute to decimal conversion is probably terribly off please feel free to correct me)  That's clicking straight through, without sleep, being at the AK trainer at exactly the moment you can start the next one.  So I'd say it'll take the average player to get from 26-40 in approximately 4 to 5 days, maybe even a week for the more casual returning players.  I still personally disagree with this, however, you can see my disagreements in a different post.

For returning players taking advantage of the reduced AK research time I would very STRONGLY suggest using the Legion Companion App.  Just set a clock timer for 3 hours and 35 minutes while you're not logged in and just hop in the app grab the AK start the next one.

I get that Blizzard currently doesn't want us wearing more than two legendaries because of the power spike it can cause, however, with the amount of legendaries in this expansion and the fact that they are just random drops from chests, bosses, and other things it's kind of taking the fun/achievement from obtaining them.  I mean you go from "OMGOMGOMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMG LEGENDARIEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS YAYAY I FINALLY DID IT."  to "oh cool another legendary I wonder where it ranks compared to my others."

I'm a bit concerned that they went over the top on some things trying to compensate for past low points.  All in all they are doing quite a job preparing for returning players and alts.

17 minutes ago, Smash said:

There is something that might be confusing on the order of your post without clarification.

For your first character surpassing 25, you have to do the Quest line to unlock 26-40.  On any other Alt, you can just skip straight to 40.

Have done this myself on some of my Alts, but the ordering of how to deal with AK for Returning/Alts does not clarify this fact for others.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

If you reached AK 40 on your main, you can buy Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VIIArtifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII for 1,000 Order Resources and mail them to your alt for instant AK Level 40

I thought this explained it pretty well.  The way you worded it about skipping straight to 40 on an alt is a bit confusing and misleading if people don't understand that it requires what Stan said of reaching AK 40 on your main first.

On 16/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, PatrickHenry said:

"Legendary" - It's beginning to look more like a item icon color change than a rarity identifier.

Exactly... IMO it went down hill from MoP and on.... They should have made "ancient epics" or whatever, and i would have been so much happier... Last legit legendary was the rogue daggers from dragon soul.

so as they have added

If you reached AK 40 on your main, you can buy Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VIIArtifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII for 1,000 Order Resources and mail them to your alt for instant AK Level 40

if you run invasions until 110 then upgrade AK to 40, you can go back through all the zones and get maximized AP from all the zone quests and have you weapon maxed in no time.

i did this with a recent 100-110 booted and maxed AP within a few hours of getting to 110. so make sure to do the broken shores quest line to open up the new AP weapon system

Edited by Usul420
wrong color text

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 5/11-Heroic 11/11-Normal Antorus, having killed every boss we've pulled.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS: YES. We badly need RANGED DPS, but exceptional melee will be considered, particularly mail.
      Healers: MAYBE. We'd like a restoration/balance druid who can dps as well as they can heal and are okay being expected to play either role.
      Tank: NO. No current needs.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you the inside picture on how we operate as a raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - French - 8/11H - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman is RECRUITING!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Undying AtBT: 8/11H, 2day, Tuesday and Wednesday 7hpm to 10h30hpm  (EAST)
      - [Raid] Baguettes & Squareheads AtBT:8/11H, 2day, Wednesday and Monday 7h30pm to 10h30hpm (EAST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck AtBT:1/11H, 1day, Wednesday 7hpm to 10h30hpm (EAST)
      PvP:
      - [PvP] Unhuman RBG: 1800 rating, 1day Sunday starting at 9hpm (EAST)

Community:
      - More than 450 account
      Unhuman is a performing raiding guild with multiple raid groups, it's one of the biggest, for not saying the biggest one, french community on World of Warcraft US. Unhuman has been created in December 2006 and will continue to live for a long time, Unhuman is trying to give to our raiders everything they need to be focus only on good progression!. Unhuman is always looking for new players of all kind, PvE or PvP, even with Battle pets or Archeologists or anything else you can do in the game....You will be sure to find your way with Unhuman!
      For any question...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Falfuris-Arthas, Officier
    • By Jovovich
      World of Warcraft - [Horde][US-Arthas]Unhuman - Francais - 8/11H - www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman est à la recherche de nouveaux visages qui seraient intéressés à joindre ses rangs!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Undying AtBT: 8/11H, 2soir, Mardi et Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)
      - [Raid] Baguettes & Squareheads AtBT: 8/11H, 2soir, Mercredi et Lundi 7h30pm à 10h30hpm (EST)
      - [Raid] Casual as Fuck AtBT:1/11H, 1soir, Mercredi 7hpm à 10h30hpm  (EST)
      PvP:
      - [PvP] Unhuman RBG: 1800 rating, 1soir Dimanche des 9hpm (EST)
      Communauté:
      - Plus de  450 accounts
      Unhuman est plus qu'une guilde de raiding performante, c'est aussi la plus grosse communauté Francophone sur World of Warcraft US. Depuis sa création en 2006, Unhuman cherche à offrir à ses raiders un environnement de jeu qui favorise la progression et ce avec des joueurs d'excellent calibre. Nous sommes constamment à la recherche de nouveaux joueurs que ce soit PVE ou PVP, mais aussi des masters du Pet Battles, des champions de l'Archéologie ou peu importe ce qui vous branche ingame. Vous êtes donc assuré de trouver ce que vous cherchez chez nous peu importe votre style de jeu.
      Pour toutes questions...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Falfuris-Arthas, Officier
    • By Stan

Our Patch 7.3.5 zone preview continues with Fate's Veil, Forge of Aeons, and more.
      Patch 7.3.5 adds several new zones to the game and it looks like they might be used for scenarios.
      Fate's Veil (Void Elves Unlock Scenario)
      The zone is very similar to the the in Locus-Walker & Alleria quest chain in Mac'Aree, possibly related to Void Elves. It has a cool skybox with Old God infested planets.

Forge of Aeons (Lightforged Draenei Unlock Scenario)

The Sunwell

Uuna Scenario
      A new zone called "A Dark Place" was added in Patch 7.3.5. It's referred to as "Uuna Scenario" in the game files. Not much information is available at this time, but you probably came across Uuna on Argus. Uuna's Doll drops from an ur'zul elite (The Many-Faced Devourer). It's most likely going to be some sort of solo content, where players help Uuna.

Patch 7.3.5 Coverage
      Alleria & Turalyon Return to Azeroth Allied Races Heritage Armor Allied Races Mounts in Battle for Azeroth Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday Mounts Faction Embassies in Patch 7.3.5 Highmountain Tauren Druid Forms in Battle for Azeroth Development Notes: Build 25600 Seething Shore Battleground Preview Uninstanced Version of the Nighthold (Allied Races Hub for the Nightborne) Zone Scaling & Zone Level Caps in Patch 7.3.5
    • By Stan

New scarab mounts related to the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.5.
      We found four new models in the game files so far as of 7.3.5 Build 25632. They all share the same flavor text and will only be available during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday.
      "The Qiraji War Tank has only been seen recently during the Call of the Scarab, could this hint at a resurfacing of the deadly creatures?"

Black Qiraji War Tank

Blue Qiraji War Tank

Purple Qiraji War Tank

Red Qiraji War Tank

Patch 7.3.5 Coverage
      Alleria & Turalyon Return to Azeroth Allied Races Heritage Armor Allied Races Mounts in Battle for Azeroth Faction Embassies in Patch 7.3.5 Highmountain Tauren Druid Forms in Battle for Azeroth Development Notes: Build 25600 Seething Shore Battleground Preview Uninstanced Version of the Nighthold (Allied Races Hub for the Nightborne) Zone Scaling & Zone Level Caps in Patch 7.3.5